Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bishop Brossart 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
they graduated 14 seniors from last years team but return a number of kids on both sides of the ball including 4 soon to be seniors who have started since their freshman year. The program over the last two years has seen improvements.

Will they continue to improve moving up to 2A?

They'll play Dayton, Caverna, Walton-Verona, Llyod, NewCath, Newport, Holy Cross, and Scott with a scrimmage against Boone Co.
There are two other games that I haven't heard about but anyway they have upgraded the schedule from last year.

What's every one's thoughts?
they also play pendleton county and i think theyre still working out a week 0 or week 1 game. I wouldn't want to go 5 hours down to betsy layne either.

2 games that brossart NEEDS to win are either Newport and/or Lloyd and Walton-Verona. Beating Lloyd or Newport would put them in the playoffs and beating Walton Verona would give them a shot of confidence going into the playoffs. I don't see them doing much against Holy Cross and NCC. They should beat Dayton and Pendleton. Caverna and Scott will be a challenge. Brossart could go 8-2, 7-3 depending on the week 0 or 1 opponent, or they could 3-7.
Yea the trips two years in a row wasn't the best but two wins were nice.
I think week 0 or 1 is a game with Casey Co. but I could be wrong on that. It looks like an improved schedule which they need to do. Newport and/or Lloyd are the big game for the Mustangs this year.
I don't know about scrimmaging Boone though. That doesn't seem to be the brightest thing in the world. I sure hope they're working hard in the weightroom
Not as many long road trips this year like last. The Mustangs toured the state last year. I think the real question is how will the kids adapt to the new coaches on both sides of the ball. Some of the some of the former coaches had been with Coach Reinhart from day one and were vital to the success of the program up to this point.
They did lose most of their staff, i think 4 total, but losing those coaches won't hurt the program too bad. And im with NKY, i don't see much positive coming out of scrimmaging boone. I like that brossart is playing tougher competiton, but having a huge 6A school with 3 times as many players, you could open yourself up to some injuries.
toussaints Wrote:They did lose most of their staff, i think 4 total, but losing those coaches won't hurt the program too bad. And I'm with NKY, i don't see much positive coming out of scrimmaging boone. I like that brossart is playing tougher competition, but having a huge 6A school with 3 times as many players, you could open yourself up to some injuries.
It was 4 coaches (both coordinators and two position coaches). Over time the lost of coaches will be overcome but I think the transition maybe rough. The kids new what to expect and knew what was needed so there may be some adjustments needed by everyone. Even within the coaching staff there will be some adjustments needed. The former coaches had all coached before Brossart at Scott so they knew each other well.
I root for Brossart and want to see them do well. However, anything better than 3 and 7 would surprise me. Scott is better than what they appear because they get beat on by Highlands, Dixie, and to a lesser degree Covcath. I just hope for a surprise win, playoffs, and no injuries.
Number's wise both Scott and Brossart will have about the same number of players out- between 35-40
toussaints Wrote:They did lose most of their staff, i think 4 total, but losing those coaches won't hurt the program too bad. And im with NKY, i don't see much positive coming out of scrimmaging boone. I like that brossart is playing tougher competiton, but having a huge 6A school with 3 times as many players, you could open yourself up to some injuries.

4 out of 6 varsity coaches are not returning next year for various reasons. I would classify that as most. But that's water under the bridge it's time to move forward. What's more concerning is what I hear about low turn out for weights. I understand some kids play multiple sports but a friend told me there has been days with about 10 kids in the weight room:redboxer:You can't win with that.
MustangSally Wrote:4 out of 6 varsity coaches are not returning next year for various reasons. I would classify that as most. But that's water under the bridge it's time to move forward. What's more concerning is what I hear about low turn out for weights. I understand some kids play multiple sports but a friend told me there has been days with about 10 kids in the weight room:redboxer:You can't win with that.
I hope that was an exceptional day and not the norm. The Mustangs will struggle if they're not getting stronger. They're not playing all the weaker teams of the state any more so strength and conditioning will be needed.
If the Mustangs have 3 wins at the end of the season they should consider that a success. Moving up to 2A before they are really prepared to take on stiffer competion may set the program back a little bit.
jake elbert is going to seriously break out this season. He is big strong and fast. Im picking him to be the leading rusher and tackler for ole Bish-Bross.
birdman44 Wrote:Jake Elbert is going to seriously break out this season. He is big strong and fast. I'm picking him to be the leading rusher and tackler for ole Bishop-Brossart.
He's a kid who played in the Ft. Thomas league
Elbert should have a solid junior season if he stays healthy. He's a solid tailback who can be a punisher. At defensive end he has an instinct for the ball and makes many plays:Thumbs:
What is/was the reasoning for 4 coaches leaving Brossart? Are any of them planning on coaching at other schools?
Tincup44 Wrote:What is/was the reasoning for 4 coaches leaving Brossart? Are any of them planning on coaching at other schools?
Two of them will be coaching at Holy Cross(The former d coordinator from Brossart is coaching linebackers and the former o coordinator from Brossart is coaching running backs ), one getting out of coaching for awhile, and the other has a son who will be a senior at another school and wants to watch him compete in another sport.
I think some of them wanted to keep friendship over coach situations.
:police:I just heard that a fifth coach and possibly a sixth are gone from the coaching staff. What is going on out in alexandria?
It appears after looking into the coaching changes noone except the head coach is their from the first years of the program. To me thats not a good sign. With the jump in class and strength of schedule i would think keeping the coaching staff together would be important.
FREE AGENT Wrote:It appears after looking into the coaching changes noone except the head coach is their from the first years of the program. To me thats not a good sign. With the jump in class and strength of schedule i would think keeping the coaching staff together would be important.

i agree, except that Brossart went 0-20 in their 1st 2 seasons :devilflam

but seriously, its not a good thing when most of the coaching staff takes off after the recent success they had. But from what I've heard from around cincinnati and northern kentucky, some of the coaches they're bringing in will do just fine.
toussaints Wrote:i agree, except that Brossart went 0-20 in their 1st 2 seasons :devilflam

but seriously, its not a good thing when most of the coaching staff takes off after the recent success they had. But from what I've heard from around Cincinnati and northern Kentucky, some of the coaches they're bringing in will do just fine.
only 10 of those loses go with Coach Reinhart. He was the third or fourth coach to take over Brossart after their JV and then first varsity season. HOPEFULLY everything will work out for the players.
nky Wrote:only 10 of those loses go with Coach Reinhart. He was the third or fourth coach to take over Brossart after their JV and then first varsity season. HOPEFULLY everything will work out for the players.

I do hope that it works out for the players. Tough situation for them i'm sure. Maybe the new coach's will be better suited for them than the old one's.
FREE AGENT Wrote:I do hope that it works out for the players. Tough situation for them i'm sure. Maybe the new coach's will be better suited for them than the old one's.
maybe
FREE AGENT Wrote:I do hope that it works out for the players. Tough situation for them I'm sure. Maybe the new coach's will be better suited for them than the old one's.

Why do you say this? From what I heard from some of the players who are seniors right now it was the assistants that were doing all of the coaching and the head coach did very little around practice. They felt the head coach for most game preparations didn't know the game plan and he really didn't understand what the offense was running. Maybe that's just kids talking but something happened to cause that many assistants to leave
MustangSally Wrote:Why do you say this? From what I heard from some of the players who are seniors right now it was the assistants that were doing all of the coaching and the head coach did very little around practice. They felt the head coach for most game preparations didn't know the game plan and he really didn't understand what the offense was running. Maybe that's just kids talking but something happened to cause that many assistants to leave

Well from reading the post above it won't be a big loss(the coach's who left). They should be just fine with the new guys they brought in. So your saying the players have questions about the HC??? Thats not good. So was their problems on the coaching staff or did they just leave for better situations?
FREE AGENT Wrote:Well from reading the post above it won't be a big loss(the coach's who left). They should be just fine with the new guys they brought in. So your saying the players have questions about the HC??? That's not good. So was their problems on the coaching staff or did they just leave for better situations?

The coaches that left went for various reasons. But the staff did have a meeting last year and there were some issues on the table that had to change or be done differently. I don't think as the season went on those issues went out the window so some on the staff moved on to other schools
MustangSally Wrote:The coaches that left went for various reasons. But the staff did have a meeting last year and there were some issues on the table that had to change or be done differently. I don't think as the season went on those issues went out the window so some on the staff moved on to other schools
Confusedhh: you're in the ballpark check out my post at #15
FREE AGENT Wrote:Well from reading the post above it won't be a big loss(the coach's who left). They should be just fine with the new guys they brought in. So your saying the players have questions about the HC??? Thats not good. So was their problems on the coaching staff or did they just leave for better situations?
They were solid coaches (two were grabbed by Holy Cross with in a week from leaving Brossart)
You could almost say the coaches who left were the heart of the program. Three of them had not only coaching experience they played college football, and played at good programs. They were the coaches turned to for football issues
Sounds like a messy situation. Hope it works out for all involved.
Losing those coaches will hurt and will take time to get over but they will get over it.
Death Wrote:Losing those coaches will hurt and will take time to get over but they will get over it.
agreed the program will survive. I hope the parents will understand and continue to support the program in a positive manor. There may be some rocky roads ahead and growing pains with the movement to a more competitive district and a vastly improved schedule add to the coaching shuffling it could be won/lost wise a struggle as compared to the last two seasons.
Pages: 1 2