Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Backs in the State
kywldcat01 Wrote:I have to respectfully disagree with you there. SK is a VERY talented team and showed they can win without Simpson when they beat Newcath the first game of the year 29-7 without Simpson really playing. Sage Powell is just as fast as Simpson, but not as strong. Lawrence is a legit dual threat QB that can pass and run very well. They also have a very good offensive line, led by D1 recruit Jordan Hansel. Defensively, they have some nice players as well that work together well as a team. SK would still be a top 5 team in NKY this year with or without Simpson.

As far as Collinsworth goes, he is what pushes Highlands to that next level. They've showed they can win without him, but whenever they need a big play they always put the ball in his hands. He is the X-factor for Highlands. No disrespect to Fennell or Streeter, but they aren't nearly as talented as AC.

Both players make their teams significantly better though and that's why they are being recruited the way they are and are in discussions like this.

I can buy that arguement. It makes it even more difficult to choose between the two as they are completely different style of HB's. Both RB's role fits perfectly in their team's system.
even though he hasn't seen much action due too some things what about CARter OF ASHLAND / GREENUP
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I can buy that arguement. It makes it even more difficult to choose between the two as they are completely different style of HB's. Both RB's role fits perfectly in their team's system.

I agree. Collinsworth is more flashy than Simpson in that he has "more moves" and seems to be more elusive once he gets to the second level. Simpson however uses his power to break through the line and then his speed to take it the distance. They simply have different body builds. Miles probably has 20 or so pounds on AC.

I'd say Collinsworth is more talented but athletically, both are right there with one another. It's nice to have two great backs in the same area though and be able to argue which one is the best in the state.

Regardless of which one is better, I wish both nothing but the best. They both have great work ethics, do things the right way, and most importantly, have EARNED everything they have. :Thumbs:
Hotshot Wrote:200 yards against a Lawrence County JV!

i was there scouting this game and if im not mistaken he was way faster than anyone from lc and made a lot you look stupid.....and the jv didnt come out until the 4th when dodere did, so he wouldnt get hard...
JOHNSON CENTRAL #24 Wrote:Nehemiah Doderer suffers from having no talent surounding him and still has over 1,000 yards rushing in 5 games. See for your self at http://www.afctube.com Just because kids dont play for big name schools doesnt mean there not at the same level of talent. Im pretty sure all the kids that have been mentioned have a good line to run behind and other athletes on the team. Doderer has neither!

thank you jc 24....i hate paintsville but i love doderer because he is so good...having a 1000 yard year is incredible but theres something going on here.......hes done it in 5 games....how does he not get thrown in the picture....thank you jc
Channing will be back in excellent form by the end of the season. I think he will still finish with 2500 yards and 25-30 touch downs for the season.
Rockcastle RB Clark Rowe has 767 rushing yards rushing on 87 carries and 10 rushing TD's in four games. It may not be the best in the state but he is only 14 years old. How many 14 year olds do you see puting up the those kind of numbers in varsity.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I can buy that arguement. It makes it even more difficult to choose between the two as they are completely different style of HB's. Both RB's role fits perfectly in their team's system.

If they are a top 6A team, they better be able to beat a poor 2A team without one player!
My favorite back is Dominique Hayden. He is a beast of a runner.
Sophpmore Starting Tailback Clark Rowe for Rockcastle County has got in now on the year:
94 carries for 757 yards rushing and 9 touchdowns, this is just 4 games played. And the Rockets are averaging nearly 35 points per game. He has to be in the top for Class AAAA no doubt about it.
rocket01 Wrote:Sophpmore Starting Tailback Clark Rowe for Rockcastle County has got in now on the year:
94 carries for 757 yards rushing and 9 touchdowns, this is just 4 games played. And the Rockets are averaging nearly 35 points per game. He has to be in the top for Class AAAA no doubt about it.

Not to take anything away from young Mr. Rowe as he will surely develop into a fine back but his head to head match up with Rees MacShara and Boyle County shows that MacShara is clearly the better back. Most likely, the best back in 4A by far.

That said, Rowe's abilities as a 14 year old are very impressive.

Game Stats:

Rowe - 21 carries - 85 yards - 4.05 Avg - 1 TD

MacShara - 13 carries - 344 yards - 26.46 Avg - 5 TD
kywldcat01 Wrote:Austin Collinsworth stats through 4 games:

47 carries, 536 yards, 10 td's

AC is the most athletic back in the state and IMO is the best back out there. When you see him play, some of the things he does is just unreal. Simpson is a very, very good back but Austin Collinsworth gets my vote as the best back in the state. He can do it all...run between the tackles for tough yardage, run outside and burn you with his speed, or catch a screen and take it 90 yards to paydirt.

As far as Fugate goes, I don't think he's deserving of a top 5 ranking. He simply hasn't put up the numbers to back up the statements made about him. Not sure what BC lost over the past two years but did anyone else think that maybe his offensive line had a lot to do with the stats he had put up?

Someone else that could be mentioned is Travis Elliott of Ryle. The SOPHOMORE has rushed for 630+ yards through 4 games....keep in mind this has come against some pretty stiff nky competition as well. (Covcath, Highlands, Newcath, Dixie)

I agree that Elliott is a nice running back, particularly as a sophomore. But I take issue with the pretty stiff N. Ky. competition comment. I'll try to be nice by only saying that CovCath's, NewCath's and Dixie's defenses are not very good this year. Do you disagree with that and why?

I'm basing my opinion on Elliott based on his one performance against a fairly decent defense, although to date, Highlands' defense is no where near the level that it has played at in the past. Elliott had a very nice opening drive against Highlands. I think he got 70 of his 120 yds on that drive. Once Highlands adjusted it's defense, Elliott was pretty much a non factor the rest of the game. Elliott got the yards the hole provided and not much more. He didn't over power or run through many Highlands tacklers; he didn't have the speed to run away from any Highlands tacklers and he didn't have the moves to elude any Highlands tacklers. He'll be a good one I think in the years to come, but as of now he's not on my top 25 running backs in the state.
no doubt at the type of age that put up numbers like that as a 14 year old will have a nice future perhaps as 1st or 2nd Team All-State Running Back by junior season if health is in good shape and ability stays the way he is now, there is no way that nobody can't put the scope on this kid. Last friday in a nail-bitter losing effort to Pulaski County in the Project Unite Bowl, Mr. Rowe put up 34 carries 329 yards and 4 touchdowns, thats the second best single game performance at Rockcastle County High School, Mr. Rowe was not to far off from breaking the record of 372 yards which was set by Dusty Miller back in 2006.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I agree. Collinsworth is more flashy than Simpson in that he has "more moves" and seems to be more elusive once he gets to the second level. Simpson however uses his power to break through the line and then his speed to take it the distance. They simply have different body builds. Miles probably has 20 or so pounds on AC.

I'd say Collinsworth is more talented but athletically, both are right there with one another. It's nice to have two great backs in the same area though and be able to argue which one is the best in the state.

Regardless of which one is better, I wish both nothing but the best. They both have great work ethics, do things the right way, and most importantly, have EARNED everything they have. :Thumbs:

I have seen them both and agree. They are different kinds of backs. Collinsworth is a juker, make you miss. Simpson is a stronger, break tackles back.
i believe the fugate kid is a little cocky because of the tennessee signing. he acts like he doesnt have a care in the world out there this year, hes a totally different player.

thomas varney is a great player though, if u havent watched him play you need to. hes a great player he knows the game well, really quick on his feet. hes a small player but he doesnt let size bring him down.
panthernation Wrote:..having a 1000 yard year is incredible but theres something going on here.......hes done it in 5 games....how does he not get thrown in the picture....thank you jc

I agree. Here is the link again: http://www.afctube.com/?q=node/910

This one should take you right to the video.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Not to take anything away from young Mr. Rowe as he will surely develop into a fine back but his head to head match up with Rees MacShara and Boyle County shows that MacShara is clearly the better back. Most likely, the best back in 4A by far.

Game Stats:

I agree Rowe is not the best, just really good numbers for his age. Mr Rees Macshara has my vote, I think Rees's numbers are only going to go up. He should be the favorite for Mr. football.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I agree Rowe is not the best, just really good numbers for his age. Mr Rees Macshara has my vote, I think Rees's numbers are only going to go up. He should be the favorite for Mr. football.

:Thumbs:

I don't know about favorite for Mr. Football RIGHT NOW but at the least in the conversation. I would say top 3-5 at this juncture.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Not to take anything away from young Mr. Rowe as he will surely develop into a fine back but his head to head match up with Rees MacShara and Boyle County shows that MacShara is clearly the better back. Most likely, the best back in 4A by far.

Game Stats:

That is also the difference between an experienced senior and a Sophomore that didn't play a full year last year. Rees is the best this year but Rock01, ROCKSOLID69 and myself are simply saying that to only be 14 Rowe is having a stunning year, thus far.
I think Lawrence County has 4-5 guys that may not be the best in the state, but Shane Pack is right up there with the best 569 yds rushing and 10 td's
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I think Lawrence County has 4-5 guys that may not be the best in the state, but Shane Pack is right up there with the best 569 yds rushing and 10 td's
Shane Pack should be in discussion for best fullback in the state.
I agree he has to be in the discussion for best in the state, i'm not familiar with other ones.
well i been watching this player over at jenkins high school and he is 1 good running back i watched him though grade school and everything,he couldn't play this year because he had to build up his credits, listen on sports ot and you will hear his name alot next year, his name is chris cantrell #34, i'm telling you all he is good, TongueirateSho
[quote=old warrior]Corey Lyle and Rashard Carter and Terry Waugh, of GC.

I agree with you here Old Warrior!! These three guys you named from Greenup County show some great talent. Smile
TOP 15 RUSHING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 3 games)
(ranked by net yards rushing average)
Player School Gms Att Yds TD Avg
Zach Sowder Scott 4 128 840 8 210
Nehemiah Doderer Paintsville 5 110 1006 12 201
Clarke Rowe Rockcastle County 4 94 757 9 189
Ricky Buckler Bellevue 4 106 742 9 186
Taylor Barnes Bourbon County 4 94 721 4 180
Dominique Hayden Lex. Christian 3 46 519 8 173
Thomas Varney Belfry 5 96 860 8 172
Dillon Hughs Shelby Valley 4 65 680 4 170
Cody Murphy Ohio County 3 67 509 5 170
Wesley Steele Lynn Camp 5 100 841 5 168
Andrew Link Harlan 4 116 668 8 167
Jerrell Moore Fern Creek 3 27 502 5 167
Zach Roark McCreary Central 4 92 654 5 164
Travis Elliott Ryle 4 94 648 5 162
Jacquise Lockett Fulton City 5 82 805 7 161

Doderer should definatly be mentioned! leading rusher in the state come on guys. I know he's 1A but with numbers like this he should at least be mentioned.
[quote=JOHNSON CENTRAL #24]TOP 15 RUSHING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 3 games)
(ranked by net yards rushing average)
Player School Gms Att Yds TD Avg
Zach Sowder Scott 4 128 840 8 210
Nehemiah Doderer Paintsville 5 110 1006 12 201
Clarke Rowe Rockcastle County 4 94 757 9 189
Ricky Buckler Bellevue 4 106 742 9 186
Taylor Barnes Bourbon County 4 94 721 4 180
Dominique Hayden Lex. Christian 3 46 519 8 173
Thomas Varney Belfry 5 96 860 8 172
Dillon Hughs Shelby Valley 4 65 680 4 170
Cody Murphy Ohio County 3 67 509 5 170
Wesley Steele Lynn Camp 5 100 841 5 168
Andrew Link Harlan 4 116 668 8 167
Jerrell Moore Fern Creek 3 27 502 5 167
Zach Roark McCreary Central 4 92 654 5 164
Travis Elliott Ryle 4 94 648 5 162
Jacquise Lockett Fulton City 5 82 805 7 161

I cannot beleive that COREY DAVENPORT's name is not mentioned in this discussion???
JOHNSON CENTRAL #24 Wrote:Nehemiah Doderer suffers from having no talent surounding him and still has over 1,000 yards rushing in 5 games. See for your self at http://www.afctube.com Just because kids dont play for big name schools doesnt mean there not at the same level of talent. Im pretty sure all the kids that have been mentioned have a good line to run behind and other athletes on the team. Doderer has neither!

This happens alot with the smaller schools.
It seems like there are a lot of great backs in the state, surprises me we have this much talent in the state. How come UK doesn't go after any of these guys?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:It seems like there are a lot of great backs in the state, surprises me we have this much talent in the state. How come UK doesn't go after any of these guys?

Big fish in a small pond.