Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands Austin Collinsworth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
any news on where he is going or wants to go????
Has not decided
He's going to Bowling Green to help Highlands defeat John Hardly in the 5A State Championship game. That's all he cares about right now, I'm sure!!
When is the deadline?
He's just a junior, isn't he? If I were him, I'd wait until the end of my senior football season to decide a college.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:He's just a junior, isn't he? .

nope he's a senior
Strikeout King Wrote:nope he's a senior

who mr football is it ac or miles or boyle county running back
rebel 4 life Wrote:who mr football is it ac or miles or boyle county running back

First off, please use proper punctuation and caps.

AC is not on the ballot for Mr. Football, which is a shocker.
Stardust Wrote:First off, please use proper punctuation and caps.

AC is not on the ballot for Mr. Football, which is a shocker.

Had he played injury free this season, he'd have been there. I'm sure he won't miss it. Last night was more than enough honors for him. 5A finals MVP and the man who led the Birds to #19 after being a huge part of #s 17 & 18. A career that legends are made of.:Thumbs:
Can you dig it? Wrote:Had he played injury free this season, he'd have been there. I'm sure he won't miss it. Last night was more than enough honors for him. 5A finals MVP and the man who led the Birds to #19 after being a huge part of #s 17 & 18. A career that legends are made of.:Thumbs:

I agree, but Miles didn't get pusnished for missing games early in the season
I know where I'd like to see him go... just across the Ohio River.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:I know where I'd like to see him go... just across the Ohio River.

Amen brother
If I had to guess. I would say he is going out west to a Pac 10 power. Could replace Gehart at Stanford. or play for Oregon
I say everyone from greater cincy goes to UC and they create their own dynasty and that goes for Miles and AC too.
My son talked to him at halftime of the championship game and he said he was going to either Kentucky or Oregon. He said he was leaning toward UK. I guess his mom and dad will help him decide. Sure would like to see him replacing Derrick Locke at UK.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I say everyone from greater cincy goes to UC and they create their own dynasty and that goes for Miles and AC too.

I like that thinking....:Thumbs:
adopted purple Wrote:My son talked to him at halftime of the championship game and he said he was going to either Kentucky or Oregon. He said he was leaning toward UK. I guess his mom and dad will help him decide. Sure would like to see him replacing Derrick Locke at UK.

I didn't recall Oregon being that high on his list
Any college plans announced yet??
I believe you'll have to wait until the Army All-Star game to get the scoop!
hhsnwildcats Wrote:If I had to guess. I would say he is going out west to a Pac 10 power. Could replace Gehart at Stanford. or play for Oregon

He is not big enough to replace Gehart in a power run game.
barrel Wrote:He is not big enough to replace Gehart in a power run game.

Collinsworth is stronger than you think. He is more than capable of running between the tackles. You also have to realize he's going to get bigger and stronger once he gets in to a college program.

whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I say everyone from greater cincy goes to UC and they create their own dynasty and that goes for Miles and AC too.

I'd love to see both Miles and AC end up at UC. If they want to win a championship, UC is the right pick. Hopefully Ben G is helping recruit both.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Collinsworth is stronger than you think. He is more than capable of running between the tackles. You also have to realize he's going to get bigger and stronger once he gets in to a college program.

I'd love to see both Miles and AC end up at UC. If they want to win a championship, UC is the right pick. Hopefully Ben G is helping recruit both.

Great post. It would be nice to see both of these kids stay. I guess it could hinge on the Notre Dame job. Looks like the leading candidates are planning for their game against each other. If this get's taken care of rather quickly, maybe we can finalize a lot of recruiting questions.
I understand he will get bigger and stronger in a college program. Gehart is a 30+ carry a game back. AC is not that type of back. I am not trying to take anything away from him. I am just saying the comparison or asking him to do the same things Gehart does/did is not going to work.

If he plays RB in college it will more in the lines of how teams use backs like a Reggie Bush. Lower amount of carries (along the same amount of carris per game as he did this year) but work to find other ways to get the back the ball such as screens and in the passing game.
barrel Wrote:I understand he will get bigger and stronger in a college program. Gehart is a 30+ carry a game back. AC is not that type of back. I am not trying to take anything away from him. I am just saying the comparison or asking him to do the same things Gehart does/did is not going to work.

If he plays RB in college it will more in the lines of how teams use backs like a Reggie Bush. Lower amount of carries (along the same amount of carris per game as he did this year) but work to find other ways to get the back the ball such as screens and in the passing game.

I understand where you're coming from but you also have to realize that AC didn't carry the ball more than 15 times a game because he simply didn't have to. Highlands also had Fennell, Streeter, and Bardo (late in the season) to split the carries with him.

It really depends on the program he goes to. Not many teams really use a power back anymore because the college game has changed to more of a pass first, spread type offense with high scoring. Austin is more than capable of carrying the ball 20+ times a game though. Let's not forget he just carried the rock 25 times for 176 yards in the state championship game.

He is the type of kid that will do anything to help his team. If that means carrying the ball 20+ times a game, that's what he'll do.
That is why he would do great at UK!
According to Highlands football coach Dale Mueller, senior running back Austin Collinsworth will not commit to a college at Tuesday’s press conference announcing his selection to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

According to Mueller, the Class 5A state finals MVP is planning to visit Harvard this weekend and Oregon next weekend.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2009/1...follow-up/
Here is Collinsworth College choices according to Rivals.

Cincinnati
Florida
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisville
Middle Tennessee State
Oregon
Stanford
Tennessee
UCLA
Vanderbilt
Western Kentucky
Pride and Football Wrote:Here is Collinsworth College choices according to Rivals.

Cincinnati
Florida
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisville
Middle Tennessee State
Oregon
Stanford
Tennessee
UCLA
Vanderbilt
Western Kentucky

They forgot Harvard.
They showed a clip of him during the Arizona Cardinals/Minnesota Vikings game last night. Cris Collinsworth was announcing the game. Is he Collinsworth's son?
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:They showed a clip of him during the Arizona Cardinals/Minnesota Vikings game last night. Cris Collinsworth was announcing the game. Is he Collinsworth's son?

Yes.
Pages: 1 2 3