Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County @ Lexington Christian 9/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a must win game for Breathitt. Will the Bobcats get things turned around or will they lose their fourth game in a row.
Nope LCA will win this one and Breahitt will be 1-4.
Not a must win game, but it would be nice to see some improvement.
It is a must win because your teams expectations were very high coming into the season and it is fading away quickly. Breathitt needs to use the whole team instead of relying heavily on two guys to win there games. The team also needs two learn to have some heart because they dont have none as they just rolled over against PCC the other night. I also noticed it seems like a lot of kids are playing with injuries and if they are they need to let those injuries heal or otherwise its going to cost them later down the line. I noticed Channing seems to be favoring an ankle injury. Ankle problems are terrible specially if you let them get worse and it will take forever to heal. I say if your breathitt after you let this guys get some rest and get healthy then you need to work on conditioning your team and start letting some guys play early because your not going to beat a good team by playing your starters the whole 24 minutes of the game.
Lex. Christian will win this one IMO.
Unless Breathitt has figured things out, LCA will take this game by 2-3 TD's. LCA is one of the most talented team in 1A and are very well coached. I really think that Breathitt will be 1-4 after this Friday.

Good luck to both teams!
Breahitt will be ready and I think they will air it out a bit more..but I'll still take LCA by a touchdown
bac2369 Wrote:It is a must win because your teams expectations were very high coming into the season and it is fading away quickly. Breathitt needs to use the whole team instead of relying heavily on two guys to win there games. The team also needs two learn to have some heart because they dont have none as they just rolled over against PCC the other night. I also noticed it seems like a lot of kids are playing with injuries and if they are they need to let those injuries heal or otherwise its going to cost them later down the line. I noticed Channing seems to be favoring an ankle injury. Ankle problems are terrible specially if you let them get worse and it will take forever to heal. I say if your breathitt after you let this guys get some rest and get healthy then you need to work on conditioning your team and start letting some guys play early because your not going to beat a good team by playing your starters the whole 24 minutes of the game.
Still, not a must win. This is not a district game. I would say that this is a game that is a must as far as seeing improvement. The last few games have been steps backward and really have not hiven the Bobcats any positives to look at. I think it is more important that the Bobcats have something positive come out of this game, and the result as far as winning or losing is irrelevant.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Still, not a must win. This is not a district game. I would say that this is a game that is a must as far as seeing improvement. The last few games have been steps backward and really have not hiven the Bobcats any positives to look at. I think it is more important that the Bobcats have something positive come out of this game, and the result as far as winning or losing is irrelevant.

I agree they do need something positive to keep there heads up but they really need a win to get the confidence back up and keep the players interested. I think coach holcomb needs to get his team coniditioned because anyone can tell how out of shape some of the boys were and also they need to work with the offensive line. There offense will be fine but they play calling needs to be mixed up because about everyone knows who is going to get the ball and when that happens it makes the game a lot easier for the other team and makes your team 1-D.
Channing Fugate and the Bobcats get back on track. Breathitt wins!!!
I dont know about the Bobcats. They needed to show me something after the Pburg lose, but they didnt. They fell apart agian in the second half to PCC. Breathitt needs to get their heads on straight and start playing ball the way they are supposed to be playing. The QB needs to get better holding onto the ball, I think he had a total of 6 or 7 turnovers against PCC himself. Channing can not do it all by himself. The line needs to step up and take charge at the point of attack and stop playing patty cake. The defense needs to learn how to cover the passing game. The last two games, the passing game is what has hurt Breathitt the most. I dont htink they could cover my grandmother if she went out for a pass. We need to get out of that zone we play on defense and start getting after people. If Breathitt can improve just on the o line, we would have been atleast 2-2. But, the players have hard work to come, they still have a very hard schedule ahead of them. If the players came come together and play together, they can go where they want to go. If not, I dont know if we will get past the second round. As far as a predition for Fridays game, Im gonna have to wait and see some practice before I say either way.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Not a must win game, but it would be nice to see some improvement.

How can you say this isn't a must win. Breathitt gets manhandled against Sheldon Clark. Breathitt gets out played and outcoached in the second half of the Prestonsburg game and they get dominated in the second half of Perry County Central game. The only team Breathitt has beat this year is Mercer County and they are 0-4. This is a must win for the bobcats because if they can pull off a win this will give the bobcats the confidence they need to salvage the season. This isn't a must win in terms of making the playoff's because Breathitt plays in the weakest district in 3A this year but if the bobcats are going to make a run at another state title this is a must win. This is the biggest game of the year for the cats and after this week we will see if they are pretenders or contenders. Go Bobcats!!!!
Breathitt County falls on the road this week.
BC has alot pride! it would be good for the team to win this, and i think they will.
Cat Daddy Wrote:How can you say this isn't a must win. Breathitt gets manhandled against Sheldon Clark. Breathitt gets out played and outcoached in the second half of the Prestonsburg game and they get dominated in the second half of Perry County Central game. The only team Breathitt has beat this year is Mercer County and they are 0-4. This is a must win for the bobcats because if they can pull off a win this will give the bobcats the confidence they need to salvage the season. This isn't a must win in terms of making the playoff's because Breathitt plays in the weakest district in 3A this year but if the bobcats are going to make a run at another state title this is a must win. This is the biggest game of the year for the cats and after this week we will see if they are pretenders or contenders. Go Bobcats!!!!
[INDENT]Typical post from a person from Breathitt Co. Attack a poster that he\she does not agree with before they know where the other poster is coming from. This is a very important game, as is every game from here on in as far as confidence, but not as far as seeding. I sometimes forget that some people who live in that area know all there is to know about football and everyone else knows nothing.....GEEEESH
[/INDENT]
What has happend to Breathitt since they dismantled Mercer county?I thought they would contend for a state title this year.
Breathitt @ LCA....LCA Rolls at home.
I would like to see Breathitt win. But Lex will take this one.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:[INDENT]Typical post from a person from Breathitt Co. Attack a poster that he\she does not agree with before they know where the other poster is coming from. This is a very important game, as is every game from here on in as far as confidence, but not as far as seeding. I sometimes forget that some people who live in that area know all there is to know about football and everyone else knows nothing.....GEEEESH
[/INDENT]

I have never claimed to know more than anyone else on this site but I do feel this is a must win for the bobcats. If you don't agree with me then oh well. GEEEESH!!!!!!!!!
If the coach is determined to get Fugate his yards, they won't win another game until district. They have become so one-dimensional they are too predictable. What happened to the wide-open offense that was Breathitt's trademark? Maybe the talent is just not there to run that type offense anymore. Lots of problems (injuries, depth, youth, turnovers, poor play) with no apparent solutions, on top of a tough schedule, equals more losses.IMO
Breathitt hasn't lost to any slackers, but then LCA isn't a slacker either....I don't know what way to go with this one...Breathitt needs to right the ship now b/c mentally its hard to sustain loss after loss....I'm gonna say LCA edges this one out though
mandan Wrote:If the coach is determined to get Fugate his yards, they won't win another game until district. They have become so one-dimensional they are too predictable. What happened to the wide-open offense that was Breathitt's trademark? Maybe the talent is just not there to run that type offense anymore. Lots of problems (injuries, depth, youth, turnovers, poor play) with no apparent solutions, on top of a tough schedule, equals more losses.IMO

They got plenty of talent. Its just not getting on the field.SMS the middle school almost always has a good team. The talent goes somewhere it sure doesnt go anywhere expect to breathitt. Injuries really are killing breathitt and depth too. If breathitt is going to get business done against LCA they need to play some good defense and hope they can contain LCA big 3. Witt, Hayden and Burdette. Breathitt will need to throw some trickery to get lca turned out of wack because the 2nd touchdown of the game for breathitt was just brilliant.
Being that this game is in Lexington and Breathitt has struggled to win, I take Lex Christ in a close one.
LCA by 2 TD's
Holcomb will have still troops ready! I'm taking Breathitt!
LCA will shut down the 1 man team and blast Breathitt Co at Home! Until BC learns to play as a team they will continue to lose.

LCA 28
Breathitt Co 7

LCA will improve to 4-0.
Breathitt Co will fall to 1-4.
This is Breathitt's last chance to prove that they are one of the state's best. LCA has a very good offense, but their defense has been known to give up points. IMO this game will end up being a shootout and could go either way. May the better team win.

Best of luck to both!
the crowd and other teams know what holcomb is going to do. Haddix to Fugate over and over. Yet the scoreboard shows bhs losing over and over. CHANGE IT UP!!!!!!!!!!. this is not working.
Breathitt just needs to worry about winning their district and maybe they will get them back on track.
I wonder if any of the above posters have actually been to any of the games lately. All i keep reading is that they give the fugate kid the ball too much. The problem is that they dont give the ball to him enough, especially when it matters. Each of the last 2 games they have been up at halftime and then basically got shut down the second half. Each of the last 2 games fugate got the ball 13 or 14 times the first half and only 5 the second half. Think that there might be a correlation? Dont ask me why the coach decides to let the quarterback do all the work the second half but you can see where it has got them. He has 9 turnovers the last 2 games. I'm not knocking the kid, i'm knocking the coaching. Continue to give your best player the ball and you will win. Pretty simple. It would also help if they would run some new plays. Right now they only run about 3 plays to fugate, and a couple of those they only run out of 1 formation. Not too hard to gameplan for a team when you only have to prepare for 3 or 4 plays.
Pages: 1 2