Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
69.79%
Johnson Central
30.21%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Johnson Central 10/9
And I thought the Greenup County vs Lawrence County thread was alot of trash talking, I'm going back over there where it is safe. :argue:
old warrior Wrote:And I thought the Greenup County vs Lawrence County thread was alot of trash talking, I'm going back over there where it is safe. :argue:
that is probably a good idea lol buy hey its the hatred and intensity in this rivalry that makes it so much fun
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:that is probably a good idea lol buy hey its the hatred and intensity in this rivalry that makes it so much fun

I think this all started way back in a playoff game at Putnam Stadium, when an apparant field goal by JC looked good, but was called no good by the referee, if anyone remembers this, please post the year, I did'nt get the old in Old Warrior for nothing. :thanks:
Well it was not a playoff game but was for the number one seed in the district and the year was 2005
Give credit where credit's due. Hats off to Coach Hart! The spread offense Ashand runs this year is about as fun an offense to watch as I have ever seen. Even if one is familiar with the offense its' really tough to say where the play is going. Better yet, its' really tough to try to guess whether it is a pass or a run! If you love football you have to love this year's edition of the Tomcats. Sorry Eagles fans no scouting reports here but, hopefully you'll get to see some of what I'm talking about Friday night. The Cats aren't taking any backwater on D either, giving up only 10-11 pts. per game avg.

Tust me, nobody associated with the team is going to take JC for granted. They know that they are going to get your best possible shot. JMO. Looking forward to a visit to your famous concessions and your hospitality. But I can't wait for the coin toss! Good luck and rack'em up! I hope both teams come off the field injury free.

ASHLAND -36
JC -13
It honestly baffles me how people can even come close to saying jc will win. Who has jc beaten that has been as good as ashland?...Nobody, Ashland has beaten ironton and belfry, both of which are better then jc, and possibly even waverly who has a div 1 prospect at quaterback. And he was in the dirt more often then he was in the pocket. In all honesty nobody has any reason to think jc will win. Of course the game is at jc and it is a rivalry so the scoreboard might not show all this intill the second half, but none the less the cats will remain perfect.
football4life606 Wrote:It honestly baffles me how people can even come close to saying jc will win. Who has jc beaten that has been as good as ashland?...Nobody, Ashland has beaten ironton and belfry, both of which are better then jc, and possibly even waverly who has a div 1 prospect at quaterback. And he was in the dirt more often then he was in the pocket. In all honesty nobody has any reason to think jc will win. Of course the game is at jc and it is a rivalry so the scoreboard might not show all this intill the second half, but none the less the cats will remain perfect.

After reading all the posts on here you may have asked the best question of all. Who has JC beaten that is as good as Ashland? The answer is no one. I'll give you the fact that Ashland is undefeated, but looking at their schedule they have 1 ( one ) quality win on the season. That would be Ironton, Ohio, which is a good win any year you can pull it off.
Waverly Ohio isn't nearly as good this year as years past, same goes for Belfry. Ashland hasn't really played the schedule that JC has played there for it's hard for me to really know if JC is a good football team. Looking at the way JC has competed against Boyle, Bell and the Mississippi team it would lead one to believe Ashland would be a 2 to 3 TD favorite. I don't think Ashland could compete with Boyle, Bell or the Miss. team either so the only thing I can go on is the win over Ironton that would push the advantage somewhat in Ashland's favor. I guess we will have to wait until Friday night to see if Ashland's is as good as advertised. I think most Ashland posters feel as if Ashland dosen't come in the the Nest and beat JC by 3 TD's their season has been a downer. Good luck to both teams and hope it's an injury free game.
kyrifle Wrote:After reading all the posts on here you may have asked the best question of all. Who has JC beaten that is as good as Ashland? The answer is no one. I'll give you the fact that Ashland is undefeated, but looking at their schedule they have 1 ( one ) quality win on the season. That would be Ironton, Ohio, which is a good win any year you can pull it off.
Waverly Ohio isn't nearly as good this year as years past, same goes for Belfry. Ashland hasn't really played the schedule that JC has played there for it's hard for me to really know if JC is a good football team. Looking at the way JC has competed against Boyle, Bell and the Mississippi team it would lead one to believe Ashland would be a 2 to 3 TD favorite. I don't think Ashland could compete with Boyle, Bell or the Miss. team either so the only thing I can go on is the win over Ironton that would push the advantage somewhat in Ashland's favor. I guess we will have to wait until Friday night to see if Ashland's is as good as advertised. I think most Ashland posters feel as if Ashland dosen't come in the the Nest and beat JC by 3 TD's their season has been a downer. Good luck to both teams and hope it's an injury free game.

Thing is this tomcat team keeps getting it done the waverly kid was a stud at qb they were also 3-1 and had a 6'5 wr as well belfry played an undefeated prestonsburg team tough beat a good letcher county team and the game was @ belfry where teams go to lose so you'll take the win when you can get it plus beating russell @ russell where the devils have only lost twice in 4 years I do believe. this ashland team Is every bit the real deal
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Thing is this tomcat team keeps getting it done the waverly kid was a stud at qb they were also 3-1 and had a 6'5 wr as well belfry played an undefeated prestonsburg team tough beat a good letcher county team and the game was @ belfry where teams go to lose so you'll take the win when you can get it plus beating russell @ russell where the devils have only lost twice in 4 years I do believe. this ashland team Is every bit the real deal

I'll be sure to check the scores on Sat. morning to see what happened in this game. The winner of this game will probably win the district with the other the runner up, no disrespectg to Montgomery and Woodford, is it possible that these two teams would meet again this year, if so where would the game be played.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Well, there goes the humility Kimball pre-maturely credited.

And would someone PLEASE, teach some punctuation.
20 posts = Alot.
Hundred lines = Again, alot.
ONE period, (and it was in the wrong place,) = PRICELESS

Unbelievable. Seriously.

This is what's "PRICELESS"....:Clap:

"Alot" isn’t a word.
"A lot" functions as an adjective, and "allot" is a verb.
If you’re not sure what you should use, ask yourself if you’re looking to put a verb or an adjective in your sentence. Good luck!

I'll take Ashland in a close one.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:that is probably a good idea lol buy hey its the hatred and intensity in this rivalry that makes it so much fun

No hate here. I didnt bring up all this stuff, I was simply stating my opinion about the game. When "kimble brought up the history lesson" he said it was just for fun! Well it didnt seem fun for him anymore when I wanted to have fun to, thats where he started calling all the names fool ,child ,crybaby , dumb, etc... sooo I guess the moral of the story is he can dish it out but he cant take it! But either way however he or they want it, is fine by me. I 'll have a good time no matter what.

btw for the record I never called the players for jc backward *** country boyz oh no that was all for Mrs. Kimble an company! Every time we have played them they were always good sports on the field as far as I could tell.
:lmao:
Magnum PI Wrote:This is what's "PRICELESS"....:Clap:

Originally Posted by Ring'Em Up [B]
Well, there goes the humility Kimball pre-maturely credited.

And would someone PLEASE, teach some punctuation.
20 posts = Alot.
Hundred lines = Again, alot.
ONE period, (and it was in the wrong place,) = PRICELESS

Unbelievable. Seriously.

[B]"Alot" isn’t a word.

"A lot" functions as an adjective, and "allot" is a verb.
If you’re not sure what you should use, ask yourself if you’re looking to put a verb or an adjective in your sentence. Good luck!

I'll take Ashland in a close one.

:lmao::lmao::Clap:
I will take Johnson in a close one. Good luck to both teams.
kyrifle Wrote:I'll be sure to check the scores on Sat. morning to see what happened in this game. The winner of this game will probably win the district with the other the runner up, no disrespectg to Montgomery and Woodford, is it possible that these two teams would meet again this year, if so where would the game be played.

If they do meet it would be in week 3 of the playoffs.which means highlands would have to lose and that's not happening but if they played it would be played at whichever team had the higher seed
jc in a close game..jc has to hold on to the football tho if they want a chance to win...still think there the underdog, and pretty much have been all year long..haha
And not talking about anyone in particular badcat lol just the dislike between these to schools makes it fun if there is one game I want more than any other every year its this one its becoming the best rivalry in eastern ky
As a former tcat myself, I am very proud to say that Ashland is a powerhouse this year, and if jc and Ashlands records were different and jc was the undefeated team all you jc ppl on here wouldnt give the cats a chance. Its obviously a different ashland team then in past years, so stop fooling yourselfs jc, this friday we all know that the cats are going to win regardless of the score. my prediction........ Ashland wins haha
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:If they do meet it would be in week 3 of the playoffs.which means highlands would have to lose and that's not happening but if they played it would be played at whichever team had the higher seed
That is interesting, it is hard to beat a team once, but twice would be nice.:Thumbs:
I just realized that the combined record of JC's two wins is 3-10. I know they have lost to some good teams, but they haven't beaten an average team either. Knowing JC vs Ashland, JC will give it their best shot. All this said JC would have to play a perfect game to beat the Tomcats, and perfect games are rare. Ashland 32 - JC 14.
BADCAT74 Wrote:No hate here. I didnt bring up all this stuff, I was simply stating my opinion about the game. When "kimble brought up the history lesson" he said it was just for fun! Well it didnt seem fun for him anymore when I wanted to have fun to, thats where he started calling all the names fool ,child ,crybaby , dumb, etc... sooo I guess the moral of the story is he can dish it out but he cant take it! But either way however he or they want it, is fine by me. I 'll have a good time no matter what.

btw for the record I never called the players for jc backward *** country boyz oh no that was all for Mrs. Kimble an company! Every time we have played them they were always good sports on the field as far as I could tell.

lol.....Oh , I can take it pal. I'm the one that's having the fun. Your just not smart enough to figure it out.
I think Central will pull the upset. Just to be different lol
Mr.Kimball Wrote:lol.....Oh , I can take it pal. I'm the one that's having the fun. Your just not smart enough to figure it out.

You sure bout that... What ever helps you sleep at night Mrs. Kimble, I wouldve swore I was getting to ya... guess you got nothing better to do with your time than trash the badcat. Sure hope you are doing this from work like me, an not on your own time.... Cause... Well.. That would be so pathetic you know to not have a life an all you have to doin your free time is get on here! Don't get me wrong I enjoy it but not on my time sitting in front of a computer in a stupor? (Marginal consciousness). See y'all Friday
lol
Its amazing to me how i read all these posts and learn nothing! It seems no one truly knows what is going to happen because that is the reason they play on friday nights. If JC wins i will be truly excited but if they lose i will be alright. Some of you guys from both sides need to take a step back and realize this is high school football and not the rush to find a cure for H1N1. Go EAGLES!!! Life will go on either way.
Im gonna say Ashland pulls this one off, yes jc has played some good teams, but from what I have gathered they were not that competitive, the teams they beat, well, have a combined record of 3-10, thats a little less than anybody should brag about. and face it, its easy to make excuses, fumbles, mud cleats, goal posts to tight....maybe the games would have been a little closer, but the outcome remains the same. good luck to both teams, I am looking forward to watching a game on jc's freaking awesome field. havent been there since gosh...2000 i guess. whats on the menu down there anyways. Ive been hearing about some good hamburgers??? BADCAT......Here I am!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:lol.....Oh , I can take it pal. I'm the one that's having the fun. Your just not smart enough to figure it out.

the last time i checked this is a football forum, not a chat room, both of you are being immature, and its taking other peoples attetion on this forum includiing mine from the game.
Elm street Wrote:Im gonna say Ashland pulls this one off, yes jc has played some good teams, but from what I have gathered they were not that competitive, the teams they beat, well, have a combined record of 3-10, thats a little less than anybody should brag about. and face it, its easy to make excuses, fumbles, mud cleats, goal posts to tight....maybe the games would have been a little closer, but the outcome remains the same. good luck to both teams, I am looking forward to watching a game on jc's freaking awesome field. havent been there since gosh...2000 i guess. whats on the menu down there anyways. Ive been hearing about some good hamburgers??? BADCAT......Here I am!

Where ya been elm street?
aww you know, here and there!
I'll take ASHLAND 48 JC 21 just 47 hours till kickoff cant wait. GO CATS!!!!!!!!
The food is freakin sweet i think im gonna go just to watch i tend to go when we have an away game that we should win Plus i like to watch some of the awesome teams they bring in.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next