Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County @ Rowan County 10/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
thoughts/predictions
Should learn a bunch about the district from this game. I'm going with the Vikings in this one.
The Vikings will destroy the Musketeers.
Should be a good matchup RC- D. Cross and GC R. Carter, wotth the price of admisson.:Thumbs:
Rc 24-21
If GC is still trying to run the belly offence and they have a new QB this might be trouble the QB is the head of the snake when running the belly if it is done right and it's not something you can just step in and do real easly. It's a great offence and I know coach copley knows it pretty good because he was tought by the master of it. But give him and the new QB some time and it should be a dandy fit for GC. But this week I think it's still in the learning process. Mr. Carter can't do it all. Good luck to both
Should be a good one. And will tell LC what is waiting for them.
Christmas is over, you beat Raceland and you got Carter, Carter broke a record, yes he is good! But, friction within will take a toll if you don't play together and make yourself realize you can be good without Carter. I have seen this over and over. You can't win with running the ball only, they stop the run your beat! You have got to have a little bit of of passing game!:eyeroll::eyeroll:
Is that all you have to do? Complain about carter playing for Greenup, You MUST! be a Ram fan. GET OVER IT! Check the TEAM! Stats Carter had 18 Touches, LYLE had 11,Waugh had 10,and Hensley had 5. And this was Waugh's first start at QB He did a fine job he completed 1 pass for 19 yds
that's right Wrote:Christmas is over, you beat Raceland and you got Carter, Carter broke a record, yes he is good! But, friction within will take a toll if you don't play together and make yourself realize you can be good without Carter. I have seen this over and over. You can't win with running the ball only, they stop the run your beat! You have got to have a little bit of of passing game!:eyeroll::eyeroll:
What friction? What are you talking about. P.S. nobody has stopped the run yet. So Merry Xmas to all.
Kosar Wrote:What friction? What are you talking about. P.S. nobody has stopped the run yet. So Merry Xmas to all.
You are right, it's been turnovers, penalties and stupid mistakes, that the team is doing, that is killing them, they lost their qb. before the season started, the qb. from the baseball team quit, now a player who took his first snap Friday has stepped up, it is going to take time for the team to adjust to the change, we get better each week and that is all you can ask from the boy's.:Wave:
that's right Wrote:Christmas is over, you beat Raceland and you got Carter, Carter broke a record, yes he is good! But, friction within will take a toll if you don't play together and make yourself realize you can be good without Carter. I have seen this over and over. You can't win with running the ball only, they stop the run your beat! You have got to have a little bit of of passing game!:eyeroll::eyeroll:

There is no friction other than the one that you keep trying to create. Christmas has just began....Musketeers, don't pay attention to those that are tryng to create problems for you. Keep doing what you are doing and you will reap the benefits.
Rowan County by at least two td's.
I will wait later in the week to give my thoughts, going to watch practice this week, and see how it is going, you never give us any respect.:thanks:
I was REALLY hoping GC would beat Coalgrove friday!:Thumbs:
Greenup will fight for this one:glassjoe:The coach and the boys know that it is a district game, they will be ready for Rowan. This bunch of boys have HEART, and talent and that is what it takes to win.
rowan co.. keeps rolling through the district setting up a huge game with the bulldogs here in a couple of weeks...vikings 35 musketeers 14
WildCard Wrote:Greenup will fight for this one:glassjoe:The coach and the boys know that it is a district game, they will be ready for Rowan. This bunch of boys have HEART, and talent and that is what it takes to win.

Yes this team does have heart, and I beleive we can win, if we cut out those little things, and find someone that can cover a receiver, I'd like to see #6 at free safety and #28 at cornerback, those seem to play together and are consistent, good tacklers as well, maybe Carter and Waugh can cover D. Cross, and slow him down some, they both have good speed, also I think Crum needs to take a few snaps in the game in case he is needed, #20 has a very bad thumb, I think Coach will correct missed assignments this week on defense, but also work on red zone offense, work hard, don't make excuses, play as a team.Confusedinglepar
I would love to see this game, i think it will come down to who has the least amout of turnovers. A close one....
RC-22
GC-16

Thats funny but I think it is true. Raceland more less gave the game away I do not think the better team won Greenup out scored Raceland in that game I still think Raceland is a better team.
Now to this game I think Rowan is faster and better than Greenup. Losing your starting qb and going with another in a big district game like this I have to give Rowan. I have seen both teams play and I will say:

Greenup-20
Rowan-45

imo...............
Southern Rocker Wrote:Thats funny but I think it is true. Raceland more less gave the game away I do not think the better team won Greenup out scored Raceland in that game I still think Raceland is a better team.
Now to this game I think Rowan is faster and better than Greenup. Losing your starting qb and going with another in a big district game like this I have to give Rowan. I have seen both teams play and I will say:

Greenup-20
Rowan-45

imo...............
We lead the series against the Vikings in wins, last year we won 19-18, in a close one, come on give us some credit, the Rams took one on the chin when the Musketeers beat the Rams at their place, it still must be stinging.:what:
I'm going with the Musketeers on this one.
old warrior Wrote:We lead the series against the Vikings in wins, last year we won 19-18, in a close one, come on give us some credit, the Rams took one on the chin when the Musketeers beat the Rams at their place, it still must be stinging.:what:

I just think that Rowan is a better team at this point in time. If Greenup wins friday night I will be on here letting them know that I was wrong and give them their due. As for the Raceland game like I said I think Raceland is the better team but every dog has it day, and it was the Musketeers on that day. It was a great win for them and I wish them all the luck in the season and playoffs.
With the QB settling his nerves a little and the coach making a few changes, this game is going to be worth watching. Should have a couple back on the line that have great strength and size. One thing that I did see is we need to block for each other. That is the little things that the coach is talking about. We fix those and a big WIN for GC. By the way Joey Aeh did really good friday night so way to go, he got the BIG HIT OF THE GAME. :Clap:
WildCard Wrote:With the QB settling his nerves a little and the coach making a few changes, this game is going to be worth watching. Should have a couple back on the line that have great strength and size. One thing that I did see is we need to block for each other. That is the little things that the coach is talking about. We fix those and a big WIN for GC. By the way Joey Aeh did really good friday night so way to go, he got the BIG HIT OF THE GAME. :Clap:
Way to go Joey, congratulations, also #33 needs to block better for the other guy's.:rockon:
Man, I hit some nerves didn't I !!!? I am pulling for the boys down the road, This is really crazy how you think I still fell the sting, I have been in and around and coaching football for 35+ years; I use to coach at Wurtland middle school. I know a lot of the parents of the guys playing now; I am pulling for you to win! But I have already heard a lot of stuff between the boys that they need to get over and just play hard, Hey, Carter is a treasure, I just would to see the home grown kids prove to all the communities around here that they are good without him, play hard enjoy this time and know you were here from the begining! THAT IS WHAT BUILDS A PROGRAM!!:Clap: Yes greenup beat Raceland, it sucks to Raceland fans,but I have moved on weeks ago!
I'm going with Rowan County in this one.

Rowan County 28
Greenup Coutny 14

Good luck to both teams!
I can't tell thats all Raceland fans talk about on every thread,It really seems sad that they can't think about anything else, But i do believe they had more than one loss. Wasn't Raceland better than Ashland too? Ha! Ha! Ha! little old no good Greenup beat Raceland. LOL any body can be beat but i guess the Mighty Mighty Musketeers are too hard to swallow, and i guess Raceland fans have to junk up every thread with their crying, post that junk on Racelands thread. so maybe someone will go on it, Like it Matters. :1: :lmao:
that's right Wrote:Man, I hit some nerves didn't I !!!? I am pulling for the boys down the road, This is really crazy how you think I still fell the sting, I have been in and around and coaching football for 35+ years; I use to coach at Wurtland middle school. I know a lot of the parents of the guys playing now; I am pulling for you to win! But I have already heard a lot of stuff between the boys that they need to get over and just play hard, Hey, Carter is a treasure, I just would to see the home grown kids prove to all the communities around here that they are good without him, play hard enjoy this time and know you were here from the begining! THAT IS WHAT BUILDS A PROGRAM!!:Clap: Yes greenup beat Raceland, it sucks to Raceland fans,but I have moved on weeks ago!
We got the bone, ring any bells, the homegrown kid's don't seem to mind at all having Carter, he did play JFL and some freshmen ball with these guy's, it is not Carter's fault, he is in foster care, great addition to our team, talk to you later Coach.:coach:
Give up coaching a few years ago, only coach from the side-lines now, can't be wrong that way! And for foster care - give it up; we are suppose to learn from our mistakes.............You shouldn't assume what you don't know about. That's all I will say about that. I give the kid credit for being a great ball player and wish him very well in all he does. I pray that he has a good life after football and takes advantage of what the foster parents do for him and takes advantage of the education system Greenup has to offer him! Don't assume I wish him anything but the best!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5