Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
33.33%
Lexington Christian
66.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County @ Lexington Christian 9/18
Breathitt lacks heart and I have said it before if you don't have a desire to win then what talent you have is useless. This team is going to have to understand there are four quarters in football and not two quarters. Breathitt has looked as good as any team in the mountains during the first half of all four games they have played this season but the second half is another story. If Breathitt can play a complete game they can win this game but if they play one half and lay down in the second half as they have done so far this year then it will be another long night for the bobcats in Lexington. I believe the bobcats can turn this thing around but we have to play with heart and play as a team. Bobcats #1
I have see every Breathitt Co. team play a few times a year since around 97, and I cannot believe how they have just totally abandoned the spread run and shoot style offense that they had so much success with for years. I realize that you have to adjust to what you have, but Holcomb has always been able to develop QB's into efficient throwers. They may win this game, but unless they develop more of a balanced attack offensively they won't go far in the playoffs IMO.
they'll get it back on track, but i dont think it'll be this week
Since it's here in Lexington, I may go...I look for Breathitt to go to 1-4. Looking at Breathitt's schedule they have Johnson Central next week....losing to JC, beating Hazard, lose to Estill Co. then manhandle Powell & Magoffin Co. ending the season possibly 4-6 or 5-5 at best IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fballfan2009 Wrote:I wonder if any of the above posters have actually been to any of the games lately. All i keep reading is that they give the fugate kid the ball too much. The problem is that they dont give the ball to him enough, especially when it matters. Each of the last 2 games they have been up at halftime and then basically got shut down the second half. Each of the last 2 games fugate got the ball 13 or 14 times the first half and only 5 the second half. Think that there might be a correlation? Dont ask me why the coach decides to let the quarterback do all the work the second half but you can see where it has got them. He has 9 turnovers the last 2 games. I'm not knocking the kid, i'm knocking the coaching. Continue to give your best player the ball and you will win. Pretty simple. It would also help if they would run some new plays. Right now they only run about 3 plays to fugate, and a couple of those they only run out of 1 formation. Not too hard to gameplan for a team when you only have to prepare for 3 or 4 plays.

This poster has seen the last 3 games and plenty more over the past 20 years. You have some valid points. I think one of the reasons Fugate doesn't get the ball as much sometimes, is that the opponents have been controlling the clock with long drives, especially in the 2nd half. Therefore limiting his touches. Playing from behind late forces you to throw more, also. I think too, Coach Holcomb tries to "rest" Fugate and Haddix on defense, but are forced to make plays because of the defensive weaknesses. As a result, they are worn out. At least they look like it and play like it. In an earlier post, I mentioned the poor QB play and other problems facing this team. And I repeat: Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any better options.
LCA will win this one.
I still have confidence in my team, Breathitt.
If LCA wins they will win by 2TD's
lc wins
all i have to say i there will be a huge suprise for many people across the state come friday night.
I think Breathitt turns it around starting with this game
Breathitt by a TD
BelfryPride Wrote:Since it's here in Lexington, I may go...I look for Breathitt to go to 1-4. Looking at Breathitt's schedule they have Johnson Central next week....losing to JC, beating Hazard, lose to Estill Co. then manhandle Powell & Magoffin Co. ending the season possibly 4-6 or 5-5 at best IMO.

Lose to Estill:lmaoTongueowell may even beat them.
LCA wins 52-22
At the start of the season I thought Breathitt would come in and manhandle us. We have had trouble stopping the run, but that doesn't worry us too much now. Breathitt doesn't seem to be using Fugate, so that should work in our favor.
eagle123 Wrote:At the start of the season I thought Breathitt would come in and manhandle us. We have had trouble stopping the run, but that doesn't worry us too much now. Breathitt doesn't seem to be using Fugate, so that should work in our favor.
I hope that they are just saving him for the playoffs. I can not let myself think that the play calling and player utilization has gotten that bad with the absence of Chapman to PC. I hope the Bobcats make this a descent game and not stink up the joint like they did last week. Win or lose, this season goes on and it is not a "must win" as many people are calling it in my opinion. Bobcats win 42-21
Twitter: @tc_analytics

BelfryPride Wrote:Since it's here in Lexington, I may go...I look for Breathitt to go to 1-4. Looking at Breathitt's schedule they have Johnson Central next week....losing to JC, beating Hazard, lose to Estill Co. then manhandle Powell & Magoffin Co. ending the season possibly 4-6 or 5-5 at best IMO.

I think they can handle JC,They will lose hazard, and killer estill and powell and magoffin.
Breathitt's season has been a little dissapointing thus far to say the least. For starters, the offensive play calling has been a little bland....it was a little ho hum last year in my opinion. When you couple that with a dinged up offensive line and an injured second run option it becomes flat out predictable. I agree.....we can't not ride the horse (Channing) but we have to get him the ball in some more creative ways. Maybe some direct snaps, split him out wide in the passing game, run some screens or maybe a few more option calls. Maybe even let him play some tight end. I would even suggest letting him get his breath for an offensive series or two in the first half.......If he's not in the game, maybe the defense won't know who to key on....I'm always a fan of a little slight of hand in the coaching game. As far as the game goes, I believe this probably is a must win for the Bobcats purely from a confidence perspective. I predict they get some key personnel back and get the job done by 6.
LCA in a shootout
Close game the 1st half, then LCA will tire down the bobcats and open it up.
I will take LCA in this one Breathitt will continue to struggle.
purpletiger78 Wrote:Breathitt's season has been a little dissapointing thus far to say the least. For starters, the offensive play calling has been a little bland....it was a little ho hum last year in my opinion. When you couple that with a dinged up offensive line and an injured second run option it becomes flat out predictable. I agree.....we can't not ride the horse (Channing) but we have to get him the ball in some more creative ways. Maybe some direct snaps, split him out wide in the passing game, run some screens or maybe a few more option calls. Maybe even let him play some tight end. I would even suggest letting him get his breath for an offensive series or two in the first half.......If he's not in the game, maybe the defense won't know who to key on....I'm always a fan of a little slight of hand in the coaching game. As far as the game goes, I believe this probably is a must win for the Bobcats purely from a confidence perspective. I predict they get some key personnel back and get the job done by 6.

Who is the key personnel that is coming back? Are you talking about Haddix to replace Back?
LCA is the best team in 1A this year. They have one of the best runningbacks and quarterbacks in 1A as well. They're offense is VERY high powered. Giving different looks squeezing all the talent out of their boys.

DTRAIN! http://www.lcasports.org/football/video/...hayden.wmv
Breathitt in a close one
LCA is #1 in 1A right now.
Who is in the top 5 in 1A as of this week?
mandan Wrote:If the coach is determined to get Fugate his yards, they won't win another game until district. They have become so one-dimensional they are too predictable. What happened to the wide-open offense that was Breathitt's trademark? Maybe the talent is just not there to run that type offense anymore. Lots of problems (injuries, depth, youth, turnovers, poor play) with no apparent solutions, on top of a tough schedule, equals more losses.IMO

This is all true, plus you have to consider the loss of Coach Chapman. Lex. Christian is the real deal. They are 1A, but REALLY talented and REALLY well coached. They have a whos who among High School coaching on their staff.
I heard that Haddix wasn't starting at QB this week and that Freshmen Richard Trent was being put under center. Anything could be better then Haddix at this point. He just isn't getting it done and the bobcats need a win badly so they can go in to district play with a lil confidence.
Wow......I might have figured moving Haddix to reciever.....but wouldn't have guess running back. It will be an interesting move thats for sure!!!!
Lexington Christian wins by a landslide. Breathitt is a mess this year
LC by 10