Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central 68 - June Buchanan 44
Benchwarmer Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman]

Sounds like JBS a few years ago with players staying in a game until the end.. No wait JBS would keep their starters in until the end.

Don't compare KCC to JBS a few years ago. It's sort of uncomparable. JBS = two WYMT CHAMPS + one 14th REGION TITLE
KCC = absolutely nothing, but tearing apart a basketball dynasty.
Confusedhh:
pickandroll Wrote:[quote=Benchwarmer]

Don't compare KCC to JBS a few years ago. It's sort of uncomparable. JBS = two WYMT CHAMPS + one 14th REGION TITLE
Confusedhh:

This is also a good point.

Confusedhh:

he wasn't talking about wins, just the same principle of playing, of which JBS was more guilty for. JBS then wasn't halfway as deep as KCC is this year, KCC has a lot for to go for besides their starters. Forgive them for having a good team.

My goodness, why are u complaining abt Knott leaving good players in, they aren't regular starters, they just have a REALLY deep bench. Leave it alone. They won, JBS lost. It's over.

This rivalry is more off the court and in the stands than it is on. That's pitiful.
PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=pickandroll]

he wasn't talking about wins, just the same principle of playing, of which JBS was more guilty for. JBS then wasn't halfway as deep as KCC is this year, KCC has a lot for to go for besides their starters. Forgive them for having a good team.

My goodness, why are u complaining abt Knott leaving good players in, they aren't regular starters, they just have a REALLY deep bench. Leave it alone. They won, JBS lost. It's over.
This rivalry is more off the court and in the stands than it is on. That's pitiful.

To the first bolded, I tried to tell you to move on after KCC lost to Perry, but you insisted on continuing to make up excuses and saying wait til next time.
To the second bolded part, a lot of rivarlys are like that.
Aslan Wrote:[quote=PATS2011][/B]

To the first bolded, I tried to tell you to move on after KCC lost to Perry, but you insisted on continuing to make up excuses and saying wait til next time.
To the second bolded part, a lot of rivarlys are like that.

I knew you would say this lol. But unlike that game, this was a blow out. To complain about it is ridiculous.

And this thread has nothing to do with PCC. lol Saw you complaining about refs in a post too btw, so you can't say a word. Something about Valley getting done dirty in Knott Co. and Perry vs. Breathitt.
PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=Aslan]

I knew you would say this lol. But unlike that game, this was a blow out. To complain about it is ridiculous.

And this thread has nothing to do with PCC. lol Saw you complaining about refs in a post too btw, so you can't say a word. Something about Valley getting done dirty in Knott Co. and Perry vs. Breathitt.

I had no dog in that fight, just was making an observation. If Perry loses, they lose, excuses won't change that.
And to the bolded, thats pretty funny. :Clap:
Aslan Wrote:[quote=PATS2011]

I had no dog in that fight, just was making an observation. If Perry loses, they lose, excuses won't change that.
And to the bolded, thats pretty funny. :Clap:

haha lol ,when I was typing it, i was saying in my head "I bet Aslan responds to this" lol

Actually nowadays I say that about 90% of my posts lol
^It's all in good fun.

KCC is very deep, and do you know why they are? Mainly because the help of three former JBS players. They have such a good team mainly because of recruiting :Thumbs:

Again, their REALLY deep bench, is thanks to former JBS players.

I also agree with your rivalry point. It's mainly that way because of people like you who have never even played a game of basketball in their life, except a few pick up games at the Sportsplex, and talk more smack then the players do.
triplemaniaman Wrote:[quote=PATS2011]

KCC is very deep, and do you know why they are? Mainly because the help of three former JBS players. They have such a good team mainly because of recruiting :Thumbs:

I also agree with your rivalry point. It's mainly that way because of people like you who have never even played a game of basketball in their life, except a few pick up games at the Sportsplex, and talk more smack then the players do.

As JBS people would say on here when Knott County Students went to JBS "There all Knott County Kids and can pick which school to attend."

LOL you must be a newbie to the ole' JBS faithful if you think they left because of recruiting, what a joke. Apparently they forgot to mention why half the school left and it's barely surviving (almost closed last year). Oh well I will let you find out on your own. Such a dirty stain left there....

And if anyone recruited kids it was JBS this year, half their 8th grade or freshman came from Knott Co. schools, this was even TALKED ABOUT on the radio. But LOL, Knott has more where they come from, and I doubt the school will be there long enough for them to go 4 years.

LOL never played a game in their life? You might not have, but I've played basketball since I was 6 or 7 into part of high school, so you don't have to tell me about playing basketball.

And amen to the Benchwarmer post. ^

-Yeah a former JBS guard who was overshadowed by "another"
-2 former guards who saw minimal amounts of Playing time.
-A former forward who saw little to no playing time and wasn't being utilized at all.
-2 former forwards who weren't being worked with much until coming to Knott Co. that will be great contributors next year.

Sounds like JBS made them into what they are today doesn't it? :please:

BTW that's only 6 players, I believe they are deeper than that LOL
kcc should be known as the skank club lol..
i agree 100% lol
Benchwarmer Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman]

As JBS people would say on here when Knott County Students went to JBS "There all Knott County Kids and can pick which school to attend."

As one of the famous sports casters around here would say, who cares about JBS anyway, right?

PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman]

LOL you must be a newbie to the ole' JBS faithful if you think they left because of recruiting, what a joke. Apparently they forgot to mention why half the school left and it's barely surviving (almost closed last year). Oh well I will let you find out on your own. Such a dirty stain left there....

And if anyone recruited kids it was JBS this year, half their 8th grade or freshman came from Knott Co. schools, this was even TALKED ABOUT on the radio. But LOL, Knott has more where they come from, and I doubt the school will be there long enough for them to go 4 years.

LOL never played a game in their life? You might not have, but I've played basketball since I was 6 or 7 into part of high school, so you don't have to tell me about playing basketball.

Do you know why half the school left? Mainly once one particular student left, most of the student body found it to be the "cool thing to do" and head over to Knott County with him and be a "follower". And BTW, JBS is surviving just fine right now and it will be for many years to come. I know a lot of you people would love to see it close, but it's just not going to happen :Thumbs:

Well you must have been a darn good player then, you seem to have a lot of experience. From what I read on your posts, you don't seem to know to much about the game.

-A former forward who saw little to no playing time and wasn't being utilized at all.
-2 former forwards who weren't being worked with much until coming to Knott Co. that will be great contributors next year.

-That former JBS guard is still being overshadowed by another. What's his numbers look like this year? Anything compared to his counterpart? Or how about his stats when he was a freshman at JBS?
-The 2 former guards saw minimal playing time mainly because of Cox, Stepp, and Stepp. They were also in grade school and no were near ready to step in and contribute on the high school level. This goes back to my point that you know nothing about the game and how it works.
-That former forward also had guys like Garrison Collins, Brent Hall, and Trey Short ahead of him. Why would the coaches play a kid who had no experience, and still doesn't, over guys like that? I know his dad thinks he's going to play for Duke or North Carolina, but come on. Do you not understand son?
-Two kids again who had ZERO experience at all, and didn't even see a lot of PT on the grade school level. Come on.

JBS actually made one of those six into a pretty darn good player, but since he transfered he hasn't amounted to a lot.

Please do your homework man, you know NOTHING.

Also, who did we recruit? Those kids all came over because they wanted to. They all knew going to Knott County and sitting on the bench would do them no good, who wouldn't want to go to a place where they could have the opportunity to play. If you didn't notice, all five of JBS's starters have been at the school since 7th grade. Look at Knott's, two of them came from JBS.

Also, who did we recruit? Those kids all came over because they wanted to. They all knew going to Knott County and sitting on the bench would do them no good, who wouldn't want to go to a place where they could have the opportunity to play. If you didn't notice, all five of JBS's starters have been at the school since 7th grade. Look at Knott's, two of them came from JBS.

First of all, I think it's funny that people are STILL complaining about this stuff.
Secondly, all those kids went to JBS because they knew they'd get playing time. I mean if they went to Knott there are more talented players so they wouldn't have as much playing time. For example, during this game they had to put an 8th grader in to score. If JBS is so talented as some say why couldn't the more experienced players score?
king360 Wrote:So how about that kcc JBS game? Sure was a good one.

I'm going to go ahead and say that this post right here is the only one that made even a tiny bit of sense(That is, only if sarcasm was intended)..

Who is the other?
You guys are still talking bout this? lol
triplemaniaman Wrote:[quote=Benchwarmer]

As one of the famous sports casters around here would say, who cares about JBS anyway, right?

[quote=PATS2011]

Do you know why half the school left? Mainly once one particular student left, most of the student body found it to be the "cool thing to do" and head over to Knott County with him and be a "follower". And BTW, JBS is surviving just fine right now and it will be for many years to come. I know a lot of you people would love to see it close, but it's just not going to happen :Thumbs:

Well you must have been a darn good player then, you seem to have a lot of experience. From what I read on your posts, you don't seem to know to much about the game.

[quote=PATS2011]

-That former JBS guard is still being overshadowed by another. What's his numbers look like this year? Anything compared to his counterpart? Or how about his stats when he was a freshman at JBS?
-The 2 former guards saw minimal playing time mainly because of Cox, Stepp, and Stepp. They were also in grade school and no were near ready to step in and contribute on the high school level. This goes back to my point that you know nothing about the game and how it works.
-That former forward also had guys like Garrison Collins, Brent Hall, and Trey Short ahead of him. Why would the coaches play a kid who had no experience, and still doesn't, over guys like that? I know his dad thinks he's going to play for Duke or North Carolina, but come on. Do you not understand son?
-Two kids again who had ZERO experience at all, and didn't even see a lot of PT on the grade school level. Come on.

JBS actually made one of those six into a pretty darn good player, but since he transfered he hasn't amounted to a lot.

Please do your homework man, you know NOTHING.

First of all Tate and Stuart are one of the best guard combos in the STATE. They trade nights scoring wise. So there goes that argument.

Second of all, Davis is better than C. Stepp, face it.

ANd btw, if you think that's why some people left you have seriously been misinformed, or either have been told to say this to protect the little bit of rep they have left. Why don't you ask the headmaster? oh wait he isn't there anymore. Wonder why? Others new there were more opportunities at KCC educationally.
aslan Wrote:you guys are still talking bout this? Lol

i know!
PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Benchwarmer]

[quote=PATS2011]

First of all Tate and Stuart are one of the best guard combos in the STATE. They trade nights scoring wise. So there goes that argument.

Second of all, Davis is better than C. Stepp, face it.

I agree.
bball_manager Wrote:kcc should be known as the skank club lol..

haha this is pathetic.
Davis is better than Stepp without a doubt. Next year, Knott Co will be his team.
bball_manager Wrote:kcc should be known as the skank club lol..

This is an Intelligent statement.

Confusedhh:

Well you just said KCC has a basketball dynasty, so I don't have to compare them to see the superior.
I think Letcher could knock off Knott first round of district. TongueirateSho I would love to watch it happen too.

Well you just said KCC has a basketball dynasty, so I don't have to compare them to see the superior.

IF anyone in this region has a dynasty, it's Hazard. They have dominated this region the last 5 years.
Aslan Wrote:[quote=PATS2011]

IF anyone in this region has a dynasty, it's Hazard. They have dominated this region the last 5 years.

Oh I definitely agree with you, I was just pointing out what he said haha.