Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
69.79%
Johnson Central
30.21%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Johnson Central 10/9
BADCAT74 Wrote:That's exactly what jc should be doing getting the music just right, do y'all take requests... Here's one for JC "The way we were". If you don't mind play a little G&R "Appeitite for Destruction". I think that would be a nice theme for our Defense. I think " that long black train" is going to be derailed! :biggrin:
Haha,

Yep, I thought you might enjoy that trip down memory lane. I remember how you used to just love "rockin the house down". Hey, how about the "you aint in Kansas anymore" snippet. I know that was one of your all time personal favorites. So popular it was, I think I remember some Ashland fan getting so torn up he felt the need to call the KHSAA and write nasty little letters to the super. Is he still around up there? lol..... Give him a big ol howdy from us all.

Just like the old days, aint it?:biggrin:
If there is anything to note when it comes to JC/Ashland it is this:
1. Records don't matter
2. Schedules don't matter (usually they both play good teams so it is a wash)
3. Homefield advantage DOES matter
4. Never count out Jim Matney
5. These teams really don't like each other very much

If these were two teams playing for the first time Ashland would be the hands down choice. But, this rivalry has proven that even in "down" years these teams can always get "up" for each other. Throw in the district championship and playoff ramifications and you have the recipe for yet another classic.

In terms of the matchup itself Ashland appears to be the better team all the way around. With that said, Matney knows how to pull an upset, especially on his homefield. You can bet that come kickoff Johnson Central will be playing with achip on their shoulders so big that Frito Lay will try to license it.

What this game comes down to is fumbles. JC can hang with Ashland if they hold on to the football, and if they are close late in the game at home anything can happen. But, if the fumbles continue like they have all season and Ashland can get on JC early and limit the big play, this one could get ugly. I personally think this one lands somewhere in between.

Ashland 27
JC 14
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Haha,

Yep, I thought you might enjoy that trip down memory lane. I remember how you used to just love "rockin the house down". Hey, how about the "you aint in Kansas anymore" snippet. I know that was one of your all time personal favorites. So popular it was, I think I remember some Ashland fan getting so torn up he felt the need to call the KHSAA and write nasty little letters to the super. Is he still around up there? lol..... Give him a big ol howdy from us all.

Just like the old days, aint it?:biggrin:

Yea old times, where jc only dreamed of beating The likes of Ashland not so the last few yrs. I've got a feeling there are going to be some real long faces on the home side. Not sure if he's around or not didn't know him. But I did agree with some of it.
Typical Ashland and Johnson Central pre-hype. Ashland is undefeated and unstoppable and according to their fans the Eagles are not the Eagles of previous years. The team with Shawn Grim is not as good as the team with Ron Blume, the team with Chase Richardson is not as good as the team with Shawn Grim and so on. If the Tomcats are as good as their fans say, then there is no pressure on the Eagles, it is all on the Tomcats. If the Eagles were to pull off the upset, then I am sure that approximately 90 minutes later we will see all kind of excuses ranging from the officals favored the home team, the music was too loud and played at the wrong time, the locker room was too cold and surely many more posted on this website. With that being said, I have two statements, Johnson Central will win and it will not be an upset.
BADCAT74 Wrote:I'll tell you what makes you go Wow, is when everytime you look that kid (senior) is there whether it's a slober knocker or not point is he IS an impact player along with all those SUPER SOPHMORES! Hunter/Whetsel/Withrow/Rogers/Prichard/ too many to list. :biggrin:

Agreed that they are impact players on the team. I nevered stated a post that I remember where I made claims of them not being impact players. I mean that is why there are 11 players on the field at a time for each play. And the reason that the 11 chosen players are on the field is because they are "impact" players.

The point that I was trying make earlier to clear this up one last time was that from the two games that I have seen Ashland play in Albers seemed to be on his own level.

Clear? :Thumbs:
THOMCAT Wrote:Typical Ashland and Johnson Central pre-hype. Ashland is undefeated and unstoppable and according to their fans the Eagles are not the Eagles of previous years. The team with Shawn Grim is not as good as the team with Ron Blume, the team with Chase Richardson is not as good as the team with Shawn Grim and so on. If the Tomcats are as good as their fans say, then there is no pressure on the Eagles, it is all on the Tomcats. If the Eagles were to pull off the upset, then I am sure that approximately 90 minutes later we will see all kind of excuses ranging from the officals favored the home team, the music was too loud and played at the wrong time, the locker room was too cold and surely many more posted on this website. With that being said, I have two statements, Johnson Central will win and it will not be an upset.

Yea just like a missed field goal an "they used mud cletes"! I know things you do over time become habit, and the short time that the jc program has even mattered in the grand scheme of things, you would think it would be a easy transition back to loserville or should I say Loser"CENTRAL" !!
BADCAT74 Wrote:Yea just like a missed field goal an "they used mud cletes"! I know things you do over time become habit, and the short time that the jc program has even mattered in the grand scheme of things, you would think it would be a easy transition back to loserville or should I say Loser"CENTRAL" !!

lol

For somebody that has not only been beaten the last 4 games , but has been utterly humiliated(and for that matter not even won this game yet), you sure are one BAD talkin CAT.

:blabbermo:blabbermo:blabbermo

But then you always were. You just couldn't back it up, could you? haha
BADCAT74 Wrote:Yea old times, where jc only dreamed of beating The likes of Ashland not so the last few yrs. I've got a feeling there are going to be some real long faces on the home side. Not sure if he's around or not didn't know him. But I did agree with some of it.

haha , Yeah right!!!Confusedhh:

Agreed with some of it??? How about boo hooed and instigated it? lol
I'll take the Tomcats on this one.SPEED KILLS,and JC has not seen this kind of speed this year.
THOMCAT Wrote:Typical Ashland and Johnson Central pre-hype. Ashland is undefeated and unstoppable and according to their fans the Eagles are not the Eagles of previous years. The team with Shawn Grim is not as good as the team with Ron Blume, the team with Chase Richardson is not as good as the team with Shawn Grim and so on. If the Tomcats are as good as their fans say, then there is no pressure on the Eagles, it is all on the Tomcats. If the Eagles were to pull off the upset, then I am sure that approximately 90 minutes later we will see all kind of excuses ranging from the officals favored the home team, the music was too loud and played at the wrong time, the locker room was too cold and surely many more posted on this website. With that being said, I have two statements, Johnson Central will win and it will not be an upset.

Well here ill just end the excuses now with the majority of ashland snaps coming from the shotgun a silent snap count will negate any filtered in noise so please do try also were the most penalized 6-0 team I've seen I'm sure the jc boosters realized this and tour up there checks besides officials don't decide games players do and jc is very talented just inconsistent and that's what I think will make the difference that said if jc wins guys it is not a huge upset cause when they play well they can play with anyone outside of highlands
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Well here ill just end the excuses now with the majority of ashland snaps coming from the shotgun a silent snap count will negate any filtered in noise so please do try also were the most penalized 6-0 team I've seen I'm sure the jc boosters realized this and tour up there checks besides officials don't decide games players do and jc is very talented just inconsistent and that's what I think will make the difference that said if jc wins guys it is not a huge upset cause when they play well they can play with anyone outside of highlands
Your probably the first Ashland fan that I have ever heard speak with a little humility.:Thumbs:
HANGTOUGH Wrote:I'll take the Tomcats on this one.SPEED KILLS,and JC has not seen this kind of speed this year.

Boyle Co. , Bell County, Lake Horn, Miss.

Aint seen speed?? Yeah boy!!!!

Apparently you aint ventured outside the holler or peaked out from underneath that rock you've been living under in awhile.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Your probably the first Ashland fan that I have ever heard speak with a little humility.:Thumbs:

Well I try and I would say most tomcat fans feel the same way and most r educated football fans so please don't judge the lot of us based o a few ignorant post on here it seems every group of fans has that
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:mind me asking what 2 games u attended

Not attended but watched on film. They were Russell and Belfry. Don't take me wrong i am not downing Ashland because they are good but I just don't think they are elite. Just as i know we are not elite my any means.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Yea old times, where jc only dreamed of beating The likes of Ashland not so the last few yrs. I've got a feeling there are going to be some real long faces on the home side. Not sure if he's around or not didn't know him. But I did agree with some of it.

To bad your not making the trip to watch the game.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Your probably the first Ashland fan that I have ever heard speak with a little humility.:Thumbs:

Well I try and I would say most tomcat fans feel the same way and most r educated football fans so please don't judge the lot of us based o a few ignorant post on here it seems every group of fans has that
Mr.Kimball Wrote:haha , Yeah right!!!Confusedhh:

Agreed with some of it??? How about boo hooed and instigated it? lol

Whatever... Like I said you girls :Cheerleadplay with your sound system, let the men take care playing football.:Clap:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Whatever... Like I said you girls :Cheerleadplay with your sound system, let the men take care playing football.:Clap:
You mean, let you take care of the sound system? I'm sure you still have the number to the KHSAA and the address of the JCBOE, there tuff guy. That's what happened when you took that other little pouting spell, aint it? Your one BADCATZ for sure!!!:Clap:

As far as the men taking care of football. Where you been the last 4 games? Oh, that's right, you dont want to talk much about that. I saw "our" men take care of it in dominating fashion, even there on the sacred grounds of DickieLand. I dont know what you saw, but I saw a bunch of BADCATZ get humiliated. Are you so sure we weren't the one's that were playing the girls? You aint had much of a reason to be so cocky, that I can tell. But I guess you finally did pull the upset over Raceland this year. hooray!!! Life is good.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:Not attended but watched on film. They were Russell and Belfry. Don't take me wrong i am not downing Ashland because they are good but I just don't think they are elite. Just as i know we are not elite my any means.

Well let me calrify one belfry.is very good and one of the toughest places to play any time you get a win there you'll take it and if u watched the first half of the russell game ashland dominated but used the second half to practice for ironton since the game was in hand we could have kept pounding the ball with albers demartino. And rogers and won by fifty but that wouldn't have helped us
Oh get over youselves people this is football not yard darts this is a cometitive sport where the teams usually don't have alot of love for each other, so I don't say anything on here that I would not say to anyone of you in person, I give exactly what I get, an wouldn't change a thing. Some of you guys get on here an kiss each others hind parts til it's almost sickening. Everyone of you take jabs at each other I just don't sugarcoat it.
Hey BADCAT you forgot my favorite excuse of using the city fire trucks to hose down the field and that someone from kings daughters told them that happened I think its still on that message board if u could find it LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Well, there goes the humility Kimball pre-maturely credited.

And would someone PLEASE, teach some punctuation.
20 posts = Alot.
Hundred lines = Again, alot.
ONE period, (and it was in the wrong place,) = PRICELESS

Unbelievable. Seriously.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Well, there goes the humility Kimball pre-maturely credited.

20 posts = Alot.

Unbelievable. Seriously.

Ok man evidently you are trying to pick a fight so please find me one post where I have insulted anyone on this thread are my puntcuation skills the best probably not but I'm posting on a message board not writing a Memoir and as I told kimball and everyone else I will not make excuses but will call out people who do and that was way pretty far fetched IMO so if anyone needs to learn some respect and humility it would be you cause you are the type that has given the whole johnson central fanbase a bad name on this message board and this will the only time I respond to your ignorance

20 posts = Alot.

Unbelievable. Seriously.

If it's any of your bussiness which it's not. I'm on an iPhone an they take forever to type on, so step off!!
Sam Hunter throws 3 pics, Josh Alber has a flu relapse, Ryan W. no shows the game to go on a date with a girl from Johnson Central, Coach Hart changes his offense to the Wing T ....... and Ashland still wins by 16.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ok man evidently you are trying to pick a fight so please find me one post where I have insulted anyone on this thread are my puntcuation skills the best probably not but I'm posting on a message board not writing a Memoir and as I told kimball and everyone else I will not make excuses but will call out people who do and that was way pretty far fetched IMO so if anyone needs to learn some respect and humility it would be you cause you are the type that has given the whole johnson central fanbase a bad name on this message board and this will the only time I respond to your ignorance
Did you really just say that? MY ignorance?
I'm not insulting or trying to pick a fight, I'm just begging for posts that are somewhat legible.
As for the other 'Cat, :rockon:.

Eagles by 21+.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

20 posts = Alot.

Unbelievable. Seriously.

You crack me up. That was too good. Meet me pre-game, the burger is on me.
[quote=Mr.Kimball]You mean, let you take care of the sound system? I'm sure you still have the number to the KHSAA and the address of the JCBOE, there tuff guy. That's what happened when you took that other little pouting spell, aint it? Your one BADCATZ for sure!!!:Clap:

As far as the men taking care of football.
Where you been the last 4 games? Oh, that's
right, you dont want to talk much about
that. I saw "our" men take care of it in
dominating fashion, even there on the sacred
grounds of DickieLand. I dont know what
you saw, but I saw a bunch of BADCATZ get
humiliated. Are you so sure we weren't the
one's that were playing the girls? You aint
had much of a reason to be so cocky, that I
can tell. But I guess you finally did pull the
upset over Raceland this year. hooray!!! Life
is good.[/QUOT

Well well Mrs. Kimble what ever happened to your humility? Hey, tuff guy never called anybody? Remember the threads, I called no one, not that I didn't agree, but wasn't me! But it's ok you were loserCENTRAL for so long it was a tuff transition to actually win some games against one of the winningest programs in the state! (613). Oh by the way you know what you can do with
your music!!:popcorn:
THOMCAT Wrote:You crack me up. That was too good. Meet me pre-game, the burger is on me.

[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/member.php?u=1087"]Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals - View Profile: mscatblue@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: mscatblue@@AMEPARAM@@mscatblue[/ame] [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...ffline.gif]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_80133", true); </SCRIPT>
Water Boy

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...alance.gif]

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon1.gif] Re: Ashland 13 Johnson Central 10
There is no way anyone could honestly say JCs last field goal looked bad to them atleast I dont think they could.
The ashland coach ,an apparently honest ,man told reporters he had a bad angle
to see from... I think this statement says something.Centrals coach also told
reporters the other coach outsmarted us by using mud cleats....I also think this says
something.

[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/member.php?u=1087"]Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals - View Profile: mscatblue@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: mscatblue@@AMEPARAM@@mscatblue[/ame] [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...ffline.gif]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_81807", true); </SCRIPT>
Water Boy

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...alance.gif]

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon1.gif] Re: Ashland 13 Johnson Central 10
I saw a most interresting statement from an Ashland coach, aka onetoya, inferring his team did not wear mud cleats, or in his play on words "wore the same cleats they wore against Russell". Furthermore that somehow this was, itself, a statement about Central's coach for bringing it up. For your information, my husband was sitting beside the very intelligent parent who first saw, reported and requested our coach to ask the officals about the cleats. Why did he know about the cleats? Do your history on the Virginia state playoffs and Richlands HS and you will get the answer. Now I believe this simple disagreement actually tells more about the character of the parties involved than words or statements there will ever be in this life. What does it say about this coach (not Hart) or even the whole history of tomcat football? While some Ashlanders whale away on Rose Hill, recruiting, matney and anything else that dares to clutter their yellow brick road.Surley no one would dare to complain about a program of such integrity and standards.
And surely a coach would never stoop to the level of lying if it actually happened. For if they actually did this it would mean that all they ever did or said from the private -public debate to life in general would be in question.And vice versa if that dastardly Matney was actually psychologically scheming.

[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/member.php?u=3891"]Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals - View Profile: Kayaker@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Kayaker@@AMEPARAM@@Kayaker[/ame] [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...ffline.gif]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_274727", true); </SCRIPT>
Statistician
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...ting_2.gif]

Location: Going through Foreplay and Fist with all the confidence in the world.
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...on_pos.gif]

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon1.gif]

Originally Posted by t-cat50
:lmao:I heard it might rain so we might have to bring our mudd cleats.
First of all lets not act like all the water on that field was from the rain that we had recieved. Talk to your local FD about it. And next dont worry about the field being wet for this game. JC has a tarp over the field to keep it nice a dry. JC is playing this game into there advantage. Bring a change of clothes though, cause the back of those jerseys are going to be hard to read considering the Tomcats will be on there backs about all night.Smile

[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/member.php?u=3891"]Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals - View Profile: Kayaker@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Kayaker@@AMEPARAM@@Kayaker[/ame] [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...ffline.gif]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_274760", true); </SCRIPT>
Statistician
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...ting_2.gif]

Location: Going through Foreplay and Fist with all the confidence in the world.
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...on_pos.gif]

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon1.gif]

Originally Posted by tomcatfan722000
Also it rained until mid thursday afternoon Ashland didntpractice outdoors @ all that week and the lines weren't finished being painted until about 1:am Friday Morning cause of the weather so your conspiracy theory is completely bogus Ashland is way to classy to do that but judging by your coaches actions last year class isnt something held with hi regard in paintsville
I think that you meant to quote me by your response. I dont need bogus theories when I know what is fact. A Coach as smart as Coach Matney knows to bring new cleats when weather conditions permit for it. The fact was we had rain but not as much that was on that field that night. To bad for you I know people at Kings Daughters that told me what I said earlier. Like I said, this game is a JC this year, its our turf and our conditions. We like a dry field and thats what we will have come friday night. You can refer to Matney as classless if you choose, thats your opinion, but any man that would do what he has done for this boys is far from classless. Talk to you man Dicky Martin about class, he is exactly what it is not. JC has plenty to lose with this game and even more to gain. Both the Eagles and Tomcats will be ready to do battle, but from what I seen of Ashland against LC, JC is by far the more dominant team in all phases of the game.

these are some post from jc fans following ashland win in 05 you can find them on the game message board for that game as well as the prediction thread for 06 so go ahead and laugh at me but now i will laugh since it was a jc fan that brought up excuses

Ring'Em Up Wrote:Did you really just say that? MY ignorance?
I'm not insulting or trying to pick a fight, I'm just begging for posts that are somewhat legible.
As for the other 'Cat, :rockon:.

Eagles by 21+.

Yes he did say that, seems resonable to me! haha!! Believe me I could care less what you think about my puncuation! "As for you ring emup :moon:

Oh my, where's the humility an puncuation!!! That is by far, the gayest thing I've ever, heard on a sports board!!!!!!!!!! Lol hahaha:lmao:

Are you guys going to catch a movie after dinner, I bet you two have alot in common? :biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next