Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JV and Freshman Games, Do they help???
Yes the help, Its always good to have games for the kids that do not get to play varsity.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I thought they was a 6a school? What kind of middle school program do they have?

Scott is a 5a school there is 4 middle schools in kenton county i think but if you live in District you can go to Scott Sk or Dixie and the majority of them go to Sk or Dixie and last year there was a small sophmore class so that was a big reason why
I don't know for sure but I think NewCath did not play a JV game this past year do to the lack of number.
oldbird Wrote:I don't know for sure but I think NewCath did not play a JV game this past year do to the lack of number.
many of the smaller northern kentucky teams play a combined freshman/sophmore games since they can't field a freshman team/jv team because of numbers. Scott being a 5A team did this as well
Matt12344 Wrote:Scott is a 5a school there is 4 middle schools in kenton county i think but if you live in District you can go to Scott Sk or Dixie and the majority of them go to Sk or Dixie and last year there was a small sophmore class so that was a big reason why
Scott's main feeder is Woodland middle school. Open enrollment in Kenton county does not hurt Scott football like some will lead you believe. The lack of winning football games does.
nky Wrote:Scott's main feeder is Woodland middle school. Open enrollment in Kenton county does not hurt Scott football like some will lead you believe. The lack of winning football games does.

Lack of playing time is a big reason also
Matt12344 Wrote:Lack of playing time is a big reason also
to a point but in their current district Scott has only beat one of their district opponents. Scott has never beaten Highlands or CovCath and has beaten Dixie ONCE in 30 years. With an 18.8% winning record in the 1990's and 20.2% in the 2000's Scott needs to win games to get students out playing football and build some excitement in Taylor Mill.
Has anyone tried putting together a freshman conference?
bigscout11 Wrote:Has anyone tried putting together a freshman conference?

Nky has one but i dont know how it is set up i just know that they have one
I personaly think these games make a huge difference.It helps younger players out a lot.