Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
69.79%
Johnson Central
30.21%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Johnson Central 10/9
A_Ray #5 :];842366 Wrote:JC is a really good team. We beat them at home. If your going to reply on this post about them fumbling the ball 1000 times is the only reason my SC team won. Then just don't worry about it. They fumbled cause we knocked their ****$ hard. They were soft against us. I think Ashland wins this one.

Yes SC beat us but if we were to play 10 times JC would win 7. We fumbled 12 times against SC and recovered five. On seven of those fumbles the ball carrier wasn't even touched. Either way it doesn't look good on us but i just wanted to set the story straight. If we play ashland the way we played SC we will get blown out of our own house because they are much better than SC.
[quote=Bleed Black&Gold]Yes SC beat us but if we were to play 10 times JC would win 7. We fumbled 12 times against SC and recovered five. On seven of those fumbles the ball carrier wasn't even touched. Either way it doesn't look good on us but i just wanted to set the story straight. If we play ashland the way we played SC we will get blown out of our own house because they are much better than SC.[/QUOT

Do you think we played good? Not quite. JC doesn't win 7 times. I think we have the edge. Your running backs humped up. Didn't want to run the ball any more. Yes you fumbled the ball alot but that could be due to someone being in the backfield all night long. We blew assignments during that whole game and if that wasn't the case i don't really think they would've scored the TDs they did. Ashland is probley a better team. We are 3a they are 5a on paper they are supposed to beat us. But facts of life 22-14 :]
I really dont care a whole lot for Ashland but I see them rollin this year.
I'm glad the game will be settled on the field. According to SOME internet posters, their players can walk on water, cure cancer and perform other miracles. When the KIDS step between the lines, we will know if Tanner Bratton or another defender can stop Alber. We will know if our line controls their line or vise versa. We will know who has the best running game. I pray for a game where no players from EITHER team gets injured, all players perform to their capability and the game will be decided on the field by the players and coaches. Win or lose, I will be cheering the Eagles.
I think they actually did cure cancer!:eyeroll: you guys just can't stand that your team is 2-4, guess old habits really do die hard!Confusedhh:
BADCAT74 Wrote:I think they actually did cure cancer!:eyeroll: you guys just can't stand that your team is 2-4, guess old habits really do die hard!Confusedhh:

I am finally understanding why Boyd County, Fairview, Russell, Raceland, Greenup County and some others hate you guys.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Throw the records out the window. This one will be a barn-burner. Matney has had the Tomcats’ number recently and he will have his team ready for war. You can count on that. The Tomcats better be ready to play their best game.

It’s hard to know how good the Tomcats are this year. The Belfry and Ironton wins are their best quality wins so far. This will be their first 5A game. We’ll have a better gauge after this one.

If Ashland plays with the same intensity and focus they had in the Ironton game, I think they can win.

Ashland squeaks out a win at the Nest this year. :popcorn:
To be honest I am not a fan of either team but I hope that Ashland wins.
I am a hardcore fan but my god are you guys insane. I meant no disrespect to SC with my previous post and I hope Ashland does well against everyone but my eagles. I am someone who truly speaks what I believe to be the truth and I don't think Ashland is that much better than JC if they are at all and i don't mean that in a negative light toward anyone. Can Ashland beat JC, yes they can. But can JC beat Ashland as well, I believe so. I hate people who simply because they are a fan believe their team is unstoppable. Over the past five years i never claimed we were unbeatable because I knew we were. So until Ashland, SC, or JC become a true threat to win a state title year after year all of their fans need to look in the mirror and realize how good their teams really are in the big scheme of things. Districts titles are great but many teams can claim that every year when only 6 can claim to be state champion which should be the ultimate goal of all the above teams. See highlands, Central, or Belfry as an example. Great teams year after year and always are a threat. Wow i feel better now.
Graybeard Wrote:Throw the records out the window. This one will be a barn-burner. Matney has had the Tomcats’ number recently and he will have his team ready for war. You can count on that. The Tomcats better be ready to play their best game.

It’s hard to know how good the Tomcats are this year. The Belfry and Ironton wins are their best quality wins so far. This will be their first 5A game. We’ll have a better gauge after this one.

If Ashland plays with the same intensity and focus they had in the Ironton game, I think they can win.

Hey, glad to see you on wonder over to this site!!!!

Just so all know, there is no classier poster than this Ashland fan. Sorta the anti-BAD CAT.
:Thumbs:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Hey, glad to see you on wonder over to this site!!!!

Just so all know, there is no classier poster than this Ashland fan. Sorta the anti-BAD CAT.
I agree completely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This one will be close just because it is Ashland/JC. But i'm still taking the Tomcats in an undefeated regular season!
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:I am a hardcore fan but my god are you guys insane. I meant no disrespect to SC with my previous post and I hope Ashland does well against everyone but my eagles. I am someone who truly speaks what I believe to be the truth and I don't think Ashland is that much better than JC if they are at all and i don't mean that in a negative light toward anyone. Can Ashland beat JC, yes they can. But can JC beat Ashland as well, I believe so. I hate people who simply because they are a fan believe their team is unstoppable. Over the past five years i never claimed we were unbeatable because I knew we were. So until Ashland, SC, or JC become a true threat to win a state title year after year all of their fans need to look in the mirror and realize how good their teams really are in the big scheme of things. Districts titles are great but many teams can claim that every year when only 6 can claim to be state champion which should be the ultimate goal of all the above teams. See highlands, Central, or Belfry as an example. Great teams year after year and always are a threat. Wow i feel better now.
Good post! I feel the same way. LC used to have a great program and after CHUKE left it went to he11! The kids got use to losing year after year. Just like they say "MISERY BRINGS COMPANY". I hope we got a coach to turn it around. Good luck to both teams.
Graybeard Wrote:Throw the records out the window. This one will be a barn-burner. Matney has had the Tomcats’ number recently and he will have his team ready for war. You can count on that. The Tomcats better be ready to play their best game.

unfortunatley this is the last test until the 2nd or 3rd week of the playoffs for this tomcat team i hate this being the district opener instead of the end of the season and the belfry win looks better than it did in week three
and it seems when you go play at jc somehow things dont go our way

Ring'Em Up Wrote:I agree completely.

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words. I have nothing but respect for what JC has accomplished on the football field in recent years. Your team, coach and fans got my respect the old fashioned way - they earned it!

Ashland needs to win a few games to hold up their side of this "rivalry". We have a very intense rivalry with Russell. But to have a real rivalry with anyone, both sides have to win sometimes. Here's to hoping the Tomcats get a much needed win this year to rev this one up.

Isn't that ironic you judging class?? You really should stop with all the comliments I'm starting sto blush!Confusedhh::lmao:
jc defence is playing their A game and if abner some how gets past them god help him he is looking at the beast tanner & ousley everyone on the team is pumped for this game they know it will be a dog fight at the end the eagle WINS
Jc 21 ashland 7
BADCAT74 Wrote:Isn't that ironic you judging class?? You really should stop with all the comliments I'm starting sto blush!Confusedhh::lmao:

Pretty defensive, considering that Kimball was responding to a poster other than yourself. Why don't you grow up or shut up?

Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
Enough of the personal attacks and keep the next week of this thread directly on the game.
eagle Wrote:jc defence is playing their A game and if abner some how gets past them god help him he is looking at the beast tanner & ousley everyone on the team is pumped for this game they know it will be a dog fight at the end the eagle WINS

Is Ousley also a wrestler (215 pound weight class)? If this is the same guy he is a pretty big boy. I've watched him wrestle my youngest son and Trent Hardy the last two winters. He's a classy kid, I hope he has a good game - just not too good. :biggrin:
Graybeard Wrote:Is Ousley also a wrestler (215 pound weight class)? If this is the same guy he is a pretty big boy. I've watched him wrestle my youngest son and Trent Hardy the last two winters. He's a classy kid, I hope he has a good game - just not too good. :biggrin:
Apparently you've got a pretty good sized hoss yourself.:biggrin:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Apparently you've got a pretty good sized hoss yourself.:biggrin:

Both my sons are at UK this year. So, I don't have a "dog in the fight" any longer. :graduate: My youngest was the Tomcat center for the last two years, My oldest was the QB in 2004 and 2005. My youngest wrestled 215 as a junior, but he cut weight to wrestle 189 as a senior last winter (so he's not as big as he once was).

Trent Hardy wrestled 215 for Ashland last year. I'm pretty sure Ousley was JC's 215 two years ago - but, he may have been their Heavy Weight last year (but I remember clearly that he was a classy kid). I'll go on record saying that most JC players are very classy. Richardson (JC's star RB last year) is currently pledging my oldest son's fraternity at UK (my oldest is the pledge trainer). It's a small world and it's all good. :Thumbs:

Trent Hardy (Jr) wears number 74 this year and plays on our O and D lines. He has had several sacks this year and is very atheletic. He is my "adopted" Tomcat now that my nest is empty. Keep your eye on Hardy - you won't be disappointed.
A_Ray #5 :];842943 Wrote:[QUOTE=Bleed Black&Gold]Yes SC beat us but if we were to play 10 times JC would win 7. We fumbled 12 times against SC and recovered five. On seven of those fumbles the ball carrier wasn't even touched. Either way it doesn't look good on us but i just wanted to set the story straight. If we play ashland the way we played SC we will get blown out of our own house because they are much better than SC.[/QUOT

Do you think we played good? Not quite. JC doesn't win 7 times. I think we have the edge. Your running backs humped up. Didn't want to run the ball any more. Yes you fumbled the ball alot but that could be due to someone being in the backfield all night long. We blew assignments during that whole game and if that wasn't the case i don't really think they would've scored the TDs they did. Ashland is probley a better team. We are 3a they are 5a on paper they are supposed to beat us. But facts of life 22-14 :]

Neither teams had perfect games. Aray is right. JC was soft. I know that has been said by people on JC's staff as well. I always root for JC but this year they just was not as good as SC. You also have to remember Ashland used to play SC. SC held more than their own in that series too.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:I am a hardcore fan but my god are you guys insane. I meant no disrespect to SC with my previous post and I hope Ashland does well against everyone but my eagles. I am someone who truly speaks what I believe to be the truth and I don't think Ashland is that much better than JC if they are at all and i don't mean that in a negative light toward anyone. Can Ashland beat JC, yes they can. But can JC beat Ashland as well, I believe so. I hate people who simply because they are a fan believe their team is unstoppable. Over the past five years i never claimed we were unbeatable because I knew we were. So until Ashland, SC, or JC become a true threat to win a state title year after year all of their fans need to look in the mirror and realize how good their teams really are in the big scheme of things. Districts titles are great but many teams can claim that every year when only 6 can claim to be state champion which should be the ultimate goal of all the above teams. See highlands, Central, or Belfry as an example. Great teams year after year and always are a threat. Wow i feel better now.
Its going to be hard for JC as long as Highlands is in their class. Just like it was hard for SC and Belfry when Highlands was in their class. However Belfry found their success after getting away from Highlands.
THOMCAT Wrote:Pretty defensive, considering that Kimball was responding to a poster other than yourself. Why don't you grow up or shut up?

Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:

Then keep my name OUT of it!!!!!!!!! TOMCAT (gotta say luv that name):biggrin:
BADCAT74 Wrote:I think they actually did cure cancer!:eyeroll: you guys just can't stand that your team is 2-4, guess old habits really do die hard!Confusedhh:

Are you a player,fan or parent? Hope you don't mind my asking.
BADCAT74 Wrote:I'll tell you what makes you go Wow, is when everytime you look that kid (senior) is there whether it's a slober knocker or not point is he IS an impact player along with all those SUPER SOPHMORES! Hunter/Whetsel/Withrow/Rogers/Prichard/ too many to list. :biggrin:

From a Ashland neutral - Alber stands out from All of the others. With such an impact player he makes the others look better than they otherwise would. Hunter is small. Whetsel is punkish. Russell will beat this team the next 2 years. GOOD LUCK JC! :devilflam
eagle Wrote:jc defence is playing their A game and if abner some how gets past them god help him he is looking at the beast tanner & ousley everyone on the team is pumped for this game they know it will be a dog fight at the end the eagle WINS

Alber is like tackling a manhole cover lid rolling on it's edge, very tough and punishing runner, but the Tomcats also have alot of other weapons, and their defense is very fast and run to the ball and gang tackle, this should be a dandy.:Shaking:
old warrior Wrote:Alber is like tackling a manhole cover lid rolling on it's edge, very tough and punishing runner, but the Tomcats also have alot of other weapons, and their defense is very fast and run to the ball and gang tackle, this should be a dandy.:Shaking:

This is my prediction this will be the most physical game each team has played cause of the playoff seeding on the line
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next