Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 36 Pikeville 28
Real Badman Wrote:We're Back!

Never mind, it's cool...
Your back we get it,, now I know why you left in the first place,,, you kept getting on everyones nerves.. LOL,,, So thanks for coming back, nice visit, but youve outstayed your welcome so go home. Us and the rest of the 15th region have arranged for your travel immediatley after the first round of the Regional Tournament, so take care be safe and we will see you again after three more years of buying a ticket to the regional tournament!
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Pikeville is the most overhyped team in the region by far. But hey. "They're back" so what do I know?

2 and 0 versus East Ridge, Shelby Valley, and Pike Central. Wins over Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark, Belfry and Knott Central. Not saying they are the best but they have earned respect on the floor. Betsy Layne has clearly outplayed them twice, but the region is wide open. Almost every team that makes the region will have a legitimate shot to win it.
IMO, the Bobcats are 15 points stronger then any team in this region. The boys need to get back healthy. Each kid has had the flu since the all A tourn. Casey was very weak playing against the Panthers hes just now getting well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
RollTribe Wrote:Your back we get it,, now I know why you left in the first place,,, you kept getting on everyones nerves.. LOL,,, So thanks for coming back, nice visit, but youve outstayed your welcome so go home. Us and the rest of the 15th region have arranged for your travel immediatley after the first round of the Regional Tournament, so take care be safe and we will see you again after three more years of buying a ticket to the regional tournament!
Haha. Can't do it yourselves, so you wait until someone else does it to bash Pikeville. Big words coming from a team that has been beaten by the Panthers twice in double digit fashion.
Big Don Wrote:WOW....You'd think the panther's would be hitting on all cylinder's by this time of the year. Look's like an early exit from the expo is coming soon.

Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Pikeville is the most overhyped team in the region by far. But hey. "They're back" so what do I know?

RollTribe Wrote:Your back we get it,, now I know why you left in the first place,,, you kept getting on everyones nerves.. LOL,,, So thanks for coming back, nice visit, but youve outstayed your welcome so go home. Us and the rest of the 15th region have arranged for your travel immediatley after the first round of the Regional Tournament, so take care be safe and we will see you again after three more years of buying a ticket to the regional tournament!
Ok. Everyone has been talking about how wide open this region is. Now suddenly if Pikeville doesn't win the whole freakin thing, then they are a bust. You can't have it both ways. Either it is wide-open, or you think there are teams that should be expected to win.

And Pikeville is overhyped? How so? The are a top-3 team in this region based on RESULTS. No one on here thinks Pikeville is a better team than BL right now. JC has been very inconsistent, so one could debate that, but they still are probably a little better than Pikeville. And Pikeville loses to the consensus number 1 in the region and the All 'A' State Champions by 8 points, and suddenly oh no the wheels are coming off!! The Panthers are now 19-7. 3 losses inside the region, 2 to BL and one to JC. Also with a victory over JC. They haven't been beaten by another team in the region! (Haven't played Paintsville, Magoffin, Phelps)

It's pretty easy to just type up how overrated a team is, throw in some insults, and make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about. It is another thing to prove it with facts. Show me why Pikeville is such a terrible team and has no business stepping foot on the court at the Expo Center and I'll consider it. But no one has brought up any legitimate reasons. It is all just ignorant talk out of dislike for all things Maroon and White.
Tellme2 Wrote:This Low scoring game is because of Betsy Laynes coach, Old School. If you can watch the games they play he yells if they shoot to fast. One of his 15th region victories was only 8 points in a half. If you have players that can score let them score, don't be afraid. They can do it, I have seen them before.

21-6 is the bobcat record this year dont question the coach my god they just won the all a state title
Wow. I thought this could be a possible match-up of a 15th region clash, but maybe Pikeville is slipping a bit.
I agree with what Panther Thunder said 100%. Big difference between facts and hate.
Tough loss at home on Senior night....Good luck BOBCATS..."were BACK too, from Richmond with a big trophy"
KY Headhunter Wrote:i attended the game and I must say this was ugly. Pikeville has a nice player in Rowe and Betsy Layne has Martin. Both teams really struggled scoring. Both teams played hard on D, but I just didnt see a shooter on either team. I really cant see how Betsy Layne won the All A. Guess it was just a really weak field this year. Not trying to dis Betsy layne just saying this team is nowhere near the team that SV had the past 2 years and they struggled to win the All A.

Who cares they were the best in the All A this year. Betsy Lane congrats on bringing it home. What is the point in you trying to bring them down. For the record I am not from Betsy Lane but your post is stupid.
Recznik Wrote:IMO, the Bobcats are 15 points stronger then any team in this region. The boys need to get back healthy. Each kid has had the flu since the all A tourn. Casey was very weak playing against the Panthers hes just now getting well.

Actually of the 15 wins they have this season in the region, they won 9 of 15 by less than 15 pts and lost 1. So how do you figure they are 15 pts better.

Typically they do not score alot of points averaging only 56 per game, hard to beat anybody by 15 when you only score 56. They play good defense and rebound the ball well, thats how they win.
Commanche Wrote:Actually of the 15 wins they have this season in the region, they won 9 of 15 by less than 15 pts and lost 1. So how do you figure they are 15 pts better.

Typically they do not score alot of points averaging only 56 per game, hard to beat anybody by 15 when you only score 56. They play good defense and rebound the ball well, thats how they win.

they only may score 56 a game but look at what there oponents average,.. 90% of the games they have played this year there oponents have averagly scored high 30's low 40's...offense wins games defense wins championships
alum09 Wrote:they only may score 56 a game but look at what there oponents average,.. 90% of the games they have played this year there oponents have averagly scored high 30's low 40's...offense wins games defense wins championships

I agree defense wins championships! Betsy Lane plays ball control offense and smothering defense, that is why the scores are so low. That is there style if you have watched them, Junior has done a fabulous job with this team. Also got to give credit to parents who have had them in the AAU circuit developing talent long before Junior got them. Congrats and enjoy the All A STATE Title.

Now you guys need to get your facts straight, they have not allowed less than 45 points in 90% of there games. Fact per http://www.khsaa.org they have allowed 50 points or less 15 times out of 28 games, that is 53.5 percent by my calculations.:HitWall:

By misstating facts you discredit your posts.
I've seen the Bobcats put a great halfs together but yet to really see the hole team put 32 min. of good play, I'm sure it will happen and hope it will be in the regional tour. we need to stay out of foul trouble. would love to see us go to the low post more Casey cant be stopped in the districts nor the regions, then would open the outside shots or Andrew slashing to the basket. Oh best slasher in South Eastern Ky. Andrew Roberts for sure...:1::rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Panther Thunder Wrote:Ok. Everyone has been talking about how wide open this region is. Now suddenly if Pikeville doesn't win the whole freakin thing, then they are a bust. You can't have it both ways. Either it is wide-open, or you think there are teams that should be expected to win.

And Pikeville is overhyped? How so? The are a top-3 team in this region based on RESULTS. No one on here thinks Pikeville is a better team than BL right now. JC has been very inconsistent, so one could debate that, but they still are probably a little better than Pikeville. And Pikeville loses to the consensus number 1 in the region and the All 'A' State Champions by 8 points, and suddenly oh no the wheels are coming off!! The Panthers are now 19-7. 3 losses inside the region, 2 to BL and one to JC. Also with a victory over JC. They haven't been beaten by another team in the region! (Haven't played Paintsville, Magoffin, Phelps)

It's pretty easy to just type up how overrated a team is, throw in some insults, and make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about. It is another thing to prove it with facts. Show me why Pikeville is such a terrible team and has no business stepping foot on the court at the Expo Center and I'll consider it. But no one has brought up any legitimate reasons. It is all just ignorant talk out of dislike for all things Maroon and White.

AGREED:Clap: VERY GOOD POST
Panther Thunder Wrote:Haha. Can't do it yourselves, so you wait until someone else does it to bash Pikeville. Big words coming from a team that has been beaten by the Panthers twice in double digit fashion.

Nope its just big words coming from a team that you all have beat regularly in the regular season for the past three years but have beat you in the first round of the district and watched you all cry like little girls as you leave the floor cause you thought for sure you could beat us a third time! Oh and from a team that has yet to play you with all its starting 5 healthy!
One thing you can count on when the horn blows., No ifs, ands, buts, or excuses that we've heard from E.R. fans all season long because the tribe is supposed to be healthy.:popcorn:

One thing you know is that they don't understand what being back means. You'd think they had dominated last year and only 'came back' to dominate more - or possibly just 'came back' from some bad years to dominate again.

The only problem with either of those possibilities is that they are not dominating in any way this year nor did they last year.

Unless they simply mean they are back to play basketball... which indeed I agree with. They do return back to gyms just the same as they did last year and years before that. But if that is the case I would argue that so is every other team or person out there.

Valley went back to Pikeville as they had years before. So did East Ridge, Pike Central, Belfry... and so on and so forth.

I went back to the grocery store yesterday, just as I do every other Monday. Maybe I should start wearing a shirt printed "I'm back" or pronounce it as I walk in.