Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JV and Freshman Games, Do they help???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering how many of the teams still alive in the playoffs have a good JV and Freshman program! Some teams don't even use the days that they could to make their younger kids that don't play a lot on the varsity better by playing these games. I myself think this is a major thing that the schools that are successful use to their advantage. The schools that don't play these games are killing their youth and putting them at a big disadvantage. :devilflam
Dont see how it could hurt. So it def helps imo
It is imperative to have strong frosh JV programs. There are only so many plays in a varsity game. Kids that are non-starters need GAME reps to improve. You'll never be champs if you don't breed the culture!
Having these kids play and learn can only help them.
I agree. If there was no JV/freshamn teams playing games then they would never get experience until they are ready to go to varsity. Then its like getting thrown to the wolves for alot of the kids.
Yes they help
Game experience is the key. Most of the Freshman and JV get beat on all week, so it is good for them to have their day.
A school without Freshman or JV games, probably have small Freshman and Sophmore classes.
we do need those games thats what helps develop are young men into finely tuned athletes
I agree these games help those boys a lot.
They help out big time. I think if you look at the real good schools in the state you will see thier lower levels are pretty good as well.
Anytime a kid plays in a game it helps. Every game situation you see, everytime you gete hit, everytime you read a defense it helps. Nothing beats game experience.
The games really help, especially the programs that have a lot of players. Boyle Co. had 104 players this year, 34 freshmen. Without the freshmen and JV schedule, many kids would never have seen the field in game situations this year.
Not only does it help make them better players, but it also keeps them interested. I imagine if you are thumped on all week by the varsity squad, and just stand there on the sidelines every Friday, it could get very discouraging.
You can't get any better standing on the sidelines watching , unless you're an exceptional fresh., or soph., on a real program you're probably going to watch and be a tackling dummy through the week , these young men must have a game of their own to participate in, ( Even, grown men, don't , work all week and not get paid !!!!! ) ....
J.V. and freshman games are extremely important, but the big problem in most schools are the numbers it's extremely difficult to play jv and freshman games without numbers.
yes
AS a freshman i believe the more time we get to get a hold of the new atmosphere the better we are as a team. besides this will be the team u play with for the next 4 years of our life.
I can't believe this is even a question. Of course it helps.
Agree with the majority.
HeHateMe Wrote:It is imperative to have strong frosh JV programs. There are only so many plays in a varsity game. Kids that are non-starters need GAME reps to improve. You'll never be champs if you don't breed the culture!

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
tradition Wrote:I can't believe this is even a question. Of course it helps.

Agreed. I was not even going to reply to the thread, it's just made zero sense.
I think they help a lot.
No dought about it. It's got to help.
I most certianly does. It gives the younger players a chance to learn the offense/Defense better and helps them gain more experience.
of course. big difference from middle school ball to high school ball
In high school football terminology, when it comes to preparation for stepping up on friday nights, yes....can't explain it any better.
Yes,the young boys that play for high school needs to play on Monday and Thursd
ay
nights. That will help the coaches and the players with thier relationship in furture
years.
Is there any teams that doesn't have a jv team?
Scott did'nt last year but that was because of low numbers they might have one next year but idk
I thought they was a 6a school? What kind of middle school program do they have?
Pages: 1 2