Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell, Greenup, Raceland 2010 game
Congrats and good luck to your fine student/athletes you have, ThatsRight
RAMSPORTS Wrote:I agree, Reed,Reed,Ratliff,Tolliver,Blankenship are ones in Greenup district from what I have been told, all changed before varsity sports and these fine students wanted to excel in the classroom as well.

320+ students leaving Greenup tp go elsewhere........maybe the board needs to figure they need changes starting with themselves. Why not have a district kids try to get into, not leave.
Know for a fact Josh Reed transfer from McKell school to Raceland for sole reason to play Baseball for Raceland Varsity as a eight grader. If Josh would have stay at Greenup he would just now be making the Varsity team with limited playing time. Main reason for the change strictly Baseball period. Classroom had nothing to do with it. I can't speak for the other kids situations.:dontthink
I tkink you have your facts wrong when talking about kids like Reed and you need to talk to his Grandfather before you get on here and start bashing kids. He is a fine young man, if I could pick a role model for kids his grandfather and he would be at the top of the list! And Greenup can try to revoke the transfer thing but it was a mandated open law passed from frankfort, Greenup doesn't over rule the laws!:HitWall:
that's right Wrote:I tkink you have your facts wrong when talking about kids like Reed and you need to talk to his Grandfather before you get on here and start bashing kids. He is a fine young man, if I could pick a role model for kids his grandfather and he would be at the top of the list! And Greenup can try to revoke the transfer thing but it was a mandated open law passed from frankfort, Greenup doesn't over rule the laws!:HitWall:
You may need to get your facts right. I have talked to Greg Reed (Josh's Dad), you my friend may be talking about Marcus and his grandfather John Reed.:flush:
You are right, I was talking about Marcus, My Bad! I don't know the other kid, I just know that Marcus Reed seems to be a great kid. I need to read a little more careful!
Can't anyone ever stay on topic?
I have A.D.D....I will try but its hard.
RAMSPORTS Wrote:they may pass something like that....b ut like always it would have a "starting now" date, kids already there would stay. If a kid was an athlete and had to change to Greenup, they would never play for Copley anyway. Not that he's a bad guy or coach, just more than a few would ride Copley out of Greenup.
You don't have a clue as to what you are saying, Copley is happy with what he has returning, and the player's in middle school, and trust me no one wants to run him off, and the team next year will be real competive and stronger.
Kosar Wrote:Marcus Reed
Matt Bonzo and Justin Ratliff.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:After really thinking about it. How ridiculous is this? It's one of the most desperate things I have ever heard of. You lose all your players because your team isn't any good. So you go and try to pass something to keep the players at your school so your team can maybe win more than 2 games? :please::lmao:
We beat the Rams 7 years in a row, then the Rams won 4 yrs. and GC beat the Rams this season and we won 3 games, with the win over the Rams, special.:Clap:
Greenup should be able to beat Raceland and Russell, just the size of the schools. Really,anytime the Rams win against either of these schools,it is an upset. One of these days maybe there will be a deal like Spring Valley, Russell,Raceland and Fairview combine.....who knows.

There are many good kids and coaches at these schools, I root for our local teams against the rest of the state.

I think Rister just started 2 games at QB for Raceland, is this correct? http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb09/30313

I think it may have worked out for both Farley and Rister, I think everyone would agree Farley has a much stronger arm, and seemed a little better on the run.
I've played with mason for a few years and he is a good qb when he has a good line. he is quite accurate when he has time and he can be a threat. GC will prolly beat both raceland and russell next season. GC's team is going to be great. if u think about it, this year was a learning year for them. now they know all of the plays and will be able to execute much better.
I am sure Rister will do fine, who will be backup? I know Russell tried a few different QB's. Raceland will start Farley backups being Blankenship and Reed. Raceland loses alot to graduation, take a few years to rebuild.
Vince #8 Wrote:I've played with mason for a few years and he is a good qb when he has a good line. he is quite accurate when he has time and he can be a threat. GC will prolly beat both raceland and russell next season. GC's team is going to be great. if u think about it, this year was a learning year for them. now they know all of the plays and will be able to execute much better.
When was the last time that happened I wouldn't bank on beating both. I think Greenup should at least beat Russell first before they say they're probably going to beat them. I could see if it had been like 2 year since Greenups last win but its been almost 10 years.
old warrior Wrote:We beat the Rams 7 years in a row, then the Rams won 4 yrs. and GC beat the Rams this season and we won 3 games, with the win over the Rams, special.:Clap:

And everyone knows if you would've played us again around week 8 we would've beat you by at least 21. But I will give it to you 2 wins is special for Greenup nowadays.

And as far as that goes. Even if you beat us, you will never have a shot at winning your district or making it past week one of the playoffs!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:When was the last time that happened I wouldn't bank on beating both. I think Greenup should at least beat Russell first before they say they're probably going to beat them. I could see if it had been like 2 year since Greenups last win but its been almost 10 years.

:Thumbs: :devilflam
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:When was the last time that happened I wouldn't bank on beating both. I think Greenup should at least beat Russell first before they say they're probably going to beat them. I could see if it had been like 2 year since Greenups last win but its been almost 10 years.

Smackdown with a GC player now, GOREDDEVILS?

:blabbermo
Fly By Night Wrote:Smackdown with a GC player now, GOREDDEVILS?

:blabbermo
#8 was a senior on this years greenup team no longer a player but I don't care to talk smack because I know its almost a guarantee that the players back up my smack.:thanks:
Vince #8 Wrote:I've played with mason for a few years and he is a good qb when he has a good line. he is quite accurate when he has time and he can be a threat. GC will prolly beat both raceland and russell next season. GC's team is going to be great. if u think about it, this year was a learning year for them. now they know all of the plays and will be able to execute much better.

A good QB can make things happen when there is "no" line. Greenup only started to excell with the help of Carter it seems. Don't get me wrong, I root for Greenup when they are not playing Russell and I do see a bright future ahead of them but I don't see any local teams turning any heads withing the next 2 years.
And he is NOT a good QB!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:#8 was a senior on this years greenup team no longer a player but I don't care to talk smack because I know its almost a guarantee that the players back up my smack.:thanks:

Is it ok for you to talk smack on here because you are a "V.I.P. Member"?

:igiveup:

No longer a player, but still a high school student. Smackdown on high school students?

:dontthink
Fly By Night Wrote:Is it ok for you to talk smack on here because you are a "V.I.P. Member"?

:igiveup:

No longer a player, but still a high school student. Smackdown on high school students?

:dontthink
high school student or not I don't care he is old enough to take the heat i'd say if he isn't already 18 he will be this coming year.
RAMSPORTS Wrote:I am sure Rister will do fine, who will be backup? I know Russell tried a few different QB's. Raceland will start Farley backups being Blankenship and Reed. Raceland loses alot to graduation, take a few years to rebuild.
Mason Rister will probaly not get the starting nod at qb., Jordan Hamilton will be the qb. unless Rister really steps it up.:rockon:
Ram Fan04 Wrote:And everyone knows if you would've played us again around week 8 we would've beat you by at least 21. But I will give it to you 2 wins is special for Greenup nowadays.

And as far as that goes. Even if you beat us, you will never have a shot at winning your district or making it past week one of the playoffs!

Same problem the Rams have , you can not get past your region, LCA, like northern KY. use to dominate you all.:dontthink
At least we can make it to the region. Heck at least we can make it past the first round!!(Not intended towards devils fans, this was one of the very few years the devils had a quick exit.)

Until you hav a better season than .500 and a district title within the past 5 years you have no room to put down any team!
Ram Fan04 Wrote:At least we can make it to the region. Heck at least we can make it past the first round!!(Not intended towards devils fans, this was one of the very few years the devils had a quick exit.)

Until you hav a better season than .500 and a district title within the past 5 years you have no room to put down any team!
GC won a district title two years ago.
old warrior Wrote:Mason Rister will probaly not get the starting nod at qb., Jordan Hamilton will be the qb. unless Rister really steps it up.:rockon:

Wrong
Rister may be a better fit for GC offense. His stats for 2 games at Raceland against GC and Fleming Co.http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb09/30313
I hope Rister the best in his senior year at Greenup, but, When some people say he didn't have a line at Raceland; what a joke, it's as good as line around these parts! Fraley was only sacked two times all year and they were caused from a missed block by backs! Ratliff and Bonzo have been at Raceland since jr. high and haven't really got to play yet, I think if Ratliff comes back next year to play and works on the hands he'll be a force to be dealt with, he is a hard worker and runs great patterns! He's a coaches dream in practice. As for who beats who next year will depend on the off season work, and that's a fact!
I seen where people posted on various sites that Rister is D1 or D2 football player, now somebody says he can't win GC QB job. WOW:flame: