Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 42 Buckhorn 30 (54th District)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from John C. Combs Arena.
MVP2 Wrote:Final from John C. Combs Arena.

Hey MVP looks like we made them at the same time lol care to merge them
Very sloppy game by both teams on the offensive end. Impressive performance from the Commodores defensive side of the ball tonight. They contained Day well tonight, I'm not sure if he even broke double digits tonight. The Commodores held the Wildcats to only 2 points in the first quarter. Big game from Beverly, kid is going to be a stud.
Great game by the Commodores and the Wildcats.
Buckhorn kept it close all game but just got tired at the end and Perry was too much.
Braxton Beverly will be the best player in the mountains for years to come if he sticks with it and works hard.
He led all scorers tonight.

On a side note.
Matt Day was nominated for an Oscar for his flopping ability Wink
MVP2 Wrote:Very sloppy game by both teams on the offensive end. Impressive performance from the Commodores defensive side of the ball tonight. They contained Day well tonight, I'm not sure if he even broke double digits tonight. The Commodores held the Wildcats to only 2 points in the first quarter. Big game from Beverly, kid is going to be a stud.

Day had 12 Wink
5 of em were FTs
zaga_fan Wrote:Great game by the Commodores and the Wildcats.
Buckhorn kept it close all game but just got tired at the end and Perry was too much.
Braxton Beverly will be the best player in the mountains for years to come if he sticks with it and works hard.
He led all scorers tonight.

On a side note.
Matt Day was nominated for an Oscar for his flopping ability Wink

From what Ive heard he wont be playing in the Mountains once he gets to High School.

Hey, Dont take no shots at Day. He shown some maturity and good sportsmanship tonight. Best player in region this year and next.
MVP2 Wrote:From what Ive heard he wont be playing in the Mountains once he gets to High School.

Hey, Dont take no shots at Day. He shown some maturity and good sportsmanship tonight. Best player in region this year and next.

Both teams did keep this one under control and Matt Day was definitely a role model in this one.....
however, he does flop like a fish and I'll hold to that comment until I see him do otherwise lol
Congrats PCC, good season Buckhorn.
Really impressed by Beverly, like stated above, he'll be a force for years to come.
Can't wait for Perry/Hazard, Friday!
Congrats to Perry County Central
Congrats to John Noble on a great season.
He returns most of his team and I expect big things from BHS next year.
Game stats and recap now up on examiner.com!
http://www.examiner.com/eastern-kentucky...uckhorn-30
Well, Buckhorn had the biggest fan base there and they let the game slide away.
They played scared the whole night, taking a few crazy shots, a shakey start for both teams.. Instead of Day trying to go inside, he shot a lot of outside shots. Day didn't try to post up at all the whole game. Some calls were questionable and could have gave Buckhorn the momentum they needed. Needless to say from watching Buckhorn, Day is all they have with some 3 point shooters. When I seen the size of Buckhorn matched up against PCC's I knew it spelled trouble. I will not be surprised if Day leaves Buckhorn IMO.

Braxton Beverly could not be contained, he did what he wanted and moved the ball very well for a 7th grader. What a kid.
Good win for Perry, and this definitely shows that they are head and shoulders better than the rest of the region.
One thing that I expected from Perry's fans but didn't get to witness was the famous chant we've all come to love....

"WE WANT HAZARD! clap clap clap-clap-clap"
lol
Zaga,

Can you tell me when the Haz and PCC game is? Is it Friday? and what time?
And I agree, figured around a minute left the fans would have went with the cheer, but I think all were so interested in the game.
Ballers Wrote:Zaga,

Can you tell me when the Haz and PCC game is? Is it Friday? and what time?
And I agree, figured around a minute left the fans would have went with the cheer, but I think all were so interested in the game.

KHSAA has the championship listed for Friday at 7.
Don't jump the gun, Ballers.
Hazard has to get through Leslie tomorrow:dontthink
Can someone tell me if the Braxton has been held back or is he a true 7th grader? He sure is talented.
divadawg Wrote:Can someone tell me if the Braxton has been held back or is he a true 7th grader? He sure is talented.

Holdback
Congrats Perry. The Hazard/Perry game should be a good one.
Cant believe these two wont meet in the regular season, which is a good thing for this year. The suspense has built up dramatically.
divadawg Wrote:Can someone tell me if the Braxton has been held back or is he a true 7th grader? He sure is talented.

Yeah he is a holdback, as most talented players are these days. And yeah he sure is talented. I have never seen a kid his age/grade take over a game like that, especially a game of that magnitude. I am totally impressed, as he has definitely put himself right there in the mix with the best players in the region, after tonight's performance. Even better that I hear he is as great a kid/student off the floor as he is on.
I would also like to congratulate Buckhorn on a great season, and a respectable show of class. Both PCC and Buckhorn displayed some terrific sportsmanship tonight. Unfortunately, one of the best two teams in the mountains had to lose tonight. I HATE NOT SEEDING!!
I think this is the first time I have ever seen a 1st quarter score of 4-2. Congrats to both teams!
Congrats PCC.
Congrats to PCC and congratulations to Buckhorn on a tremendous season...
Congrats 'Dores on the big win! Also, congrats are in order to Buckhorn for a great season!

I think this game is a prime example of why each district should seed. In my opinion, Perry and Buckhorn are the two best teams not only in Region, but in the Mountains as well. It should be Perry and Buckhorn going to Region.

The players showed alot of class out there tonight. Beverly really impressed me tonight. He plays outstanding in the big games and doesn't play like a 7th-grader should. He don't make mistakes much. Braxton is going to be one heck of a player when he starts High School and will get to play at D-1 Level.
zaga_fan Wrote:One thing that I expected from Perry's fans but didn't get to witness was the famous chant we've all come to love....

"WE WANT HAZARD! clap clap clap-clap-clap"
lol
Probably because they don't really want them.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Congrats 'Dores on the big win! Also, congrats are in order to Buckhorn for a great season!

I think this game is a prime example of why each district should seed. In my opinion, Perry and Buckhorn are the two best teams not only in Region, but in the Mountains as well. It should be Perry and Buckhorn going to Region.

The players showed alot of class out there tonight. Beverly really impressed me tonight. He plays outstanding in the big games and doesn't play like a 7th-grader should. He don't make mistakes much. Braxton is going to be one heck of a player when he starts High School and will get to play at D-1 Level.
You think Hazard and Leslie should have just dropped out of the district games?
congrats to PCC
jackbenimble Wrote:You think Hazard and Leslie should have just dropped out of the district games?

No, I'm saying that it should've been seeded with Perry (1 seed) playing Leslie (4 seed) and Buckhorn (2 seed) playing Hazard (3 seed). I think if those were the match-ups, Buckhorn and Perry would be going to Region.
zaga_fan Wrote:Holdback
I think it's required if you play B-ball for PCC.
J/K
Pages: 1 2