Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Greenup County
31.25%
Rowan County
68.75%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County @ Rowan County 10/2
Some Ram fans love Greenup threads?
Rowan: 42
Greenup: 17
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Why are u so worried about trying to outdo a little 1A school? Are you really bragging about a radio broadcast? I hope you're joking. Shouldn't you be more concerned with schools like Lawerence Co.? Or Rowan Co.? You make the rest of your good GC fans look bad.

Good luck Greenup, everyone have a safe trip, and players stay injury free.
I'm getting to you:ChairHit: for the Mike Sammons era you all trashed us all the time, now we win and you can not stand it, I always come and watch you all in the playoffs, but from the other side.:blabbermo
old warrior Wrote:All these players left GC, and are now returning Rister, Kitchen, Troxler and the 2 Duncan brothers, they are all returning now, my question is, why did they leave in the first place? now Rister probaly left cause he wamts to be in a passing offense.:insane:

This ought to be interesting what KHSAA does with Rister.:popcorn: I wouldn't be surprised if Rister transfers again to another passing offensive high school somewhere else after this season or year.Confusedhh:
Have you seen him play?He is lucky to be coordinated enough to hand the ball off,much less throw it.He really does well, until you put in a game situation.He can't feel pressure in the pocket and he has no speed.
Somewhat harsh but I will agree the game situations are troublesome for him. More than a few times I have seen him sramble (when the pocket breaks down) for his life and just throw something up for grabs. Seems he doesn't like to take a hit.
Didn't mean to be harsh,he's just a kid and a pretty good kid,but I really don't see him doing well in a spread offense.That is all I meant and sometimes the truth hurts.
No you're not really getting to me. If you beat Ashland, maybe even scored a point against Russell then yes. I'm just be wildered by the hate for a 1a school in their worst season in many years. We have had winning seasons for years now. Including quality wins against teams like Ashland and LCA. Regional championship appearances. Down season or rebuilding years happens it's part of the sport.
If Rister is so bad why did everyone throw such a fit when he came to Raceland? Although I do agree that Jett should've been used more for Raceland. But I don't know about his work ethic and dedication the the team.

Once again sorry to Musketeer and other quality GC fans for taking your thread in a direction other than Rowan Co.
The boys in greenup have alot of work to do. Rowan is a better team than Coalgrove!
Mason, is the least of our worries,our main focus right now is to get the boys ready to play and win come friday night.:Thumbs:
Anyone know how the weather is looking for Friday night?
Ram Fan04 Wrote:No you're not really getting to me. If you beat Ashland, maybe even scored a point against Russell then yes. I'm just be wildered by the hate for a 1a school in their worst season in many years. We have had winning seasons for years now. Including quality wins against teams like Ashland and LCA. Regional championship appearances. Down season or rebuilding years happens it's part of the sport.
If Rister is so bad why did everyone throw such a fit when he came to Raceland? Although I do agree that Jett should've been used more for Raceland. But I don't know about his work ethic and dedication the the team.

Once again sorry to Musketeer and other quality GC fans for taking your thread in a direction other than Rowan Co.
The boys in greenup have alot of work to do. Rowan is a better team than Coalgrove!
I am sorry , in todays Ashland Daily Independent, in division V Coal Grove is ranked #1 and we did score 14 against the Rams.:worthy:
old warrior Wrote:I am sorry , in todays Ashland Daily Independent, in division V Coal Grove is ranked #1 and we did score 14 against the Rams.:worthy:
Yeah Grove is ranked #1 but thats just in region 19, they're definitely not the best team in the division. Wheelersburg,Ohio is a better team than Coal Grove around here in that division even though they are ranked lower.
There are 4 regions in Coal Groves division 17,18,19,20 with a total of 120 teams.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:There are 4 regions in Coal Groves division 17,18,19,20 with a total of 120 teams.

You beat me to it. Ohio football is nothing like Kentucky football. It goes:
Coalgrove
Fairland(who got spanked by Sheldon Clark:eyeroll:, Who got beat by Lawernce County)
South point(0-5)
Rock Hill(0-5)
Cheshire River Valley(0-5)
So IMO not impressive at all! Every team in our area would be #1 in that region.
Greenup is working hard this week before we hit the road for Rowan County. I believe this game will be very close. If Rowan county is looking past Greenup they are making a big mistake. Lets Go Musketeers!
Ram Fan04 Wrote:No you're not really getting to me. If you beat Ashland, maybe even scored a point against Russell then yes. I'm just be wildered by the hate for a 1a school in their worst season in many years. We have had winning seasons for years now. Including quality wins against teams like Ashland and LCA. Regional championship appearances. Down season or rebuilding years happens it's part of the sport.

I doubt very seriously that Rowan is a better team than Coal Grove! Even if they are...we still played a good game with them and I think that the Musketeers can hang with them and get a win.
Greenup County
CleanupMan Wrote:This ought to be interesting what KHSAA does with Rister.:popcorn: I wouldn't be surprised if Rister transfers again to another passing offensive high school somewhere else after this season or year.Confusedhh:
He is with the team but he has no equipment, basically standing around and doing some running, pushups and general conditioning, he only left to be in a passing offense.:eyeroll:
Ram Fan04 Wrote:You beat me to it. Ohio football is nothing like Kentucky football. It goes:
Coalgrove
Fairland(who got spanked by Sheldon Clark:eyeroll:, Who got beat by Lawernce County)
South point(0-5)
Rock Hill(0-5)
Cheshire River Valley(0-5)
So IMO not impressive at all! Every team in our area would be #1 in that region.
Hey at least we scored against Ashland, come on give us a break.:notworthy
Football Mom 1 Wrote:I doubt very seriously that Rowan is a better team than Coal Grove! Even if they are...we still played a good game with them and I think that the Musketeers can hang with them and get a win.
Football Mom 1 I agree we played a good game, just our pass coverage let us down, we pretty much shut down their running game, but the play action pass killed us, Coach spent 2 days working that out in practice, I hear there could be some rain in the forecast, in a way I hope it does, any way we can slow D. Cross will help.:Thumbs:
old warrior Wrote:Football Mom 1 I agree we played a good game, just our pass coverage let us down, we pretty much shut down their running game, but the play action pass killed us, Coach spent 2 days working that out in practice, I hear there could be some rain in the forecast, in a way I hope it does, any way we can slow D. Cross will help.:Thumbs:

Wonder how well Cross plays in the rain....although it didn't actually rain last Friday during the game, it rained earlier in the day and Carter still ran good, and the whole team played well. I heard that Carter plays VERY well in the rain. Should be very interesting!
rowan
Just to let all the MUSKETEER fans know, that there is a middle school game at the high school today. East Carter will be the opponent, come out and support the young Musketeers, I know I will be there, also the Musketeer mom's will be decorating the locker room at this time also. Good luck to both teams.:rockon:
I'd love to see Greenup win this one, but I think Rowan is too tough for them at this point.

Rowan by 14
Greenup Co. can wish for rain, snow, sleet or even a mudslide. They still aren't going to beat Rowan Co. They have way to much for the Greenup Defense. You may get a moral victory. The offense of Rowan Co. won't be stopped. They have a really good QB that can run and throw. In every game this year he has went over a 100 yards by running or throwing. And they have three good backs. One is really tough and the other two also have gone over the 100 yard mark more then once this year. Greenup can't key on one or two players. They will have to play straight up. Rowan Co by 21. Greenup I will be pulling for U. I hope you turn the score around on me
Welcome to BGR Graybeard!
Hope you have your boots on it gets pretty deep around here:lmao:.
But it's all in good fun. What would rivalries be without arguements right?

Looks like it's going to be a sloppy night all across the bluegrass tomm night!
Once again everyone have a safe commute. It's going to be a nasty night to travel. Even you "Old County Ruling Kosar Warrior" :lmao:.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Welcome to BGR Graybeard!
Hope you have your boots on it gets pretty deep around here:lmao:.
But it's all in good fun. What would rivalries be without arguements right?

Looks like it's going to be a sloppy night all across the bluegrass tomm night!
Once again everyone have a safe commute. It's going to be a nasty night to travel. Even you "Old County Ruling Kosar Warrior" :lmao:.
Thank you Ram Fan04 LIFE, you named all of us, just got back from the middle school games, the 8th grade won 24-6 and the 7th grade was leading at halftime 14-o, I left cause it was srarting to rain, good job young Musheteers, Tuesday they swept Boyd County, and looks like a sweep of East Carter today.Good luck to Rams tomorrow night, hope the air raid offense is'nt slowed by the weather.:biggrin:
Graybeard Wrote:I'd love to see Greenup win this one, but I think Rowan is too tough for them at this point.

Rowan by 14
Thank you for your bode of confidence, let me say the Tomcats are the real deal this year, also Carter was a excellent pickup for us, setting a school record in rushing last Friday, do you think the Johnson Central game will be close? Good luck!:Clap:
Good thing the game is in Morehead, because if it was in Greenup it would be 14-13 with the refs on greenups side. With it being in Morehead I'll say 49- 14 Rowan.
Hotshot Wrote:Good thing the game is in Morehead, because if it was in Greenup it would be 14-13 with the refs on greenups side. With it being in Morehead I'll say 49- 14 Rowan.
Welcome to the GREENHOUSE next Friday.:ref2::welcome: