Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart 2011
This is a small preview of Brossart and the rest of the NKY 2A district from Tri-State Football

http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?articleid=2906
toussaints Wrote:This is a small preview of Brossart and the rest of the NKY 2A district from Tri-State Football

http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?articleid=2906
nice preview but it was about Newport
think this what you meant

http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=2905
nky Wrote:think this what you meant

http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=2905

yes that is exactly what i meant
What is going on in Mustang Land? I heard yesterday that another coach resigned. That's the 5th coach off of last years team to go do something else. :HitWall:
I don't understand with the Mustangs moving up and coming off of two good seasons, now they have this big turn over of coaches? I don't get it. I hope this doesn't bode well for the future of the program
Who was it Mustang? Didn't hear that one
D-line coach Dan Ryan was the latest coach to leave. Not good! He did a good job with the weights program also. That means the entire defensive coaching staff is gone.
So home many coaches are left from this year and who?
With Coach Ryan leaving that leaves 2 assistants left from last year team (one promoted to Defensive coordinator he held that job at Bellevue).
Coach Ryan did do a nice job with weights but I bet he left for personal reasons. I think his son will be a freshman next year at CovCath
FREE AGENT Wrote:D-line coach Dan Ryan was the latest coach to leave. Not good! He did a good job with the weights program also. That means the entire defensive coaching staff is gone.
One left on each side of the ball. I hope the kids are working hard, winning can make the transition easier.
I've heard a couple of key players are on the fence about playing next year. Some of them are not liking how things are going out their. Also some don't like the way the coaching thing has been handled.
How will the CCYFL affect them? With the youth league going up to Middle School, the only option is to go on to CCMS. Will that pull students/players into the public school system versus staying eventually moving on to Brossart????
Brossart has had a middle school team the last few years and are moving toward creating an elementary team to play in an emerging elementary school league. I don't know if that league is a go for next year but it will be in the future
FREE AGENT Wrote:I've heard a couple of key players are on the fence about playing next year. Some of them are not liking how things are going out their. Also some don't like the way the coaching thing has been handled.

A lot of kids are always on the fence about committing to long, hot summers of practice. That is no surprise. Brossart's coaches know (no surprise) that with only 12 returning seniors and juniors-to-be's, some kids may look to jump ship. Some are thinking of quiting football to concentrate on basketball due to the success of the freshman team.

Brossart will put a team on the field of players that want to be there and contribute. That means, pleanty of experience for the sophmores and freshmen for the future.

As for the coaching, people from the inside have said there is no big loss. Only kids had their feelings hurt because someone left them. Give them time with the new coaches and all is well.
Amber Lamp Wrote:A lot of kids are always on the fence about committing to long, hot summers of practice. That is no surprise. Brossart's coaches know (no surprise) that with only 12 returning seniors and juniors-to-be's, some kids may look to jump ship. Some are thinking of quiting football to concentrate on basketball due to the success of the freshman team.

Brossart will put a team on the field of players that want to be there and contribute. That means, pleanty of experience for the sophmores and freshmen for the future.

As for the coaching, people from the inside have said there is no big loss. Only kids had their feelings hurt because someone left them. Give them time with the new coaches and all is well.

Interesting. From my understanding the head coach didn't do much planning or even coaching the last few years. More of an overseer. I hope you're right but then again what else could the current staff say of the "5 varsity coaches out of 6 that left?

Stay positive and keep working hard Mustangs.
FREE AGENT Wrote:I've heard a couple of key players are on the fence about playing next year. Some of them are not liking how things are going out their. Also some don't like the way the coaching thing has been handled.

alot of multi-sport sthletes are always on the fence about playing the sports they play. Athletes get tired at the end of the season and are unsure about playing sports in the next season and most spring athletes just want school to end soon so they can enjoy summer. Baseball and basketball players play summer ball hoping to get noticed by college scouts and they feel like they could get hurt in football too easily so they focus on those sports. It's a cycle they all go through.

Besides, the football program is turning 5 years old next season. Brossart doesn't have many kids to begin with, and they have to compete with a cross country state powerhouse and a very good soccer program.
Amber Lamp Wrote:A lot of kids are always on the fence about committing to long, hot summers of practice. That is no surprise. Brossart's coaches know (no surprise) that with only 12 returning seniors and juniors-to-be's, some kids may look to jump ship. Some are thinking of quiting football to concentrate on basketball due to the success of the freshman team.

In my opinion losing your top 5 asst. coaches is a BIG DEAL. Hopefully the kids keep working hard their going to need it to overcome a headcoach that just "oversees" things.
Sorry to hear about the coaches leaving. Hopefully, good school leadership can navigate the speed bumps. Best of luck to Brossart in 2011.
Brossart's schedule looks like this:

S- Boone County @ Ryle: format should prevent serious injury, expect minor though
S- Cincinnati Schroder, no location yet: very, very, very fast football team.

Wk 1- @ Middletown Christian (OH): young program, went 7-3 last season
Wk 2- Dayton: returns alot of experience, new head coach
Wk 3- Caverna: returns the really fast qb/rb that almost beat brossart by himself
Wk 4- @ Pendleton County: 4A school, don't know much about them
Wk 5- ? Newport Central Catholic: Hightchew, enough said
Wk 6- @ Covington Holy Cross: loss 5 starters total from last year, ouch
Wk 7- Lloyd: new coach, lot of experience and energy, should be a good game
Wk 8- ? Newport: not as fast as cin. schroder, but still very fast
Wk 9- @ Walton-Verona: should be another fun game to watch
Wk10- @ Scott: 5A school, but doesn't have a very strong record against small schools

Not sure if NCC and Newport are home games. Brossart's home games will be played at Scott High School.
could be a long year for the Mustangs
nky Wrote:could be a long year for the Mustangs

it could, but i don't think it'll be too bad. They could start the year off 4-0, but they could also start the year 0-4.

I see Brossart going 5-5 with wins over Middletown Christian, Dayton, Caverna, Pendleton County, and Lloyd. At best 7-3 beating Newport and Walton-Verona. At worst, 1-9
^ it's going to depend heavily on how the new coaches mesh into a single system
Wk1Middletown Christian (OH) - no clue on this one
Wk 2- Dayton: Always a tough game- Brossart smacked them pretty good last year but Dayto was suggling at the end with internal issues, not an easy game
Wk 3- Caverna: long trip from Cave City to play a game Brossart should get a win in this one
Wk 4- @ Pendleton County:
Wk 5- ? Newport Central Catholic: no chance
Wk 6- @ Covington Holy Cross: no chance
Wk 7- Lloyd: Seems to be moving in the right direction in Erlanger, This could be a toss up
Wk 8- ? Newport: Newport tends to up or down. Hopfully Brossart can find them down
Wk 9- @ Walton-Verona: Bearcats have a lot of returners from last years team, plus Walton has a cake walk in their district, they should be flying high at this point in season
Wk10- @ Scott- This was an interesting game 6 months ago until the coaching turn over at Brossart, Eagles may be too much

unlike the last two seasons where the mustangs started 5-0 I don't see that happening. 1-9? 2-8? Newport and Lloyd are the two big games win one or both and make the playoffs. That's more important then record this year for the Mustangs