Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Owner Says He Does Not Plan To Trade QB Carson Palmer
Amun-Ra Wrote:Dude before his knee injury Palmer was throwing it all over the field for 300+ yards a game to different recievers. He just hasn't been the same since his injury.
But his whole, "trade me or I'll retire" thing is laughable after this past season. It aint like he was a Pro Bowl type player this year. He was horrible in some games and costs them some wins. He is acting like the Bengals are holding him back....

Seriously? Most QB's in the NFL throw for 300 yards sometimes becuase most teams chuck the ball 40 times a game. Look at cincy's success last year when they were running Benson non stop. They were MUCH better. They didnt win the division because of Palmer.
I guess to me a QB can throw for 500 yards a game but if hes not winning those games it doesnt matter and it doesnt make him any better.
Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds
2010 Cincinnati Bengals 16 586 362 61.8 36.6 3,970
2009 Cincinnati Bengals 16 466 282 60.5 29.1 3,094
2008 Cincinnati Bengals 4 129 75 58.1 32.2 731
2007 Cincinnati Bengals 16 575 373 64.9 35.9 4,131
2006 Cincinnati Bengals 16 520 324 62.3 32.5 4,035
2005 Cincinnati Bengals 16 509 345 67.8 31.8 3,836
2004 Cincinnati Bengals 13 432 263 60.9 33.2 2,897

Really, these are pretty average numbers. He did hit the 4000 mark twice, but he threw the ball over 500 times both of those years. Hes been consistent, but still hasnt won anything yet. The stat that jumps out to me is 154 touchdowns, but 100 Interceptions.
Amun-Ra, "Mike & Mike" was talking this morning about the plan in Philly is to Franchise Tag Vick and renegotiate Kolb.
^ I would franchise Vick in a heartbeat and made sure i kept him. Except for brady and manning i would take him over any other qb
He's putting his house on the market to show that he is serious about this.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Back on the issue of Carson Palmer, I wish the Bengals would get rid of him and try to get Ryan Mallett in the Draft!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
MisterPerfect Wrote:He's putting his house on the market to show that he is serious about this.
He can do that all he wants. But he's still under contract with the Bengals for the next 4 years. Either he shows up and plays or he doesn't play in the league. If he doesn't play he doesn't get paid. He can whine and complain all he wants but Mike Brown owns him.
Stardust Wrote:Amun-Ra, "Mike & Mike" was talking this morning about the plan in Philly is to Franchise Tag Vick and renegotiate Kolb.
Untill it comes out that Philly has signed Kolb to a new contract I say he is out the door if he isn't their starter.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Untill it comes out that Philly has signed Kolb to a new contract I say he is out the door if he isn't their starter.

I'd take Kolb. If they do not deal Kolb before the draft, then he stays in Philly.
Stardust Wrote:I'd take Kolb. If they do not deal Kolb before the draft, then he stays in Philly.
Normally I may agree with you but with the chance of a lockout most deals may wait. He could be part of a Draft Day Trade too.
I wished they would release him as well. However unlike Ocho or T.O, i would want this guy to be my quarterback anyday. Everyone degrades Palmer like he isn't a good quarterback. There's 32 starting Quarterbacks in the NFL. This guy name Palmer come's in a 6 overall this year. This means he out performed 26 other starting Quarterbacks in the league. Sure he had 20 picks, however Drew Bree's who's working with a much better offensive line threw for 22 picks and ended up coming 3rd overall in the ranks. Eli Manning threw for 25 even. However there all still in the top 10 Quarterback performers of the 2010 season. Although these numbers were closely identical, you don't hear new orleans or new york wanting Brees's or Manning out. Mainly because they win games and they've won super bowls. No matter what Quarterback comes in for the Bengals, there not going to win super bowls with what cinci has to offer now. Ocho is a quitter, you can see him when he plays he just stops and gives up completely when he's covered. T.O isn't much better even though he did nearly surpass 1,000 yards. Palmer to me is the only thing on offense that Cinci has going for them.
Is there a *sigh button?? Oh my Bengals. Undecided
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope they keep him and he decides to play. I'd hate to see him retire early like Barry Sanders
Grand Slam Wrote:I hope they keep him and he decides to play. I'd hate to see him retire early like Barry Sanders

If he retires, he will not come close to reminding me of Barry Sanders. Barry was the best player in the game who left us way too early and we can say "What if" to the record books. If Carson left, no one would be making any similar comparison!