Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Aurburn vs. #2 Oregon - UPDATE
Well see I am torn. I want the SEC to win but in no way do I want to see that cheater win a championship.
ANd thats why he is the best player in the nation!
Amun-Ra Wrote:Well see I am torn. I want the SEC to win but in no way do I want to see that cheater win a championship.

He cheated? Well.... Smile
Poop!
Holdem DEFENSE!
Musberger is saying that Newton can def play in the NFL at QB and should be a first rounder. I just dont see that. He wont be able to scramble as much in the NFL and his accuacy is worse than what Vick's was. He might go in the first round because Vince Young did but I dont see him having a good career for a while.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Well see I am torn. I want the SEC to win but in no way do I want to see that cheater win a championship.

After watching the 30 for 30, I don't think there is a star athlete who is exempt from cheating. But to me, it's not the players, it's the boosters of these schools. If not for them, then there would be no money. If no money, then there would be no cheating. Then you have the schools and coaches turning their blind eye.

It's just like the professional athlete asking for $30M per year. No one deserves that kind of money, but if someone is willing to pay it, the players may as well take it. If college sports has a mechanism to reward athletes, why shouldn't the athletes take it. There is no school exempt of this, it's happened to them all.

Now is everyone punished the same for it, well, that's a different subject altogether.
Stardust Wrote:After watching the 30 for 30, I don't think there is a star athlete who is exempt from cheating. But to me, it's not the players, it's the boosters of these schools. If not for them, then there would be no money. If no money, then there would be no cheating. Then you have the schools and coaches turning their blind eye.

It's just like the professional athlete asking for $30M per year. No one deserves that kind of money, but if someone is willing to pay it, the players may as well take it. If college sports has a mechanism to reward athletes, why shouldn't the athletes take it. There is no school exempt of this, it's happened to them all.

Now is everyone punished the same for it, well, that's a different subject altogether.
I know this. But you can't tell me that he and Auburn both knew nothing of Cam's dad shopping him around. The NCAA has made me hate Cam Newton.
Amun-Ra, did this game live up to the hype?
Amun-Ra Wrote:I know this. But you can't tell me that he and Auburn both knew nothing of Cam's dad shopping him around. The NCAA has made me hate Cam Newton.

I contend that Auburn paid him! I said this when all this came out. He took the best offer.
This Defense is amazing
Well not to most people. I figured it would be low scoring. Oregon's defense is good enough to keep Auburn from going wild, while Cam Newton can control the offense long enough to keep Oregon form getting their pace going. Add that up and, well you get this 19-11 score.

But remember, Auburn got one handed to them by the refs earlier. Looks like that may have been a game changer doesn't it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This Defense is amazing
Yea and UK put 34 up on em'. Think about that.
I bet that play just broke HOSS's heart Sad
If Auburn wins, the SEC gets more money. That means UK gets more money. Maybe enough for us to go buy a really good QB like Cam Newton:biggrin:
Oh come on! They force and recover a fumble then you penalize them? BS!
Well, there is the big play that Oregon had to have!
Yep... Let's see what they can do with this oppertunity.
Auburn has to score outside of the Red Zone, I don't think they have the offense to score the closer they get to the endzone
Wow, that should have been an INT and the game
Is Fairly a Senior?
I can actually see Fairly's draft stock rise up off the field.
Maybe he does not go until the fifth pick in the draft - PLEASE!!!!
Nice screen by the ref
Cincy has the 4th....
Oh and thanks ref for that gift to Oregon.
Does that ref jacking that Auburn player up even the score?
I'm not sure the Ducks can score here
Fairly is slated as the nuber 2 pick. AJ Green (WR) is the number 4th.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Cincy has the 4th....
Oh and thanks ref for that gift to Oregon.

OK, so I hope is still available come the fourth pick:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:I'm not sure the Ducks can score here
Game over if they don't.