Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Christian County @ Shelby Valley 1/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I know its early but Shelby Valley will easily handle Pikeville and Christian County forced OT against an amazing Holmes team and lead most of the game. So who you got in this one?
With a healthy Shaquile Wilson, I'll go with Chrisitan County. Doesn't look like he was himself against Holmes tonight, he only had 2 points.

Both teams like to run, so everyone better be "laced up" because this will be an exciting game. Would love to see this one.

This is the only "measuring stick" that Shelby Valley has this season.

CC by 7
Simple, you don't beat Valley @ Valley.
goodguy Wrote:With a healthy Shaquile Wilson, I'll go with Chrisitan County. Doesn't look like he was himself against Holmes tonight, he only had 2 points.

Both teams like to run, so everyone better be "laced up" because this will be an exciting game. Would love to see this one.

This is the only "measuring stick" that Shelby Valley has this season.

CC by 7

If this were to happen it would be SV's first loss at home since 2004. Their last loss was to Lex Cath on Feb. 24, 2004. If CC wins, it would shatter the longest running current winning streak in KY.
Whats the streak to?
Aslan Wrote:Whats the streak to?

I believe he is refering to the SV home win streak....

I am not going to make a prediction on this game, especially after Holmes and CC just played a thriller because I may let my loyalties get in the way, but I will be watching, and this will be the only barometer I have to judge SV by... Should be a fun game...
PC_You_Know Wrote:Simple, you don't beat Valley @ Valley.

Most teams don't, but Christian County is very capable of it. They are athletic, quick, and long. SV will have to play a very good game to come away with a victory...
Aslan Wrote:Whats the streak to?

I believe it stands at 53 now...
This should be a very good game.

Elisha Justice and Anthony Hickey will go at it all night long. Hickey just got done dropping 27 on Holmes, so I think that should be a sign that the kid is a player. Both are around the same size at 5'11, both are very strong, and both are very quick. This match up alone is worth the price of admission.

The key for SV is to weather the storm when CC goes on one of their runs. Because Christian Co likes to play "32 minutes of he ll" and press the entire game, the SV guards will have to take care of the ball. Christian Co is very good at creating turnovers off their pressure and quickness.

On the flip side, CC can't let Elijah Justice single handedly beat them. If Justice is on, it will be tough for the Colonels to stop this SV squad. Kates has to continue to play well inside and keep Hatfield from having a big game. Kates is a very athletic big man down low but he can't get in to foul trouble because CC doesn't have much size down low outside of him.

All in all, I expect a great game from both teams. Both will try to run and press the whole game so I expect a high scoring affair in this one. It wouldn't surprise me to see a final in the 70's or 80's.

With a win, SV can prove they're as good as the EKY faithful hype them up to be. IMO this is a game about respect for Valley and I'm sure Booher will pound this in to his kids heads.

I'll wait to post a prediction on who I think wins this game.

BTW, Christian Co will also play AT Perry County Central the following night on the 23rd. I'd assume they'll be staying overnight after this game since they're travelling over 300 miles to play in EKY.
Not sure what SV will roll out there but CC will go with the following starting line up:

5'11 Hickey
6'0 Lewis
6'4 McDuffen
6'5 Wilson
6'6 Kates
The King Wrote:I believe it stands at 53 now...

Thanks!
kywldcat01 Wrote:This should be a very good game.

Elisha Justice and Anthony Hickey will go at it all night long. Hickey just got done dropping 27 on Holmes, so I think that should be a sign that the kid is a player. Both are around the same size at 5'11, both are very strong, and both are very quick. This match up alone is worth the price of admission.

The key for SV is to weather the storm when CC goes on one of their runs. Because Christian Co likes to play "32 minutes of he ll" and press the entire game, the SV guards will have to take care of the ball. Christian Co is very good at creating turnovers off their pressure and quickness.

On the flip side, CC can't let Elijah Justice single handedly beat them. If Justice is on, it will be tough for the Colonels to stop this SV squad. Kates has to continue to play well inside and keep Hatfield from having a big game. Kates is a very athletic big man down low but he can't get in to foul trouble because CC doesn't have much size down low outside of him.

All in all, I expect a great game from both teams. Both will try to run and press the whole game so I expect a high scoring affair in this one. It wouldn't surprise me to see a final in the 70's or 80's.

With a win, SV can prove they're as good as the EKY faithful hype them up to be. IMO this is a game about respect for Valley and I'm sure Booher will pound this in to his kids heads.

BTW, Christian Co will also play AT Perry County Central the following night on the 23rd. I'd assume they'll be staying overnight after this game since they're travelling over 300 miles to play in EKY.
This is a great non-biased analogy of the game. imo
kywldcat01 Wrote:This should be a very good game.

Thats awesome! I'm guessing Perry and Valley will be traveling to Christian Co next year?
Should Be A Good Game, ill take Valley At Home in A Barnburner

Best Of Luck To Both
The win streak will continue for the rest of the year but next year they will get beat ,The streak will not reach to much higher.As far as the game if it was on a neutral court I would go with CC.The calls will go for Sv which they should.I hope they win by alot.Justice will play big as well as all the boys.Was Cathloic ranked when they beat Valley in 2004?
kywldcat01 Wrote:Not sure what SV will roll out there but CC will go with the following starting line up:

5'11 Hickey
6'0 Lewis
6'4 McDuffen
6'5 Wilson
6'6 Kates

Something like (these could be off slightly):

5'11 Justice
6'0 Varney
6'4 Tyler Newsome
6'3 Taylor Newsome
6'6 Hatfield
This game scares me.....We(the Valley faithful) know that the Wildcats are more than capable of beating any team,when they are playing at their best. But, they will have to get back to the solid basketball with less turnovers and better shot selection. NO fancy passing and showboating. Let's keep the streak going at home,guys. Play like we all know you can.
The King Wrote:Something like (these could be off slightly):

5'11 Justice
6'0 Varney
6'4 Tyler Newsome
6'3 Taylor Newsome
6'6 Hatfield

These two should match up very well then.

I do think SV will struggle some with CC's quickness and athleticism.

SV is probably a little bit more disciplined than CC though which should even things out.

I think a lot of the SV fans will be impressed with Anthony Hickey of CC. He is a carbon copy of Justice, with a little bit more quickness.
i think this will be a close game. ill take valley in a close one by 8. good luck valley keep the sreak alive.:Cheerlead
Getting Ramey back will help Shelby Valley in this game but it will not be an easy game and I don't think Coach Booher and the team think so either. At the start of the season this game stood out as the first big test in Ky for SV and it will take a good game to keep the standing home team win record in Kentucky going, let's make it 54 wins in a row!! GO SV!!
2 things:

1. i think its gonna come down to the final minute

2. if valley loses, who will have the home court win streak record still going in kentucky? anybody know?
This has been a great thread so far. It sounds like both teams want to play the same way so it should be a wild and fast game. Justice usually plays his best in games like this so I would expect him to play well. I hope the point gaurd for CC is as good as Kywildcat says it will make the game fun to watch. Hopefully the game goes down to the final minute because SV really needs that type of game against a good team . IMO
is there a tournment on that date? why would cc travel that far if not?i was in belfry 8yrs b4 moving back to madisonville, i know sv is very tough in basketball,but i will take cc to stop the streak.
IMO the trip will take a lot out of Christian County as it does most pretty good teams that come to the mountains. I expect Valley to pounce on CC early and stretch out the lead then once CC finally gets the trip out of them they'll trim it down, but too much Valley early will win this one.

I'll take SV by 12.
With what info I have gathered this should be a very entertaining game and should be a barnburner but SV will have to play at the top of their game for the entire game with no letdowns. I'll take SV by 5 and maybe we will get to see how SV does compare to some of the top teams in the state.:Thumbs:
The Private Wrote:The win streak will continue for the rest of the year but next year they will get beat ,The streak will not reach to much higher.As far as the game if it was on a neutral court I would go with CC.The calls will go for Sv which they should.I hope they win by alot.Justice will play big as well as all the boys.Was Cathloic ranked when they beat Valley in 2004?

If I remember correctly, I think Lex Cath was number 1 when they came to SV. I'm sure The King can remember and let us know.
5timechamp Wrote:This has been a great thread so far. It sounds like both teams want to play the same way so it should be a wild and fast game. Justice usually plays his best in games like this so I would expect him to play well. I hope the point gaurd for CC is as good as Kywildcat says it will make the game fun to watch. Hopefully the game goes down to the final minute because SV really needs that type of game against a good team . IMO

Hickey is an extremely good pg. Lightning quick and very strong with the ball. He has the ability to average 20 a game and he's just a junior so he'll be back next year too. When you guys see how quick he is, I think you'll be very impressed. He also gets after it on the defensive side. He has given Holmes fits the past two years that they've played.

Justice v Hickey will be a very good match up. :Thumbs:

BlackcatAlum Wrote:IMO the trip will take a lot out of Christian County as it does most pretty good teams that come to the mountains. I expect Valley to pounce on CC early and stretch out the lead then once CC finally gets the trip out of them they'll trim it down, but too much Valley early will win this one.

I'll take SV by 12.

I'd probably agree with you about the trip, but CC has already played in EKY once this year when they played at Ashland in the AIT, so the drive won't be anything new to them.

SV is definetly capable of winning this game, but I'd be very surprised if they won by 12. I think you're selling CC short a little. They have 3 losses this year by a combined 9 points:

Mason Co 53 Christian Co 50
East Carter 78 Christian Co 75
Holmes 72 Christian Co 69

The losses to MC and EC came without Shaquille Wilson playing due to a concussion and they had Holmes down 8 with less than 2 minutes to play, only to lose in OT. This team could easily be 16-1 or 17-0 right now, instead of 14-3.
Valley by 10
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'd probably agree with you about the trip, but CC has already played in EKY once this year when they played at Ashland in the AIT, so the drive won't be anything new to them.

SV is definetly capable of winning this game, but I'd be very surprised if they won by 12. I think you're selling CC short a little. They have 3 losses this year by a combined 9 points:

Mason Co 53 Christian Co 50
East Carter 78 Christian Co 75
Holmes 72 Christian Co 69

The losses to MC and EC came without Shaquille Wilson playing due to a concussion and they had Holmes down 8 with less than 2 minutes to play, only to lose in OT. This team could easily be 16-1 or 17-0 right now, instead of 14-3.

Well they didn't fair to well at the AIT either, whether they where without Wilson or not they still had a pretty good amount of talent with the way you speak of Hickey. Plus they'll be playing Valley this time, not Mason County or East Carter.

Shelby Valley is very strong at home and their press is a nightmare on a high school court.
This will be a tough challenge to SV. CC seems to be completely healthy now. SV wins, but it will be a tough game for them
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5