Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands Austin Collinsworth
Can you dig it? Wrote:Had he played injury free this season, he'd have been there. I'm sure he won't miss it. Last night was more than enough honors for him. 5A finals MVP and the man who led the Birds to #19 after being a huge part of #s 17 & 18. A career that legends are made of.:Thumbs:

maybe but miles simpson better and so is Rees MacShara talent outshine your last name
:ChairHit:
tradition Wrote:Yes.

I just love how most up north wish that he would choose UC. It would be nice to see him commit to UK. After all that's the state he lives in isn't it?
I assume you think he will do better at UC in a weak conference instead of the powerhouse conference of the SEC?
Personally I would love to see him in the SEC. Actually would love to see him go to Vandy myself. But that is just me. I know he is weighing all options and it will be a decision made with the insight of his family and where he feels is the best fit for him. All the best to Austin wherever he goes. I know he will be successful.
tradition Wrote:Personally I would love to see him in the SEC. Actually would love to see him go to Vandy myself. But that is just me. I know he is weighing all options and it will be a decision made with the insight of his family and where he feels is the best fit for him. All the best to Austin wherever he goes. I know he will be successful.

Any word on Bardo. Has the injury affected his choices? I'm assuming the plan was to have surgery after the season concluded?
easyM Wrote:I just love how most up north wish that he would choose UC. It would be nice to see him commit to UK. After all that's the state he lives in isn't it?
I assume you think he will do better at UC in a weak conference instead of the powerhouse conference of the SEC?

Excuse me, but in the last five years, their have been more players leave UC to play in the NFL than from UK. I'm not saying that AC has pro potential, but getting the best opportunity to get to the next level seems to lead me to beleive he needs to leave his home state...........
Stardust Wrote:Excuse me, but in the last five years, their have been more players leave UC to play in the NFL than from UK. I'm not saying that AC has pro potential, but getting the best opportunity to get to the next level seems to lead me to beleive he needs to leave his home state...........

Try the last three years and see who has more pro prospects. But that isn't my point. I'm saying I wish all ky kids would attend UK if they can play. AC can play.
The SEC is the elite conference hands down. The big east isn't nowhere close to being in that league. Plus, Kelly will be gone as the UC coach. When he leaves watch happens to their program.
And if running back is what he wants to be it would be foolish for him to go to UC.
easyM Wrote:Try the last three years and see who has more pro prospects. But that isn't my point. I'm saying I wish all ky kids would attend UK if they can play. AC can play.
The SEC is the elite conference hands down. The big east isn't nowhere close to being in that league. Plus, Kelly will be gone as the UC coach. When he leaves watch happens to their program.
And if running back is what he wants to be it would be foolish for him to go to UC.

UC!
Stardust Wrote:UC! Look it up.

I don't feel like it! But, you're wrong.
easyM Wrote:I don't feel like it! But, you're wrong.

He should be at UK. Hate losing state kids to other schools. Especially a top notch kid like him that can also play the game.
easyM Wrote:I don't feel like it! But, you're wrong.

Last three years: UK=5, UC=10

nuff said, you lose!
easyM Wrote:He should be at UK. Hate losing state kids to other schools. Especially a top notch kid like him that can also play the game.

He should be where it makes the most sense for his future, not someone's desire.
Stardust Wrote:Last three years: UK=5, UC=10

nuff said, you lose!

I figured up 5 in my head and they are still on rosters. Woodson, Burton, Johnson, Woodyard, and Jarmon. Did you see any others I did not mention?
easyM Wrote:I figured up 5 in my head and they are still on rosters. Woodson, Burton, Johnson, Woodyard, and Jarmon. Did you see any others I did not mention?

Sorry, but I think Woodson is no longer on an active roster!
2007 - 0
2008 - Tamme, Woodson, Burton and Johnson
2009 - Pryor
Stardust Wrote:2007 - 0
2008 - Tamme, Woodson, Burton and Johnson
2009 - Pryor

What about Woodyard and Jarmon?
We also can't overlook how the numbers obviously went down due to being on probation.
Stardust Wrote:2007 Draft by School: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/histo..._1:col_1=8

2008 Draft by School: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/histo..._1:col_1=8

2009 Draft: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker

Jarmon didn't get to go in the draft. He went in the supplemental draft after the steriods issue.
Not to get off topic too much but in the UK/UC comparison drafted players or players in the NFL from those teams over a certain span of time? Just because you are drafted does not mean you made the roster as the reverse is true. The only way to get a real answer is to look back over the rosters the past 3 years. In the end it would tak emore leg work than I am willing to do right now.

So from the links ago I would assume UC has had more players drafted into the NFL over the past 4 years. That does not translate completely to putting more players into the league over the past 3 years.
Stardust Wrote:He should be where it makes the most sense for his future, not someone's desire.

Glad you let me in on that. I guess you want him to go to UC because that's in his best interest and not in your desires?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I say everyone from greater cincy goes to UC and they create their own dynasty and that goes for Miles and AC too.

What dynasty?
I assume you're talking an individual dynasty because how on earth have they created a dynasty in Cincy?
barrel Wrote:Not to get off topic too much but in the UK/UC comparison drafted players or players in the NFL from those teams over a certain span of time? Just because you are drafted does not mean you made the roster as the reverse is true. The only way to get a real answer is to look back over the rosters the past 3 years. In the end it would tak emore leg work than I am willing to do right now.

So from the links ago I would assume UC has had more players drafted into the NFL over the past 4 years. That does not translate completely to putting more players into the league over the past 3 years.

You're exactly right on with this post. Plus, some was not drafted but tried out for teams and made it. I just don't know the names.
His athleticism is definitely D1 material, yet I can guarantee he won't be playing RB in college......too small
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:His athleticism is definitely D1 material, yet I can guarantee he won't be playing RB in college......too small

I haven't seen him play but one game and that was on tv. Just from watching him on there and looking at his size and speed he will more than likely be a db. I just wish it would be at UK. If he doesn't want to go there that's his right. I was just hoping UK could land him. Whatever his choice I wish him well. But still hoping he chooses UK.
Stardust Wrote:Any word on Bardo. Has the injury affected his choices? I'm assuming the plan was to have surgery after the season concluded?

Bardo is Cornell's top choice at QB as well as Georgetown Hoyas. He met with Harvard yesterday and is still talking with Northwestern, Middle Tennessee State, Western KY., Holy Cross and Dayton along with other schools.
I have been told his surgery is scheduled for this Friday and rehab begins the following day. I wish this kid the best of luck, he is truly a competitor to delay his surgery so he could finish the year out with his teammates.
MTSU would put him in the Air Raid system. That could be very interesting.
easyM Wrote:Glad you let me in on that. I guess you want him to go to UC because that's in his best interest and not in your desires?

Well Easy, where did I say anything about wanting AC to go to UC???????? You won't find it aywhere! Do be careful of what you post!
pigskin Wrote:Bardo is Cornell's top choice at QB as well as Georgetown Hoyas. He met with Harvard yesterday and is still talking with Northwestern, Middle Tennessee State, Western KY., Holy Cross and Dayton along with other schools.
I have been told his surgery is scheduled for this Friday and rehab begins the following day. I wish this kid the best of luck, he is truly a competitor to delay his surgery so he could finish the year out with his teammates.

This is awesome news. I am very glad to hear this about this young man.
easyM Wrote:You're exactly right on with this post. Plus, some was not drafted but tried out for teams and made it. I just don't know the names.

Yep, you are exactly right, UC had three guy's undrafted last year and two the year before that are on NFL rosters. Thanks for making this point!
Stardust Wrote:Well Easy, where did I say anything about wanting AC to go to UC???????? You won't find it aywhere! Do be careful of what you post!

If you want me to show you I can. Keep in mind to be careful what you say and then say you didn't.