Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice breaks State Steals Record
Congrats Elisha.

How decorated Elisha's resume has got to be!!!

Now lets see him win Mr Basketball!!
ilovebasketball1 Wrote:i was looking at the records on khsaa.com and elisha is not even mentioned in the all time steals list and it was updated in nov
i would like to see official numbers

Steals - Career (Min.300)
# Player (School) Year
499 William Shearer (Wayne County) 1992-95
473 Patrick Harris (Ky. School f/t Deaf) 1992-96
413 Michael Jones (Harlan) 1989-94
409 Patrick Sparks (Muhlenberg North) 1998-01
390 Brandon Stockton (Glasgow) 1999-02
386 Charles Thomas (Harlan) 1990-95
383 LeMar Northington (Trigg County) 1995-99
357 Brian Miles (Bullitt East) 1994-97
352 David McFarland (Boone County) 2001-05
346 Lenny Bays (Bellevue) 1995-98
340 Bryan Turnage (Henry Clay) 2001-05
309 Kyle Jones (Harlan) 1994-99
mama cat Wrote:Congratulations Elisha! I am soooo proud of you and you should be so proud of yourself!!!!! You have worked so hard and deserve recognition for all that you have accomplished!
Keep shining for the One Who gave you your talent! The world is watching you! You are truly amazing and I will always be one of your #1 fans!!!!!!!!
Great post MamaCat, and we all know how great a young man he is, and the future is so bright.
Nice job EJ :worthy:
ilovebasketball1 Wrote:i was looking at the records on khsaa.com and elisha is not even mentioned in the all time steals list and it was updated in nov
i would like to see official numbers
The reason Elisha's career steals was not listed is because he is still playing, the list included past players career steals, now that it is broken maybe he is listed, I haven't checked yet.
Super-Card Wrote:He also broke the state record for "Most Threads About A Single Player On Bluegrassrivals". Congrads on both records.
And don't you agree this young mountain boy should get all of the support from our EKY people on this site for his Mr. Basketball candidacy?
There is nothin like seeing a hometown kid do good, congrats Elisha and good luck the rest of the year and in College.
Congrats to EJ!! Louisville is lucky to be snagging him as a walk on, he deserves a scholarship!
dortonite Wrote:And don't you agree this young mountain boy should get all of the support from our EKY people on this site for his Mr. Basketball candidacy?

VERY TRUE! I try to get home and watch as many games as I can. I am going to go to every game down here in Rupp and cheer my butt off for those mountain boys!! Elisha makes me even more proud due to the way he conducts himself. I love his leadership and poise.
looserville Wrote:Steals - Career (Min.300)
# Player (School) Year
499 William Shearer (Wayne County) 1992-95
473 Patrick Harris (Ky. School f/t Deaf) 1992-96
413 Michael Jones (Harlan) 1989-94
409 Patrick Sparks (Muhlenberg North) 1998-01
390 Brandon Stockton (Glasgow) 1999-02
386 Charles Thomas (Harlan) 1990-95
383 LeMar Northington (Trigg County) 1995-99
357 Brian Miles (Bullitt East) 1994-97
352 David McFarland (Boone County) 2001-05
346 Lenny Bays (Bellevue) 1995-98
340 Bryan Turnage (Henry Clay) 2001-05
309 Kyle Jones (Harlan) 1994-99
It is reported in both the Courier Journal and the Herald Leader sports sites that Elisha Justice has broken the Career Record for Steals with 501. As was reported before, the last update on the KHSAA site was in November. It will take a while for the stats to get updated, meanwhile congrats are due to Elisha Justice, agreed?
What is the single season steals record? I would love to see both of them go to him.
I played against the top three there and also Mike Jones of Harlan. I can account for about 10 of those steals on William Shear's all time numbers. William was an awsome guy and a tremdous basketball player. He started starting as an 8th grader I believe and he would jump center at 5'8 just so when the other guy tip it back court he could start applying pressure. Congrats Elisha I'm glad to see someone with the same kind of work ethic and attitude surpass the record. RIP William Shearer
CowboyUp11 Wrote:I played against the top three there and also Mike Jones of Harlan. I can account for about 10 of those steals on William Shear's all time numbers. William was an awsome guy and a tremdous basketball player. He started starting as an 8th grader I believe and he would jump center at 5'8 just so when the other guy tip it back court he could start applying pressure. Congrats Elisha I'm glad to see someone with the same kind of work ethic and attitude surpass the record. RIP William Shearer
Very nice post, I heard on WDHR SportsTalk tonight Elisha now has 508 steals and is still counting, he should be near 540 when his career is over.
^ Does anyone have nation records? Not saying Elisha is anywhere close but I would think that it is interesting to compare. Thanks! Great research!