Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Owner Says He Does Not Plan To Trade QB Carson Palmer
For a guy who did not have the best year, Palmer sure is bold.
Amun-Ra Wrote:For a guy who did not have the best year, Palmer sure is bold.

He is following the footsteps of Bengals past: Carl Pickens, Correy Dillon, Chad. He see's the writing on the wall. I'd want out as well. As for being bold, guys with a heck of a lot less success than Carson will get big contracts, he won't be hurting financially and will have no problem finding a taker.
I dont blame carson, Although i would let him go. But there really isnt that many productive QB's on the market.
I would show him the door and kick him on the way out.
Cincinnati needs a better QB. Palmer is OK, but so is most NFL QBs and that dont win in the NFL.
Cincy should just shell out the money for a proven QB.
I honestly believe Palmer only had most of his success because of Chris Henry and now that hes passed, having receivers like TO and Ocho, Cincy needs a QB that can scramble.
I would have loved to see them go after Vick a couple of years ago.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would show him the door and kick him on the way out.
Cincinnati needs a better QB. Palmer is OK, but so is most NFL QBs and that dont win in the NFL.
Cincy should just shell out the money for a proven QB.
I honestly believe Palmer only had most of his success because of Chris Henry and now that hes passed, having receivers like TO and Ocho, Cincy needs a QB that can scramble.
I would have loved to see them go after Vick a couple of years ago.
Dude before his knee injury Palmer was throwing it all over the field for 300+ yards a game to different recievers. He just hasn't been the same since his injury.
But his whole, "trade me or I'll retire" thing is laughable after this past season. It aint like he was a Pro Bowl type player this year. He was horrible in some games and costs them some wins. He is acting like the Bengals are holding him back....
^ It's not like we haven't heard this same thing from other athletes. Who cares if he had a terrible season? If you want out, then you want out. It's like a marriage isn't it? If you want a divorce, it's not because you just finished winning "Husband of the Year" award! It's because you want to get away from your partner!
He obviously says in the public that he does not plan to trade him.....just in case some team is interested he MIGHT get some value out of him.

If it is known that he HAS to trade him, then any interested team is going to use that to their advantage. At least this way he has some negotiation power.
^ No, when Mike Brown says he is NOT going to trade him, he means it. He said he was not going to trade Carl Pickens, Corey Dillon, and Chad - and he didn't! The Redskins were willing to give the Bengals virtually every pick in their draft and once Mike said no, there was nothing going to change his mind.
He wont hold out! He is no Barry sanders
Carson Palmer IS a good football player. But IMO hes tired of playing around in the Romper Room that is the bungals. I think Carson looks at 2 teams in his own division that he plays twice a year and notices that the players on those teams have ownership that is committed to do whatever it takes to put a winner on the field year in and year out. Carson doesnt see that where he is. Carson sees an owner and his daughter who could care less if the team does any good or not as long as their making money. He sees them respond to a divisional championship season by signing a player who has divided every locker room hes ever been in for his own twisted ammusement. Carson now sees that as long as hes in Cincy he will NEVER be surrounded by the quality talent and front office support that he will need to win a Super Bowl and he wants out. You know what I dont blame him.
I'll take Carson over Chad Henne & Chad Pennington in Miami.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Carson Palmer IS a good football player. But IMO hes tired of playing around in the Romper Room that is the bungals. I think Carson looks at 2 teams in his own division that he plays twice a year and notices that the players on those teams have ownership that is committed to do whatever it takes to put a winner on the field year in and year out. Carson doesnt see that where he is. Carson sees an owner and his daughter who could care less if the team does any good or not as long as their making money. He sees them respond to a divisional championship season by signing a player who has divided every locker room hes ever been in for his own twisted ammusement. Carson now sees that as long as hes in Cincy he will NEVER be surrounded by the quality talent and front office support that he will need to win a Super Bowl and he wants out. You know what I dont blame him.

Excellent Post! Spot on!:Thumbs:
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Carson Palmer IS a good football player. But IMO hes tired of playing around in the Romper Room that is the bungals. I think Carson looks at 2 teams in his own division that he plays twice a year and notices that the players on those teams have ownership that is committed to do whatever it takes to put a winner on the field year in and year out. Carson doesnt see that where he is. Carson sees an owner and his daughter who could care less if the team does any good or not as long as their making money. He sees them respond to a divisional championship season by signing a player who has divided every locker room hes ever been in for his own twisted ammusement. Carson now sees that as long as hes in Cincy he will NEVER be surrounded by the quality talent and front office support that he will need to win a Super Bowl and he wants out. You know what I dont blame him.
That sub-par talent was good enough to win the division the year before. This year what was the problem. Some injuries, yes. The drive to win or lack thereof, prolly. How about Carson playing mediocre all year, could be.
Amun-Ra Wrote:That sub-par talent was good enough to win the division the year before. This year what was the problem. Some injuries, yes. The drive to win or lack thereof, prolly. How about Carson playing mediocre all year, could be.

I can buy that. But more than anything else, it was an offensive line that could not run block and a defense that did not play anything like last year.
Amun-Ra Wrote:That sub-par talent was good enough to win the division the year before. This year what was the problem. Some injuries, yes. The drive to win or lack thereof, prolly. How about Carson playing mediocre all year, could be.
Yes they won the division in '09...For the 2nd time in 20 YEARS! What did they do in the playoffs? Yes they do have some talent in Cincy but theyre only there because they were so high maintenence that other teams didnt want them. Mike Brown only signed them because he could get them so cheap. You need guys who are good "Locker Room" guys to build a consistent winner. Not people who could care less if the team wins or loses as long as they are getting THEIR stats. You dont build winners that way. Let me ask you a serious ? How does it make you feel to know that Art Rooneys dead corpse could run the bungles better than Mike Brown and his daughter can? LOL!!!
I never said Mike Brown was a good owner. I agree with some of what you said earlier but I was just pointing out that they was divison champs the year before. If Carson wants out, he wants out but don't demand to be traded or retire like he is God's gift. I can think of three games had he played better Coincy would have won.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yes they won the division in '09...For the 2nd time in 20 YEARS! What did they do in the playoffs? Yes they do have some talent in Cincy but theyre only there because they were so high maintenence that other teams didnt want them. Mike Brown only signed them because he could get them so cheap. You need guys who are good "Locker Room" guys to build a consistent winner. Not people who could care less if the team wins or loses as long as they are getting THEIR stats. You dont build winners that way. Let me ask you a serious ? How does it make you feel to know that Art Rooneys dead corpse could run the bungles better than Mike Brown and his daughter can? LOL!!!

Umm, dude, who's cheap? You got it all wrong, Brown is a cheapskate, but he sure is not cheap in player salary! This is the same guy who franchised a KICKER! He gave TO more money than anyone else was willing to give him.Carson Palmer has a $118M contract - Bet not too many people knew that! They brought in Lavernious Coles and made him the 5th highest paid receiver in the league. Yes, they have a very low payroll, but that's because the guys 40-55 make the league minimum!
Imagine Carson making it back to the west coast with Jim Harbough at San Fransico..
This coming from a big Bengals fan....
Carson Palmer is over-rated and I hope they decide to trade him elsewhere. Sometimes a fresh start is good for everyone.
^ I don't necessarily disagree, but I also don't like the idea of starting all over again. It's not like you are going to bring someone of at least equal caliber here. Anyone who thinks a better than aver Free-Agent will come here at QB is nuts. And who would you trade for????
Stardust Wrote:^ I don't necessarily disagree, but I also don't like the idea of starting all over again. It's not like you are going to bring someone of at least equal caliber here. Anyone who thinks a better than aver Free-Agent will come here at QB is nuts. And who would you trade for????
I know he isn't proven but I really think Kolb will be a good NFL QB given the right oppertunity. I think he would have put up the same if not better numbers as Carson did this year with the Bengals.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I know he isn't proven but I really think Kolb will be a good NFL QB given the right oppertunity. I think he would have put up the same if not better numbers as Carson did this year with the Bengals.

I'd take Kolb, but there is no way that the Eagles let him go. Vick a Show QB, but not a winner when it counts. He proved it in all his years in Atlanta, and this season was a perfect example again. He chokes out in the playoffs!
The Eagles have to keep Kolb. I'm not a Vick fan, but i'll give credit where it is due. The dude can play. However with his style of play he's probably more prone to injury and the Eagles would be nuts to let go of Kolb. It would be nice if the Bengals could find a solid FA and let him be the QB of the present, and try to draft a QB for the future.
Kolb has stated he wants to be a starter and if he isn't going to be one in Philly, which is what he wants, then it will be somewhere else. And let's face it, the Eagles are going to stay with Vick as their starter.
^ I just don't see Kolb leaving. He was their franchise last year until he was injured. I just don't see any way they do not entice him to stay!
Stardust Wrote:^ I just don't see Kolb leaving. He was their franchise last year until he was injured. I just don't see any way they do not entice him to stay!
If he isn't the starter then he wants out. He has said that publicly. Only way they entice him is make him their number 1 over Vick and that aint gonna happen.
Amun-Ra Wrote:If he isn't the starter then he wants out. He has said that publicly. Only way they entice him is make him their number 1 over Vick and that aint gonna happen.

Like last year?
Stardust Wrote:Like last year?
Was before Vick became MVP candidate and Pro Bowl starter. So yea, Kolb is not going to start over Vick.