Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tim Tebow's draft stock plummeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Multiple sources from Senior Bowl practices are saying that Tim Tebow has really been struggling. Said he's lost under-center, has several fumbles, and has missed a lot of wide receivers. Some reports have said that his deep ball has been the most impressive of this performance thus far.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNFqmgWg9M"]YouTube- SC: Tebow's Draft Stock[/ame]

Senior Bowl game is Saturday at 2 PM on the NFL Network.
I think he could end up being a steal. I do not think he will be incredible. I have seen quarterbacks with less talent win at the next level and I believe he could be one of those guys.

The fumbles is not his character. I don't believe that he will be a person that fumbles a lot in the NFL.
He's no Mark Sanchez.
lwc Wrote:I think he could end up being a steal. I do not think he will be incredible. I have seen quarterbacks with less talent win at the next level and I believe he could be one of those guys.

The fumbles is not his character. I don't believe that he will be a person that fumbles a lot in the NFL.

You may have seen QB's with less talent make it in the NFL, but you can't name me another QB, even bad QB in the NFL, who had a slower release than Tebow. Guy's like Bernie Kosar who had terrible mechanics still had incredible release times. That was the glaring weakenss with Tim. People just don't realize how much the NFL is about timing with less on accuracy.

The other glaring weakness that could be worked on was footwork. Passing routes are all about click-counts. The 3, 5, 7 step drops are all designed for the time of the route and the release of the football. Not only did Tim's struggle with even being able to perform the dropbacks appropriately, this is where his time-to-realease was the primary detractor.

I love the kid, feel he is in the top 10 all-time college football players to ever play the game, but a Pro QB he will not be.
I just dont see him doing much of anything hey maybe he and Devan Downey can start a business together lmao
late 1st early 2nd round
only way he will be on a NFL field is if he runs out of the stands and steals a pass from Brett Favre and tries to run it for a TD but is blind sided by security and then took to jail.
greenstuff22 Wrote:only way he will be on a NFL field is if he runs out of the stands and steals a pass from Brett Favre and tries to run it for a TD but is blind sided by security and then took to jail.

get over it. you know nothing about any sports.....
hope he does well in whatever he does, he is a real CHRISTIAN MAN..
cuppett777 Wrote:hope he does well in whatever he does, he is a real CHRISTIAN MAN..

I'm a real Christian man. God didn't make me an NFL football player. I would hope he would do well no matter what he does, not just because he's a Christian. I would have the hope for all non-Christians do well also, because that as a Christian man is what I am supposed to do.

As for Tebow, I'd love to see him find a place to be rewarded for hiw football commitment, I just don't see him being an NFL QB. Maybe they can convert him to a TE or something.
Jerry_Damage01 Wrote:He's no Mark Sanchez.

Thats right he's better!!!!!!!!!! :flame:
cuppett777 Wrote:hope he does well in whatever he does, he is a real CHRISTIAN MAN..

I agree. I like to see good people succeed.
I know his release is slow but if JeMarcus Russell can be the #1 pick and be a starter in the NFL so can Tebow.
Tim Tebow will be playing quaterback in the NFL, he will be a steal and teams like the Bills, Rams, (Browns they need a new QB cause Quinn just aint working) Teams like these needs a future Qb, and Tebow will find a way a win, hes won a High school ST Title, Heisman, National Title, He'll find a way to win a superbowl its just the matter of if anyones willing to take that chance on him.
baller4life Wrote:get over it. you know nothing about any sports.....

lol and you do? anyone who says JBS can win region shouldn't even be acknowledged on this board.
Tim Tebow counted to infinity - twice.

Tim Tebow once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.

When Tim Tebow was a child, he made his mother finish his vegetables.

Tim Tebow taught Ken Jennings everything he knows. No wonder the guy won $3 million on Jeopardy.

When Tim Tebow writes poetry, everything rhymes with orange.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Tim Tebow counted to infinity - twice.

Tim Tebow once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.

When Tim Tebow was a child, he made his mother finish his vegetables.

Tim Tebow taught Ken Jennings everything he knows. No wonder the guy won $3 million on Jeopardy.

When Tim Tebow writes poetry, everything rhymes with orange.

LMFAO :lmao:
Amun-Ra Wrote:I know his release is slow but if JeMarcus Russell can be the #1 pick and be a starter in the NFL so can Tebow.

And who selected Russell? Al Davis, the most disenchanted owner in any sport. He was Senile 20 years ago. Not sure what they even call it now
Stardust Wrote:You may have seen QB's with less talent make it in the NFL, but you can't name me another QB, even bad QB in the NFL, who had a slower release than Tebow. Guy's like Bernie Kosar who had terrible mechanics still had incredible release times. That was the glaring weakenss with Tim. People just don't realize how much the NFL is about timing with less on accuracy.

The other glaring weakness that could be worked on was footwork. Passing routes are all about click-counts. The 3, 5, 7 step drops are all designed for the time of the route and the release of the football. Not only did Tim's struggle with even being able to perform the dropbacks appropriately, this is where his time-to-realease was the primary detractor.

I love the kid, feel he is in the top 10 all-time college football players to ever play the game, but a Pro QB he will not be.

you may be the smartest guy i know lol

But I feel like Tebow can do better this what hes showcasing. I know I would take him if I was a Coach
NYY10 Wrote:you may be the smartest guy i know lol

But I feel like Tebow can do better this what hes showcasing. I know I would take him if I was a Coach

I love this young man. He is what I would want my son to be like at that age. He is all class. He is one of the greatest to ever play in college football, but unfortunately, he does not have the tools to play QB in the NFL. You can't compare him with other bad QB's to say he can do the job in the NFL. I would love to see this kid find a spot, but when you have QB guru Bill Parcells say that this kid probably would work good in a Wildcat offense, tells enough about what he thinks of Tim as a dropback QB
Here comes the next Tom Brady!
Love Tim Tebow, love what he represents, but it will be tough for him to be a pro quarterback. But you look at this kids work ethic and he will do everything he can to impress the scouts and improve his stock. I for sure hopes he gets drafted high and whichever team picks him, works with him at the qb position instead of inserting him as a tight end.
-STAT- Wrote:Love Tim Tebow, love what he represents, but it will be tough for him to be a pro quarterback. But you look at this kids work ethic and he will do everything he can to impress the scouts and improve his stock. I for sure hopes he gets drafted high and whichever team picks him, works with him at the qb position instead of inserting him as a tight end.

Agreed.
Stardust Wrote:You may have seen QB's with less talent make it in the NFL, but you can't name me another QB, even bad QB in the NFL, who had a slower release than Tebow. Guy's like Bernie Kosar who had terrible mechanics still had incredible release times. That was the glaring weakenss with Tim. People just don't realize how much the NFL is about timing with less on accuracy.

Have you ever seen Donovan McNabb play? His release is like a pitchers wind-up. And he's not done too bad in the professional level.
I think it is hilarious that so many people on here hate Tebow just because he KILLED Kentucky the past 3 years. UK didn't stand a chance as long as Tebow was there and they knew it. Like him or hate him, he is a GREAT role model for anyone and he is a **** good football player so he is going to find a spot AT QUARTERBACK in the NFL.
WoJo Wrote:Have you ever seen Donovan McNabb play? His release is like a pitchers wind-up. And he's not done too bad in the professional level.

Their take-offs are not even close!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjDRl0jf2H8&feature=related"]YouTube- Eagles Donovan McNabb Highlights[/ame]
I really hope the best for this young man, and i hope he finds a spot at QB on a NFL team witch I think he will.
Stardust Wrote:And who selected Russell? Al Davis, the most disenchanted owner in any sport. He was Senile 20 years ago. Not sure what they even call it now
And who says ole Al wont do it again?
Stardust Wrote:Their take-offs are not even close!

I Love McNabb
Accordin to the "expert" Todd McShey, Tebow is the 3rd best QB in the draft. He also thinks that Tebow will be a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder. IMO, i think he will be a late pick. Jared Lorenzen and Andre Woodson were much better QB's than Tebow was in college and much more suited for an NFL offense. Look where those two are now.
Pages: 1 2