Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Tebow's draft stock plummeting
^ hunh? Redneck, I agree with most all that you post, but no way to I buy that Jared or Andre were better QB's. That is an unfair slam to Tebow. You can dislike him, but there is no question that Tebow accomplished more than both of them dreamt about.
Stardust Wrote:^ hunh? Redneck, I agree with most all that you post, but no way to I buy that Jared or Andre were better QB's. That is an unfair slam to Tebow. You can dislike him, but there is no question that Tebow accomplished more than both of them dreamt about.

Tebow did accomplish more, but look where he played, look at the players he had around him. Most of Tebow's passing yards came from talented WR's gettin tons of yards after the catch. Lorenzen and Woodson BOTH were much better passers. Tebow might have been more athletic, but in no way was he a better passing QB than either one of them. I like Tebow, he's a great role model for kids and did alot for college football, I just don't see him as an NFL QB. As big, strong, and fast as he is, he could be a good TE in the NFL. Look at Matt Jones from Arkansas, QB in college who ran a 4.3, plays WR in the NFL.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:Tebow did accomplish more, but look where he played, look at the players he had around him. Most of Tebow's passing yards came from talented WR's gettin tons of yards after the catch. Lorenzen and Woodson BOTH were much better passers. Tebow might have been more athletic, but in no way was he a better passing QB than either one of them. I like Tebow, he's a great role model for kids and did alot for college football, I just don't see him as an NFL QB. As big, strong, and fast as he is, he could be a good TE in the NFL. Look at Matt Jones from Arkansas, QB in college who ran a 4.3, plays WR in the NFL.

I'm not making any comparisons about NFL. I agree, he is not an NFL QB, nor was/are Jared or Andre. As for College, Tebow has made the passes. I understand your point about the athletes, but all his passes were no five yard outs that turned into 80 yard runs. I'm sure the starts are out there, and I would say that Tebow's downfield heaves match up with anyone in the college game.
Of all the the things I have read on this site, saying that Woodson and Lorenzen were better QB's than Tim Tebow is by far the most unbeleivable.

I mean hearing Lou Holtz say that Notre Dame is gonna win the NC is more believable...lol
Amun-Ra Wrote:Of all the the things I have read on this site, saying that Woodson and Lorenzen were better QB's than Tim Tebow is by far the most unbeleivable.

I mean hearing Lou Holtz say that Notre Dame is gonna win the NC is more believable...lol

Holtz says this and ND doesn't even make a bowl game. I always crack up when ol Lou talks.
Stardust Wrote:I'm not making any comparisons about NFL. I agree, he is not an NFL QB, nor was/are Jared or Andre. As for College, Tebow has made the passes. I understand your point about the athletes, but all his passes were no five yard outs that turned into 80 yard runs. I'm sure the starts are out there, and I would say that Tebow's downfield heaves match up with anyone in the college game.

There is no doubt Tebow has the NFL arm strength. The accuracy isn't as good but there were many balls in college that had it went anywhere other than where he put it, it wouldn't have been caught. The only thing is his throwing and taking snaps. If he can get together with a good enough Head and Quarterback coach, Tebow could be an NFL starter. If Vince Young can make the Pro Bowl, Tebow can be a starter.
Tebow was effective in college bowling over people. He was an AVERAGE THROWING college quarterback whose TEAM had superior talent than almost everybody (our recievers are better than your DB's, etc). Yes, Tebow is a role model, a class act, yatty yaddy yadda, but put him in the NFL, under center, as a quarterback, and he will be one of the BOTTOM three quarterbacks in the league. Yeah, go ahead and throw the "yeah but he's got so much heart, he's such a good person" lines at me. But facts are facts. In the NFL, everybody is good. All those defensive backs will lick their chops when he drops back, and he wont bowl over those big defensive linemen and linebackers like he did in college.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ePbkodDAQ"]YouTube- Tim Tebow and Mom Defend Anti-Abortion Ad[/ame]

What a wonderful life story! Tim Tebow is a fantastic role model for our youth.

Godspeed, Tim. :rockon:
Amun-Ra Wrote:Of all the the things I have read on this site, saying that Woodson and Lorenzen were better QB's than Tim Tebow is by far the most unbeleivable.

Woodson:

(2004, Back-Up to Shane Boyd) 7 games 54-88 492 Yards 2 TD 1 INT 61.4%

(2005) 11 games 146-253 1,644 yards 6 TD 6 INT 57.7%

(2006) 13 games 264-419 3,515 yards 31 TD 7 INT 63.0%

(2007) 13 games 327-518 3,709 yards 40 TD 11 INT 63.1%

(Career) 44 games 791-1,278 9,360 yards 79 TD 25 INT 63.1%

Tebow:

(2006, Back-Up to Chris Leak) 14 games 22-31 358 yards 5 TD 1 INT 66.7%

(2007) 13 games 234-350 3,286 yards 32 TD 6 INT 66.9%

(2008) 14 games 192-298 2,746 yards 30 TD 4 INT 64.4%

(2009) 14 games 213-314 2,895 yards 21 TD 5 INT 67.8%

(Career) 55 games 661-993 9,285 yards 88 TD 16 INT 66.45%

It would only show one year of Lorenzen's stats on UK Athletics.

Tebow was Florida's leading rusher his Sophomore, Junior, and Senior years, second on the team in rushing his Freshman year. How many times did we see Tebow fake the QB draw, then throw down field an open WR because the DB's came crashin in to stop the run. His Sophomore and Junior years, his leading WR Percy Harvin was second on the team in rushing, and 99.9% of those running plays were the reverse, which they used for play action quite often, leaving other WR's wide open down the field, which was the case in most of Tebow's deep throws, wide open recievers.

[SIZE=1]

[/SIZE]
As for Lorenzen:
(Career 2000-2003) 862-1,514 10,354 yards 78 TD 41 INT 56.9%

In Lorenzen's career, UK only had 2,832 yards rushing, in 4 years, that's pretty bad. Show's how much pressure was on Lorenzen, especially his Senior year when Arliss Beach was the leading rushed with only 366 yards.
Redneck Wrote:Accordin to the "expert" Todd McShey, Tebow is the 3rd best QB in the draft. He also thinks that Tebow will be a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder. IMO, i think he will be a late pick. Jared Lorenzen and Andre Woodson were much better QB's than Tebow was in college and much more suited for an NFL offense. Look where those two are now.

Lorensen did make it to the NFL. He was also on two super bowl championship teams. I would take it. But i do not think he is the same caliber athlete as Tebow. He had an arm but that was it. He couldn't get in good enough shape to get much playing time.
Joe Friday Wrote:

Now, I DO love this..of course, the human right pantywaists will probably whine and cry about this, but I love this idea..Kudos to Tebow!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Potential....Tim Tebow is not the refined passing product coming into college that some "instant success" QB's have been. See Ben Rothlesberger. However neither are Mark Sanchez, Mathew Stafford or Jamarcus Russell. However, when you consider the current love affair with the duel threat QB and the Wildcat offense, there is definitely a niche for someone like a Tebow under center in the NFL. It would be advantageous for Tebow and his career for a team with an older established guy to take him (Colts, Patriots??) who aren't going to expect him to be THE guy for another 3 or 4 years. They could work him in now in a Wildcat package and give him time enough to develop his footwork and arm motion. Tebow should be a early 2nd late 3rd round pick, and could have a very successful career at QB in the right situation!
Matman Wrote:Lorensen did make it to the NFL. He was also on two super bowl championship teams. I would take it. But i do not think he is the same caliber athlete as Tebow. He had an arm but that was it. He couldn't get in good enough shape to get much playing time.

I never said they were better athletes than Tebow, I said they were better passers.
Joe Friday Wrote:

They think they can stop Tebow?:lmao:

I do support the message Tim Tebow and his mother are trying to give to the nation.

About Tim Tebow's NFL career, I like what Deion Sanders said - at least I think it was Deion Sanders. He said to stop focusing on what things Tebow needs to improve on and start looking at the things Tebow excels at. Obviously, he has great arm strength and intangibles, which will really help his career. Deion Sanders also mentioned that he found a way to win at high school and college and he WILL win in the NFL.

By the way, did you guys know that for a while in high school, Tim Tebow was a tight end and linebacker? He wanted to be a quarterback, but since his high school didn't rely on passing, they refused to change him. Finally, he changed schools and became a quarterback... and, of course, he won the Heisman trophy and two national championships.
Woodson(Career) 44 games 791-1,278 9,360 yards 79 TD 25 INT 63.1%

Lorenzson (Career 2000-2003) 862-1,514 10,354 yards 78 TD 41 INT 56.9%

Tebow(Career) 55 games 661-993 9,285 yards 88 TD 16 INT 66.45%

What's your point here? Tebow had the better stats. He was consistantly around 65% completion every year. He had less interceptions and more touch downs. Thats just throwing the ball. These stats dont even list his rushing numbers which were way more than Woodson's. As for Lorenzson, he threw the ball 600 more times than Tim and had only 200 more completions with less TD's and considerably more int's.
That's just stats. He also won tons more games, won a Heisman, and two National titles.

Woodson nor Lorenzson were better than Tebow.
Lorenzen Ill put it this way you put Lorenzen on a team with a decent Line and a good running game he puts you in a BCS game. He made plays and yes I will say him and Woodson were better pure passers than Tebow.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Lorenzen Ill put it this way you put Lorenzen on a team with a decent Line and a good running game he puts you in a BCS game. He made plays and yes I will say him and Woodson were better pure passers than Tebow.
Ok they may have better mechanics than Tebow but he was more accurate than both of them and made better decisions plus he could run with the ball.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Lorenzen Ill put it this way you put Lorenzen on a team with a decent Line and a good running game he puts you in a BCS game. He made plays and yes I will say him and Woodson were better pure passers than Tebow.

I watched Jared all four years of High School at Highlands. I know what his skill set was. I love the kid, I know his family, but I'm sorry to say, Jared did not have the skills as Tebow. He has not a great passer, but he did have very good numbers, but not a great passer.
Amun-Ra Wrote:What's your point here? Tebow had the better stats. He was consistantly around 65% completion every year. He had less interceptions and more touch downs. Thats just throwing the ball. These stats dont even list his rushing numbers which were way more than Woodson's. As for Lorenzson, he threw the ball 600 more times than Tim and had only 200 more completions with less TD's and considerably more int's.
That's just stats. He also won tons more games, won a Heisman, and two National titles.

The point is, Woodson and Lorenzen both played on teams with crappy O-lines, unlike Tebow. Woodson and Lorenzen had average WR's, while Tebow had some of the best WR's and TE in college football. Like I said earlier, most of Tebow's deep balls were to WIDE OPEN WR's due to the defenses biting on the play action and fake QB draws. When you have a run game like UF and QB who can run like Tebow, it opens up the pass game tremendously. UK has never had that luxury. You put Woodson or Lorenzen in at QB at Florida, they win more games, national championships, and possibly a Heisman (which I think is a joke anyways), for the simple fact that they are better passing QB's.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Woodson(Career) 44 games 791-1,278 9,360 yards 79 TD 25 INT 63.1%

Lorenzson (Career 2000-2003) 862-1,514 10,354 yards 78 TD 41 INT 56.9%

Tebow(Career) 55 games 661-993 9,285 yards 88 TD 16 INT 66.45%

What's your point here? Tebow had the better stats. He was consistantly around 65% completion every year. He had less interceptions and more touch downs. Thats just throwing the ball. These stats dont even list his rushing numbers which were way more than Woodson's. As for Lorenzson, he threw the ball 600 more times than Tim and had only 200 more completions with less TD's and considerably more int's.

You know, It might just be because he had a completely better team. Better receivers. Better Running backs. More people to worry about which opened it up for tebow.....
Redneck Wrote:You put Woodson or Lorenzen in at QB at Florida, they win more games, national championships, and possibly a Heisman (which I think is a joke anyways), for the simple fact that they are better passing QB's.
Tebow single handidly beat Oklahoma in the second half to win Florida's last NC. He did it with passing on top of that. And no they weren't better passing QB's. If they were better they would have been playing for someone other than UK.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Tebow single handidly beat Oklahoma in the second half to win Florida's last NC. He did it with passing on top of that. And no they weren't better passing QB's. If they were better they would have been playing for someone other than UK.

^ Now that kills the argument right there! Best point of the thread!:Thumbs:
Amun-Ra Wrote:Tebow single handidly beat Oklahoma in the second half to win Florida's last NC. He did it with passing on top of that. And no they weren't better passing QB's. If they were better they would have been playing for someone other than UK.

Stardust Wrote:^ Now that kills the argument right there! Best point of the thread!:Thumbs:

Hmm, so Tim Tebow was a better passing QB than Tim Couch. That's funny.
Redneck Wrote:Hmm, so Tim Tebow was a better passing QB than Tim Couch. That's funny.

Stats have already proved it, so yes, Tebow was a better throwing QB
He has not been the same since the Ky game when he got knocked out..