Poll: Who Wins???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
97.87%
UCONN
2.13%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4)Kentucky vs. (14)UConn 12/9
Cats by 9.GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll say UK by 6
Brad nessler and Dukie V are calling the game.
Stardust Wrote:Maybe the top Senior in the country in Jerome Dyson. This will be a match-up pf the best Sr. PG against the best Frosh PG.

Stanley Robinson matches up with PP in size and scoring ability. These two will dominate the inside games for each's team.

They also have a Frosh that could neutralize Cousins and Ortin. Oriakhi is a rebounding machine and the Cats will have to account for him.

Talentwise, UK has a significant advantage. The difference between UNC and UConn, and what may make UConn more of a challenge is their experience. They have five seniors and 3 juniors. They know how to play and will not be intimidated.

Sorry to break it to you but how can you say that Jerome Dyson is the best Senior Point Guard in the country? Have you forgotten about Sherron Collins from Kansas?

I thought you were smarter than this Dusty!TongueirateSho
If we even come close to the same type of performance as we did against UNC then I don't see us having much trouble with the Huskies. We need PP to show his strength and for Wall to drive and dish the whole game.
Going to be interesting to see if the Cats come out flat after a very big and emotional win over UNC. I hope that Coach Cal can keep the players feet on the ground.
I think this will actually be more of a test than the UNC game because this is an away game! Should be great both teams have size and are looking to make it far into MARCH!!

Probable starters for Connecticut:

G Jerome Dyson 6'4'' 190 Sr
G Kemba Walker 6'1'' 172 So
F Stanley Robinson 6'9'' 220 Sr
F Gavin Edwards 6'10'' 230 Sr
F/C Alex Oriakhi 6'9'' 240 Fr

The one big thing that scares me the most about this UConn team is their SIZE, i believe they may be the one team that has more size and depth with big men than Kentucky!! UConn's two main big men are Stanley Robinson and Gavin Edwards who average 15.4ppg, 7.1rpg, 2bpg and 11.6ppg, 5.7rpg, 3.3bpg respectively. We must not forget UConn's leading rebounder either in Alex Oriakhi averaging 9.7 a game! I'm not sure how coach Cal is going to handle it but he might need to change the starting lineup a little bit if he wants to try and match size with size or if he will stick with speed, it will be interesting to see what he does! AND NOW, for the STAR matchup for this game will be phenom John Wall vs the star veteran Jerome Dyson!! Wall with 18.1ppg, 7.7apg, 4.1rpg and Dyson with 20.1ppg, 5.6rpg, and 5.3apg. So who will win out the phenoms or the veterans? Can't wait to see this one!!! Go Cats!!
I can't wait to see how they react to playing a tough opponent straight off such a high from beating UNC.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
UK by 6
UCONN only beat Harvard by 6 pooints last night....WOW! If UK can play a good game, UK rolls by 10+
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reading on UCONN;s rivals board, alot of there fans dont like us. One guy even said he hopes we rot....I hope we destroy Uconn just for that statement.
theVILLE Wrote:I say UCONN by 13..Uk has the talent but its there time to get beaten..UCONN will out rebound them...UCONN will force alot of TO's on UK..Wall will still have abig game though

can you for once say that uk is a good team.i know ur a loserville fan but u make urself seem to bias. u actually said morehead state had a chance with us give me a break. i can't wait till january when pitino cries all the way home from rupp.. the cats will beat uconn
theVILLE Wrote:I say UCONN by 13..Uk has the talent but its there time to get beaten..UCONN will out rebound them...UCONN will force alot of TO's on UK..Wall will still have abig game though

WOW,why do you always have something negitive about the Wildcats?????
they will beat your team by atleast 30!!!!!!!
ill take the cats by 13,Cousins will have a big game.
cats beat uconn and remain undefeated...
I heard some talk of UCONN already playing in The Garden a few times, and would the atmosphere of being in the Garden for the first time might hurt Kentucky early on. I don't believe it will because if you get to play in a great arena like Rupp, you can play anywhere in the country and not get rattled.

Go Cats
UK wins 79-63
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uconn will get beat
You would say Pikeville College over KY, if they played.
leecoukfan Wrote:I think this will actually be more of a test than the UNC game because this is an away game! Should be great both teams have size and are looking to make it far into MARCH!!

Probable starters for Connecticut:

G Jerome Dyson 6'4'' 190 Sr
G Kemba Walker 6'1'' 172 So
F Stanley Robinson 6'9'' 220 Sr
F Gavin Edwards 6'10'' 230 Sr
F/C Alex Oriakhi 6'9'' 240 Fr

The one big thing that scares me the most about this UConn team is their SIZE, i believe they may be the one team that has more size and depth with big men than Kentucky!! UConn's two main big men are Stanley Robinson and Gavin Edwards who average 15.4ppg, 7.1rpg, 2bpg and 11.6ppg, 5.7rpg, 3.3bpg respectively. We must not forget UConn's leading rebounder either in Alex Oriakhi averaging 9.7 a game! I'm not sure how coach Cal is going to handle it but he might need to change the starting lineup a little bit if he wants to try and match size with size or if he will stick with speed, it will be interesting to see what he does! AND NOW, for the STAR matchup for this game will be phenom John Wall vs the star veteran Jerome Dyson!! Wall with 18.1ppg, 7.7apg, 4.1rpg and Dyson with 20.1ppg, 5.6rpg, and 5.3apg. So who will win out the phenoms or the veterans? Can't wait to see this one!!! Go Cats!!
Kentucky's big men are bigger than uconns all around just as tall but weight more and just as strong if not stronger

Kentucky is 255,260,260,240 etc
This game could really set John Wall apart from anyone that was close to him for Player of the Year consideration. This is the first big ESPN game for Kentucky this year and his first chance to showcase himself in primetime really.
Ky's streak will stay ALIVE! Uk by 13
I wonder what things some people will take away from the game regarding coach Cal and coach Calhoun. Maybe they will just coach a good game and have a normal hand shake at the end and the fan websites can move on but we all know better than that.
UK by 10
Go big Blue!!1
UK by 7
Kentucky win this one.
Wall will have another outstanding game for the cats.
GO BIG BLUE

Translation: UK +7.

Ville's bias factor has long been established on here to be -20 points towards UK when either playing UL, a Big East team, or a team UL has already played.
On a side note...a close loss tonight would be the best thing for UK, IMO.
If dyson can hang with wall... then I say it be close. But if not then uk will distroy uconn
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note...a close loss tonight would be the best thing for UK, IMO.

....as opposed to a HUGE loss...right?
lwc Wrote:....as opposed to a HUGE loss...right?

Correct... a close loss seems to drive home points a lot easier when you can pin point two or three things that swayed the result.
If UK wins will you not post in anymore UK threads the rest of the season? Seriously.

I mean it's their time to get beat? Why? UNC forced a lot of turnovers too but they lost and if Wall doesnt go out they lose by 25.
thelegend Wrote:Uconn 34---uk 27

You almost had the halftime socre.....