Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd Co. 2011
Always_A_Lion Wrote:I wasn't trying to get everybody fighting, I was just pointing out that since the current coach took over he has lost twice as many games as he's won. Boyd County's defence is the worst in school history. I will also point out that while last season our talent was all but nonexistant, we have had plenty of talent with our current coach. Zach Wilson, Justin Selby, Tyler Arthur, Ryan Crisp, well the list goes on, but you get the point. Coach Evans has had the Biggest team up front and some of the faster skill players that the Lions have had since the 80's and still only managed 6-6 as his best season. He's had plenty of talent with little results.

Wasn't coach Evans a big winner in Florida? Didn't he take his school to the state championship? Not sure if this is the same coach. Something tells me they had soccer in fl. at his school! We're not fighting!:argue: Just discussing whats going on in the county:ChairHit: All good here! kind of funny!
Hey O I heard the Lawrence County baseball coach say the reason his numbers were down was because of soccer. Lawrence County does not even have a boys soccer team only a girls team. This is the same coach that frowns on any player that dares to play anything other than baseball. Coaches need to encourage STUDENT-athletes to be good students first and play multiple sports second. Sound mind, body and soul. The smart coach encourages a few soccer players to play football and now he has a kicking game. A smart coach works with the speedy track star and now has a pinch base runner. ANYTHING THAT GETS KIDS ACTIVE IS GOOD.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Hey O I heard the Lawrence County baseball coach say the reason his numbers were down was because of soccer. Lawrence County does not even have a boys soccer team only a girls team. This is the same coach that frowns on any player that dares to play anything other than baseball. Coaches need to encourage STUDENT-athletes to be good students first and play multiple sports second. Sound mind, body and soul. The smart coach encourages a few soccer players to play football and now he has a kicking game. A smart coach works with the speedy track star and now has a pinch base runner. ANYTHING THAT GETS KIDS ACTIVE IS GOOD.

:Thumbs:
Coach Evans came from Ashland, it was Dane Damron and Coach Marsh that came to us after much success in Florida.
Always_A_Lion Wrote:Coach Evans came from Ashland, it was Dane Damron and Coach Marsh that came to us after much success in Florida.

Thanks Always_A_Lion. Why did coach Damron leave?
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Thanks Always_A_Lion. Why did coach Damron leave?
If I remember correctly, he left BC to coach at KCU.
Yeah, he went to KCU and Coach Marsh left a season or 2 before to take an assistant coaching position in Indy or so I was told.
I don't know about terrible. But they are playing a really weak schedule! Maybe they'll get a few more wins that way but I don't know how much those kind of wins really help you in the big picture? It sure hasn't seemed to help them any in the past.
How much longer is Evans going to be at Boyd?? I thought last year or year before would've been? They must be really patient out there or just numb to it?
rowan.county!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been told by several sources that last year was the end of his 5 year contract. I guess where he has done such an outstanding job that the powers that be insisted he stay on to continue his incredible prowess.
Sorry Lion but coaches don't get multiple year contracts, they are all 1 year deals. Now a teacher can become tenured after being at the school for a 5th year but that has no bearing on their coaching
I really don't know how the hiring and firing works for coaches, I've just heard that contract for Lee Evans from several people who don't even know each other.All it would take though is 1 false rumor to start then everybody hears it.So I'll take your word for it,I have no reason to doubt you.If he had a contract, there's no way he got an extention.Thanks for the info on the year to year coaching deals,now I know that there is no reason to keep someone who's not up to the job they've taken.