Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 36 Pikeville 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from TW Oliver.
What a Low Scoring game this one was
Dang, what an offensive show case!
Offense sells tickets but defense it wins ball games. Was this just a ugly game or just that good of a defensive battle?
HawksRule Wrote:Offense sells tickets but defense it wins ball games. Was this just a ugly game or just that good of a defensive battle?
Bad offense both ways. Defenses played well, but lots of easy shots missed by BL and Pikeville struggled to score. No Branham allowed BL to play a match up zone. Pikeville couldn't get the ball inside and BL did a good job on E. Rowe on the outside. Some people will have to step up for Pikeville and be able to handle the ball and score besides Rowe and Branham. Cecil needs to get back into it after missing a couple of games. W. Rowe played well, but gets a lot of attention and needs to make some better passes down low.

Pikeville will be okay. Just need to have a couple good practices and get ready for the postseason.
thought that might be half time score, congrats to BL
I would like to see the FG% in this one.
We're Back!
Low scoring bout. Congrats BL.
Another win for the Bobcats!!!!!!!! It is always Sweet to beat the Panthers no matter how old you are or whether you are in school or not..........Proud of the Bobcats and the coaching staff........................
22-6 a nice season for the bobcats..but i dont think there finished just yet
Congrats Bobcats. Nice win with Casey and Derek not feeling well
Ugly game by both teams. Classy move by the Panthers to congratulate the Bobcats as All "A" State Champs in the pre-game. Great to see the Panther fans stand up and salute them. :Thumbs:

Time for the Panthers to regroup and get ready for district tournament.
PantherTradition Wrote:Ugly game by both teams. Classy move by the Panthers to congratulate the Bobcats as All "A" State Champs in the pre-game. Great to see the Panther fans stand up and salute them. :Thumbs:

Time for the Panthers to regroup and get ready for district tournament.

I agree that was very classy...and very appreciated
Sounds like a rough game offensively for the Panthers. They still have a few things to iron out before they get in to the district tourney. ER and Valley could pull the upset if they play like this.
Real Badman Wrote:We're Back!

You are an idiot. Please change your handle to Real Freakin Idiot.
Congrats Bobcats on another 15th region victory.
jetpilot Wrote:You are an idiot. Please change your handle to Real Freakin Idiot.

You're cool. I dont know if you perpetuated my statement, but you obviously if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen.
i attended the game and I must say this was ugly. Pikeville has a nice player in Rowe and Betsy Layne has Martin. Both teams really struggled scoring. Both teams played hard on D, but I just didnt see a shooter on either team. I really cant see how Betsy Layne won the All A. Guess it was just a really weak field this year. Not trying to dis Betsy layne just saying this team is nowhere near the team that SV had the past 2 years and they struggled to win the All A.
Congrats to Betsy Layne.
Real Badman Wrote:You're cool. I dont know if you perpetuated my statement, but you obviously if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Ignore my previous sentence that I butchered with horrible grammar. I fail at life :HitWall:
Good win for BL. From this game it sure does look like Pikeville is back. lol
Well
What a low scoring game, but cograts BL
This Low scoring game is because of Betsy Laynes coach, Old School. If you can watch the games they play he yells if they shoot to fast. One of his 15th region victories was only 8 points in a half. If you have players that can score let them score, don't be afraid. They can do it, I have seen them before.
Mr.cold Wrote:Good win for BL. From this game it sure does look like Pikeville is back. lol
Win or lose, we're still back
Tellme2 Wrote:This Low scoring game is because of Betsy Laynes coach, Old School. If you can watch the games they play he yells if they shoot to fast. One of his 15th region victories was only 8 points in a half. If you have players that can score let them score, don't be afraid. They can do it, I have seen them before.
:what:
The Ville Wrote:Win or lose, we're still back

:Thumbs:
WOW....You'd think the panther's would be hitting on all cylinder's by this time of the year. Look's like an early exit from the expo is coming soon.
Pikeville is the most overhyped team in the region by far. But hey. "They're back" so what do I know?
Pages: 1 2