Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg
46.84%
Breathitt County
53.16%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Breathitt County 9/4 - 104.5 FM/960 WPRT www.ekbsports.com
This will be a great game. P'burg is really playing great. Breathitt will be very hungry after their loss to SC. Expect it to be a hard fought game by both. I think Breathitt will have learned a lot from their loss. BC by 14.
Don't see Breathitt not councing back with some fire especially playing at home for the first time. It will be a good game but Fugate and Haddix will need to step up so I will take the Bobcats 28 - 16.
:please:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Breathitt Co struggled against a Sheldon Clark at home. Prestonsburg will come in and destroy Breathitt Co. Breathitt Co hasn't beaten a quality team yet but a team that went 6-6 last year in Mercer Co. Who got beat again tonight so now there 0-2. The Burg has played a good quality opponent in Belfry. Burg will shut down Breathitt's run game. A little film from the SC game and Blackcats will take care of business next week.

Prestonsburg 35
Breathitt Co 7
:lmao:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:IMO, Breathitt was exposed last night. If they cannot run the ball with Fugate & Haddix than they are in deep trouble. Prestonsburg's offense is very explosive and hasn't been slowed down yet. Their defense is just as good as Sheldon Clark's, but SC does have the size over Pburg's defense. Prestonsburg's front 7 has gotten into the backfield's with ease against both Belfry & Paintsville making a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage.

I don't think that Prestonsburg's defense will hold Fugate to 5-yards rushing like Sheldon Clark did, but they will hold him enough to force Breathitt to throw and Prestonsburg's pass defense over the past two seasons has been phenomenal to say the least.

Should be an excellent game, but I'll take Prestonsburg by two touchdowns.
:dontthink
oneijoe Wrote:I don't know what you're seeing to lead you to THAT prediction. I doubt there's ONE person in P-burg (including player's parents!) that sees the game that lopsided.

Breathitt Co. and Prestonsburg have played a LOT of entertaining football games. Footballs usually fly all over the place as either team doesn't hesitate throwing downfield if they think something's there.

For Breathitt Co... Will Fugate will be able to get big plays? Prestonsburg doesn't play a "stone wall" type defense (like Sheldon Clark) - it focuses more on not giving up big plays. As such, I think Fugate getting 100-150 yds. is a given. The focus is how many rushes does it take to get them. If Holcombe gets impatient and puts the ball up, it plays to the Blackcats. I don't think Breathitt Co. can beat P-burg through the air.

For Prestonsburg... Can the O-line give Burchett enough time to throw ? Breathitt Co.'s 6-2 allows a lot of pass rushers. If the running game can slow down the rush and/or it's blocked effectively, Prestonsburg could win with the passing game - it's that good.
BOBCAT Wrote::lmao:

That was your response when someone said Sheldon Clark was going to beat Breathitt. Wink
Should be interesting!
I think Breathitt rebounds nicely this week and wins at home
BC 28
P Burg 14
BOBCAT Wrote::please: :lmao: :dontthink

Someone's having entirely too much fun with the little smiley thingees...

:biggrin:
I think that prestonsburg will get beat by breathitt county next friday and channing fugate and jade haddix both will have great games. Therefore, good luck to both teams.
P-Burg takes em. 28-14
Prestonsburg is playing Breathitt at a bad time. The Bobcats will be hungry
If Prestonsburg can move the ball through the air as easily as they have the past 2 games, then Prestonsburg wins this one. If Breathitt Co. can slow down P-burgs passing game and makes P-burg resort to the ground game, then the Bobcats will win. Basically, it's as simple as that.
well breathitt loes one game and everyone counts them out. lmao they lost 2 in a row last year and still made it to the big show.speaking of big the BIG HORSE bounces back with around 250 on the ground and 50 recieving. breathitt wins

breathitt-42
prestonburg-28
bobcatlunatik Wrote:well breathitt loes one game and everyone counts them out. lmao they lost 2 in a row last year and still made it to the big show.speaking of big the BIG HORSE bounces back with around 250 on the ground and 50 recieving. breathitt wins

breathitt-42
prestonburg-28
I sure hope we can execute better than last week. I was told when we tried to do anything we fell on our faces as far as execution or penalties. GO BOBCATS! 24-18
Twitter: @tc_analytics

BC by 14
MVP2 Wrote:This will be one **** of a game! Fugate will bounce back with a huge game!

Breathitt Co-21
Pburg-14
:Thumbs:
oneijoe Wrote:I don't know what you're seeing to lead you to THAT prediction. I doubt there's ONE person in P-burg (including player's parents!) that sees the game that lopsided.

Breathitt Co. and Prestonsburg have played a LOT of entertaining football games. Footballs usually fly all over the place as either team doesn't hesitate throwing downfield if they think something's there.

For Breathitt Co... Will Fugate will be able to get big plays? Prestonsburg doesn't play a "stone wall" type defense (like Sheldon Clark) - it focuses more on not giving up big plays. As such, I think Fugate getting 100-150 yds. is a given. The focus is how many rushes does it take to get them. If Holcombe gets impatient and puts the ball up, it plays to the Blackcats. I don't think Breathitt Co. can beat P-burg through the air.

For Prestonsburg... Can the O-line give Burchett enough time to throw ? Breathitt Co.'s 6-2 allows a lot of pass rushers. If the running game can slow down the rush and/or it's blocked effectively, Prestonsburg could win with the passing game - it's that good.

They may have to change up there defense if Pburg runs the spread and throws the ball around all game. I would love to see the blackcats take this one from BC at Jackson.
Breathitt by 6
Thinking about Bobcats instead of Vols could help a lot and Bobcats will wins,Fugate will get it togeather and Haddix's passes will be caught and defense plays well,so that means Bobcats wins!!!
Just hope P'burg coach thinks Haddix can't beat them through Air,but hey isn't he the coach that wasn't going to let them beat them in 2002 passing the football,when Haddix's brother(Justin) got 5 TD on ground,so on ground through the air dont matter BOBCATS win in Great Game!!!
Breathitt wins big
Csportsman11 Wrote:Thinking about Bobcats instead of Vols could help a lot and Bobcats will wins,Fugate will get it togeather and Haddix's passes will be caught and defense plays well,so that means Bobcats wins!!!
Just hope P'burg coach thinks Haddix can't beat them through Air,but hey isn't he the coach that wasn't going to let them beat them in 2002 passing the football,when Haddix's brother(Justin) got 5 TD on ground,so on ground through the air dont matter BOBCATS win in Great Game!!!

If the BC offense (Fugate & Haddix run and throw at will) and defense (Prestonsburg can't move the football) does all that, I'll agree with you. Who wouldn't ??

:eyeroll:
Last week was disappointing and aggravating. come on Holcomb, when Fugate is being prevented from running the ball, DO SOMETHING ELSE!!!! How many players are on the team. Is it strictly the Fugate and Haddix show? Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the Bobcats and want them to do well and make the playoffs, win the thing. I just don't think you will advance too far if the playing continues like it did last week. I didn't see any fire under any of the boys for Breathitt, Wolfe did try to get the crowd into the game several times. If the crowd sees the team excited, they are more apt to cheer and not accept defeat easily. Everyone is expecting Fugate is be awesome all the time, This is what the others teams are going to try their hardest to prevent. Do the unexpected and win some games.
I would say that this game is in contention for being the game of the week due to Prestonsburg looking good the last two games and Breathitt coming off a loss to Sheldon Clark. This game may just be too close to call-but I will say Breathitt wins a close one.
how much is admission?
BlackcatStudent Wrote:how much is admission?

Bowl games usually charge either $5-$7 dollars.
P-Burg 15 -14
It's tough to beat Breathitt at home especially for the Honey Bowl, and with them coming of a very disappointing loss. I don't question Holcomb's use of Fugat during the SC game."You ride the horse that brung ya." and he is definately a horse. I still like P-burg's chances
P-burg-32
Breathitt-28
This in my opinion will be the game to be at this week ...It should be down to the wire ...I am taking my Blackcats by one TD ...Prove me right ! Good Luck to Both Teams
Go Bobcats......Get your heads out of your behinds and do what you need to do to win this game. No repeat performance from the WR's and line I hope.
Twitter: @tc_analytics