Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian County @ Shelby Valley 1/22
Larry Legend Wrote:I realize they were good last year, I just didn't see all that speed and athleticism that you speak of... I'm not doubting that it's there, but I don't remember anyone really standing out.

Anthony Hickey and Veontae Lewis are two of the quickest guards in the state. Those two create a lot of CC's turnovers on the opposition.

Christian Co also has a big athletic front court with 6'6 Kates, 6'5 Wilson, and 6'4 McDuffen.

Year in and year out CC is one of the most athletic teams in the state. The reason you probably don't remember anyone standing out is because they play great team ball at both ends of the floor. :Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:Christian Co was a very good team last year too.

And yes they have improved. They only lost one player from last year's team so they return the same group, with more experience.

kywldcat01 Wrote:Anthony Hickey and Veontae Lewis are two of the quickest guards in the state. Those two create a lot of CC's turnovers on the opposition.

Christian Co also has a big athletic front court with 6'6 Kates, 6'5 Wilson, and 6'4 McDuffen.

Year in and year out CC is one of the most athletic teams in the state. The reason you probably don't remember anyone standing out is because they play great team ball at both ends of the floor. :Thumbs:
I'm sure they are very good. Should be a great one tomorrow night. :Clap:
The
The refs will play a role in the game,I'm not saying they will be for Valley, just saying CC will not be allowed to play as aggressive as Valley.Close calls will go Vallleys way.Valley by 9.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I made two true statements about Elisha, but never said anything close to "he's perfect". Over the last 4 years, he averages under 2 turnovers per game (definitely not perfect, but pretty good). He has also fouled out of very few games (he fouled out 1 game in Florida, but he doesn't get in foul trouble much). Is it possible that he'll get in foul trouble? Yes. Is it possible that he'll turn it over more than 2 times? Yes. My point was that if a team is going into a game banking on beating SV because they are going to turn it over a lot or because Elisha is going to get in foul trouble, they are reaching.

All SV supporters will tell you that Elisha's outside shot could be better, that he could stay in front of his man a little more instead of backtapping so much, and we all wish he was 6'4", but we all know there are many more positives to his game than negatives. Besides that, his teammates are pretty good. Several of them are very underrated.

Christian County has a great team and has a great shot at beating SV, but SV has a great shot as well.

Great post. Glad to know that you are always here to bring an intelligent viewpoint to a discussion where others have made outlandish statements and unfounded accusations.

I agree, it should be a whale of a game. I will be there, and I am hoping SV brings their "A" game if they expect to win!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast at all?

I'd really like to listen over the internet if possible.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast at all?

I'd really like to listen over the internet if possible.
The game should be broadcast on EKBSPORTS.Com, click on 103.1FM at 7:15 EST.
dortonite Wrote:The game should be broadcast on EKBSPORTS.Com, click on 103.1FM at 7:15 EST.

Thanks. If you could post an official link tomorrow in an update thread, that'd be greatly appreciated. :Thumbs:
I think Christian County wins this one by 10 or so.

Ashley Hatfield will be lucky to play 1 quarter in this game because of a back injury, and that will hurt Shelby Valley a lot.
Uncle Fester Wrote:I think Christian County wins this one by 10 or so.

Ashley Hatfield will be lucky to play 1 quarter in this game because of a back injury, and that will hurt Shelby Valley a lot.

This will definetly be a major factor in this game if Hatfield doesn't play much.

Without Hatfield in there, Kates will have his way down low.
Anyone else heard anything about Hatfield? Havent heard this mentioned all week.
5timechamp Wrote:Anyone else heard anything about Hatfield? Havent heard this mentioned all week.

Neither Ashley or Elisha practiced yesterday. Ashley was hurt in the All A final. Elisha has bad tendonitis in his heel. I talked to Elisha's mother this morning. She said as of now he probably wouldn't play, but that depends on how it is feeling this evening. She said he was having a hard time getting his shoe on that foot. If they don't play it will be ugly. Hopefully both will be feeling good enough by gametime to play though. Everyone has looked forward to this game for so long. It would be ashame if they couldn't play.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Neither Ashley or Elisha practiced yesterday. Ashley was hurt in the All A final. Elisha has bad tendonitis in his heel. I talked to Elisha's mother this morning. She said as of now he probably wouldn't play, but that depends on how it is feeling this evening. She said he was having a hard time getting his shoe on that foot. If they don't play it will be ugly. Hopefully both will be feeling good enough by gametime to play though. Everyone has looked forward to this game for so long. It would be ashame if they couldn't play.

Talked with both of them today, they are 50-50 as to whether they will play. I checked Elisha's achilles today and it is swollen and sore.
Thats disappointing. Hopefully they get back to full health soon! They both seem like that type of player that would play through injuries.
What's more important to Valley, earning respect throughout the state with getting a W vs Christian Co, or getting there players healthy, winning the 15th and going back to Rupp?
trufan Wrote:Talked with both of them today, they are 50-50 as to whether they will play. I checked Elisha's achilles today and it is swollen and sore.

Wow! Without Shelby Valley's two main players, this one could get ugly from the tip!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Anthony Hickey and Veontae Lewis are two of the quickest guards in the state. Those two create a lot of CC's turnovers on the opposition.

Shelby Valley has no one that can guard Hickey if Justice doesn't play.
Justice or no Justice ill take CC by at least 15pts.
I'm sorry but if Elisha isn't playing I'm not making the trip to Robinson Creek.

If Booher is playing hooky with Chrisitan County then someone needs to PM me whether EJ is officially playing or not, it would be appreciated.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sorry but if Elisha isn't playing I'm not making the trip to Robinson Creek.

If Booher is playing hooky with Chrisitan County then someone needs to PM me whether EJ is officially playing or not, it would be appreciated.

:thumpsup:
trufan Wrote:Talked with both of them today, they are 50-50 as to whether they will play. I checked Elisha's achilles today and it is swollen and sore.

With what I've heard and from a pretty good source there is about a 99.9% chance or better they will be playing.
justabballfan Wrote:With what I've heard and from a pretty good source there is about a 99.9% chance or better they will be playing.

Lace 'em up, as of the end of the school day, they are playing. :redboxer:
If valley is healthy. Goin with the wildcats by 7. GO BIG BLUE:flame:
trufan Wrote:Lace 'em up, as of the end of the school day, they are playing. :redboxer:

What level are they going to be at? 75%? 90%?

I agree with others on here, anything less than the best these two have to offer and SV has no chance of winning.

For that matter, I would've said if neither of them plays at all, SV will get beat by 25 points. Hopefully that won't be the case.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
this will be the best home game of the season..really dont know if CC can come into valley and leave with a win

i'll take valley in a close one by 4
For some reason I have a feeling that the "Rumors" of these two not playing was just to stir up some pre game chatter?

Why did we hear nothing about this until game day?
kywldcat01 Wrote:For some reason I have a feeling that the "Rumors" of these two not playing was just to stir up some pre game chatter?

I wondered the same thing. Not a word all week.
kywldcat01 Wrote:For some reason I have a feeling that the "Rumors" of these two not playing was just to stir up some pre game chatter?

I heard from one of the assistants earlier in the week that Ashley had hurt his back, but this was the first I heard of Elisha being injured. I can vouch for DortonWildcat5 though, if he says he spoke to Elisha's mother and she said he was injured then he is injured. He isn't the kind of kid that would want people thinking he is hurt if he isn't. I am sure these injuries are valid.

Of course you would think that SV fans would make up injuries. That's pretty lame man. Ashley sat out the 4th quarter of the Pikeville game with a hurt back and if DortonWildcat5 says Elisha is hurt, than he is.

As for Hatfield, I know that he was injured during the Pikeville game Monday night because I was listening on the radio when it happened. The announcers said he came down hard and didn't get up for several minutes. Although he walked off, he didn't return to the game either.

I will concur with some others on here that this is the first I had heard about Justice being hurt. But, DW5 has no reason to lie and if he says the two didn't practice yesterday, then I believe him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't think it was "rumors" of them not playing (just an update about a couple of injuries). I knew Hatfield was hurt (anyone who was at the Expo saw him take 2 hard spills on the floor), but I knew nothing about Elisha (he went to the doctor yesterday). I heard about it for the first time at lunch today. Tendonitis is kind of like shin splints in that it boils down to if you can play through the pain. I'm sure Elisha will play unless he is just hurting too bad. In fact, I expect him to play well because he almost always does. I have no idea on Ashley's injury.

Honestly, I should have thought about what you were going to say before I posted what his mother told me. I should have known better. SV is not the type of team who is going to try to set up a reason for a loss.