Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County @ Powell County 10/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
thoughts/predictions???

Rivalry Game (Powell's Senior Night)

Estill County
Estill will win because of DEFENSE.Estill 35-21
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Estill will win because of DEFENSE.Estill 35-21
Agree defense is a problem for Powell. Must have some stops to win this game. You never know.
PC
Estill
Estill County is gonna win this one! It should be a decent game though.
Estill-38
Powell-24
Estill
The train will roll through Stanton.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The train will roll through Stanton.

Yeah, when you see Powell Co. on your schedule, W's start going through your mind.
You can't argue with history but Powell starts sophomores or freshmen in 15 positions on offense and defense. History could change soon.
neverwas Wrote:You can't argue with history but Powell starts sophomores or freshmen in 15 positions on offense and defense. History could change soon.

Good logic, but Estill is very inexperienced as well, they should continue to improve for at least another two years.
If Powell loses, does that make them the number 3 seed? If so, they may very well be traveling to Taylor County again because TCHS will be no worse than a 3 seed in district 6, 2 seed if they beat an average at best Wayne County team. Any team that plays seeds 2-3 in both districts have a great chance of pulling off a win.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:If Powell loses, does that make them the number 3 seed? If so, they may very well be traveling to Taylor County again because TCHS will be no worse than a 3 seed in district 6, 2 seed if they beat an average at best Wayne County team. Any team that plays seeds 2-3 in both districts have a great chance of pulling off a win.
Wasn't aware that Garrard lost to Taylor. So if Wayne beats Taylor Wayne would be the 2 Taylor the 3 and Garrard the 4. If Taylor beats Wayne Taylor the 2 Wayne the 3 and Garrard the 4. Correct me if I'm wrong but Somerset is a lock at #1 and Garrard is a lock at #4?
so how would the playoffs work??? who plays who???
Powell will definatley NOT lose to a down Estill team on their home field. Just won't happen, Sorry.
Ky313 Wrote:Powell will definatley NOT lose to a down Estill team on their home field. Just won't happen, Sorry.

With that logic I've got some questions.
How down is Estill? Down from last year? Yes, but just how down are they?
Does that mean Powell County is up? Did the Jackson or Magoffin win prove they were up?
Estill Co could beat this team anywere in the state but it being in Powell Co were it' know for home cooking.Might be harded but how long has it been since Powell has beaten Estill co in any sport.
courtdog Wrote:Estill Co could beat this team anywere in the state but it being in Powell Co were it' know for home cooking.Might be harded but how long has it been since Powell has beaten Estill co in any sport.

this is powell's senior night too.....Powell beat Estill this year in Volleyball
Powell had a pretty good volleyball year....there 17-8 and are in the District Semi-Finals! but Estill also had a good Volleyball year, the best Volleyball year that ive seen there
courtdog Wrote:Estill Co could beat this team anywere in the state but it being in Powell Co were it' know for home cooking.Might be harded but how long has it been since Powell has beaten Estill co in any sport.

i guarentee that estill wont beat powell in bball this year....and if i remember correctly.....powell went on a win streak against estill about 10 years back and they won about 5 or 6 straight games....yes estill has been better than powell the past couple of years....but its all soon to be history just like every other year...and in basketball.....before last year how long was it since estill beat powell in basketball
TongueirateSho:ChairHit:
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:i guarentee that estill wont beat powell in bball this year....and if i remember correctly.....powell went on a win streak against estill about 10 years back and they won about 5 or 6 straight games....yes estill has been better than powell the past couple of years....but its all soon to be history just like every other year...and in basketball.....before last year how long was it since estill beat powell in basketball

Estill beat Powell in 07/08 3 times. including for the District Championship. Estill also beat powell twice last year
i'll be at the game in Powell Co Friday to watch the neers,
This should be a highly contested game between these two teams trying to get the second seed. I do think that Estill will come out ontop though. After watching both teams play Breathitt, Estill gave us more problumes that what Powell did.
courtdog Wrote:i'll be at the game in Powell Co Friday to watch the neers,

i will also be there
I think the neers will pull out the win... They just can't get cocky and go in thinking the game is won because that's been the outcome 3 years in a row. I'm really proud of this team... Not only are we a very young team this year, but most of our starters got very limited playing time last year... Keep up the good work boys, and the payoff will be there
the engineers arent as good as they were last year.....they lost alot of talent and i dont beleive theyll be that good again for awhile.......they beat powell pretty good last year and it hurt ecspecially being my senior season....but powell isnt as good as they were last year either.....i believe its a toss up.....who ever shows up determined and ready to play will win
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:i guarentee that estill wont beat powell in bball this year....and if i remember correctly.....powell went on a win streak against estill about 10 years back and they won about 5 or 6 straight games....yes estill has been better than powell the past couple of years....but its all soon to be history just like every other year...and in basketball.....before last year how long was it since estill beat powell in basketball

Estill has been beating Powell in basketball very regularly since about 2004, before that when when Jeremy Jones was still playing Powell had built a pretty good streak, that was when Estill was still in the 10th region, and Powell was in the 14th. I'm not positive but I don't believe Powell has won more than two or three games since 2006.
Lucky13 Wrote:Estill has been beating Powell in basketball very regularly since about 2004, before that when when Jeremy Jones was still playing Powell had built a pretty good streak, that was when Estill was still in the 10th region, and Powell was in the 14th. I'm not positive but I don't believe Powell has won more than two or three games since 2006.

powell beat us 3 times in 06/07. which they should have only beaten us twice instead of 3 times. we should have beaten them in districts. powell should have a decent year...i doubt they beating us but they should win some games.

since 04/05 we are (vs Powell Co) 9-4 (under Coach Tiller)
This thread was started for the FOOTBALL game Friday night. Let's get back on topic please.
EROCK Wrote:This thread was started for the FOOTBALL game Friday night. Let's get back on topic please.

Thank you EROCK. Who really cares bout B-ball in a football thread.:dontthink
Pages: 1 2