Poll: Who Wins???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County Engineers
72.00%
Powell County Pirates
28.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County @ Powell County 10/23
EROCK Wrote:This thread was started for the FOOTBALL game Friday night. Let's get back on topic please.

i don't know how basketball got brought up in the first place.
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:i guarentee that estill wont beat powell in bball this year....and if i remember correctly.....powell went on a win streak against estill about 10 years back and they won about 5 or 6 straight games....yes estill has been better than powell the past couple of years....but its all soon to be history just like every other year...and in basketball.....before last year how long was it since estill beat powell in basketball
TongueirateSho:ChairHit:

Please explain to me how you can guarantee that? Powell might be better this year but they still have a little more improving to do.
I believe this game is won on the offensive line. Coach Tony Burchett knows his offensive line, ask Johnson Central's about their line for past couple years.

PC - 22
EC - 21
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I believe this game is won on the offensive line. Coach Tony Burchett knows his offensive line, ask Johnson Central's about their line for past couple years.

PC - 22
EC - 21

I will say it will be a good game. I will also say that Estills Coach Russ Swim is a great line coach. I feel he is one of the top line coaches in the state. It will be a very interesting game.
Lucky13 Wrote:With that logic I've got some questions.
How down is Estill? Down from last year? Yes, but just how down are they?
Does that mean Powell County is up? Did the Jackson or Magoffin win prove they were up?

Both teams are without a doubt, Down from their previous seasons. Powells Jackson Co. Win proved nothing. Not sure about Estills W over Magoffin? But the way i look at it is, This rivalry is to intense, to lose on ur home field. Powell has to much pride. Works the same way with both teams. I believe powell is talented enuff o beat Estill. If tht will happen, noone knos.
Ky313 Wrote:Both teams are without a doubt, Down from their previous seasons. Powells Jackson Co. Win proved nothing. Not sure about Estills W over Magoffin? But the way i look at it is, This rivalry is to intense, to lose on ur home field. Powell has to much pride. Works the same way with both teams. I believe powell is talented enuff o beat Estill. If tht will happen, noone knos.

Ok, much more clear, I can understand that logic. :Thumbs:
Lucky13 Wrote:With that logic I've got some questions.
How down is Estill? Down from last year? Yes, but just how down are they?
Does that mean Powell County is up? Did the Jackson or Magoffin win prove they were up?

courtdog Wrote:Estill Co could beat this team anywere in the state but it being in Powell Co were it' know for home cooking.Might be harded but how long has it been since Powell has beaten Estill co in any sport.

Not that long bro, and Times are changen to.
Lucky13 Wrote:Estill has been beating Powell in basketball very regularly since about 2004, before that when when Jeremy Jones was still playing Powell had built a pretty good streak, that was when Estill was still in the 10th region, and Powell was in the 14th. I'm not positive but I don't believe Powell has won more than two or three games since 2006.

in 06-07 powell beat estill all three times they met.
But havent beat them since.
this is about FOOTBALL, Not BASKETBALL. if you wanna talk about basketball then take it to the basketball forum.