Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ Breathitt County 9/4 - 104.5 FM/960 WPRT www.ekbsports.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Honey Bowl in Jackson.

Predictions/Thoughts?
This game is so delicious it should be a sin Big Grin
P'Burg 21
Breathitt 20
Prestonsburg
I will go with Breathitt at home. They will be looking for revenge.
I will be attending this one. It's going to a rough trip for me, but should be worth it.

This game will be much more hyped up now the way Prestonsburg has been playing the first two weeks and with Breathitt County losing to Sheldon Clark tonight. I will tell you right now that this game will live up to the hype. Should be close throughout. BCA has said it before, Breathitt County seems to have a little trouble turning the ball over when they play Prestonsburg. Breathitt has had the better team the last two years and will have the better team going into next week's game. But, Prestonsburg is on a role right now playing great team football. The injury bug could hurt the Blackcats in this one if a player/players like Burchett, Craynon, or McKinney goes down.

I think Fugate will get his yards and will not be much slowed down, but I think Haddix will have trouble figuring out the Blackcat defense. I think Prestonsburg will stack the middle on defense and force Haddix to make some plays of his own. I'm guessing that's what Sheldon Clark did to defeat them this evening. But anyhow, here is my prediction score:

Breathitt County - 21
Prestonsburg - 20

I give the slight edge to Breathitt only because their playing in Jackson. Best of luck to both teams!
Going to be a great game with some big hits by both teams. Breathitt better get over the loss and fix what SC took advantage of or Prestonsburg will beat them. I say Breathitt 24-21
Wow what a game!!! Umm I wanna say Breathitt but im going with Prestonsburg.

P-Burg 35
Breathitt 28
I will take Prestonsburg in this one. It should be a close one.
Prestonsburg- 27
Breathitt-20
This will be one **** of a game! Fugate will bounce back with a huge game!

Breathitt Co-21
Pburg-14
how do they score 50 something on mercer and not score on sc, they cant be that good on defense,would like to see the film...
i like p-burg in a close one
Prestonsburg is on a role, goin into this game with the momentum. Breathitt will be p*ssed off and fired up after losin to Sheldon Clark, PLUS they will be looking to avenge the loss they suffered to Pburg last year. I look for this game to be a knock down drag out with whoever has the ball last winnin.
cuppett777 Wrote:how do they score 50 something on mercer and not score on sc, they cant be that good on defense,would like to see the film...
They only gave up 6 points, defense is good, offense is not so good. If Breathitt does not find other weapons other than Fugate, could be an early out in the playoffs. That being said, I think this game is comparable to the Estill County game last regular season, with different results. Breathitt will bounce back and be better for the loss to SC.
cuppett777 Wrote:how do they score 50 something on mercer and not score on sc, they cant be that good on defense,would like to see the film...
You and me both. I just want to know how Fugate is held to 5 rushing yards on the game. I believe that is what was said on WYMT.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I will be attending this one. It's going to a rough trip for me, but should be worth it.

This game will be much more hyped up now the way Prestonsburg has been playing the first two weeks and with Breathitt County losing to Sheldon Clark tonight. I will tell you right now that this game will live up to the hype. Should be close throughout. BCA has said it before, Breathitt County seems to have a little trouble turning the ball over when they play Prestonsburg. Breathitt has had the better team the last two years and will have the better team going into next week's game. But, Prestonsburg is on a role right now playing great team football. The injury bug could hurt the Blackcats in this one if a player/players like Burchett, Craynon, or McKinney goes down.

I think Fugate will get his yards and will not be much slowed down, but I think Haddix will have trouble figuring out the Blackcat defense. I think Prestonsburg will stack the middle on defense and force Haddix to make some plays of his own. I'm guessing that's what Sheldon Clark did to defeat them this evening. But anyhow, here is my prediction score:

Breathitt County - 21
Prestonsburg - 20

I give the slight edge to Breathitt only because their playing in Jackson. Best of luck to both teams!

Looks about right to me. Couldnt have said it better myself. I would love to see Pburg take 2 in a row from them though.
I can't say until we hear what happened to Fugate. Something had to go horribly wrong! No defense is that good. What gives?????? P-burg could pull the shocker no matter the circumstances. Still i am in awe at the moment. My take is Breathitt will win. How will th egame play out who knows?
Theres nothing better than seeing a Floyd Co. team win...and when it comes to home cookin P-burg is the place to be...UNFORTINATLY BC stills the dessert and pulls out the win...good luck BLACKCATS
Breathitt Co struggled against a Sheldon Clark at home. Prestonsburg will come in and destroy Breathitt Co. Breathitt Co hasn't beaten a quality team yet but a team that went 6-6 last year in Mercer Co. Who got beat again tonight so now there 0-2. The Burg has played a good quality opponent in Belfry. Burg will shut down Breathitt's run game. A little film from the SC game and Blackcats will take care of business next week.

Prestonsburg 35
Breathitt Co 7
Breathitt over looked SC, they will be ready for P-burg.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Breathitt Co struggled against a Sheldon Clark at home. Prestonsburg will come in and destroy Breathitt Co. Breathitt Co hasn't beaten a quality team yet but a team that went 6-6 last year in Mercer Co. Who got beat again tonight so now there 0-2. The Burg has played a good quality opponent in Belfry. Burg will shut down Breathitt's run game. A little film from the SC game and Blackcats will take care of business next week.

Prestonsburg 35
Breathitt Co 7

Maybe so but I don't think Pburgs D-line is a dominate as SC's. SC's D-line was the key factor in their win against Breathitt, they manhandled BC's O-line.
Redneck Wrote:Maybe so but I don't think Pburgs D-line is a dominate as SC's. SC's D-line was the key factor in their win against Breathitt, they manhandled BC's O-line.

Sheldon Clark's D-line may be bigger and stronger, but Breathitt will not see a front 7 with as much speed as Pburg's besides if they play Central in the finals.
Even though they beat my Pirates last week, I'll pull for the blackcats in this one. ****, I'll pull for anyone to beat Breathitt after knocking off Belfry last year.
IMO what happened last night at SC, Breathitt will have a fire under them unlike they had last night. With Pburg beating them last year, that just adds fule to the fire. Ill take Breathitt, by 14.
IMO, Breathitt was exposed last night. If they cannot run the ball with Fugate & Haddix than they are in deep trouble. Prestonsburg's offense is very explosive and hasn't been slowed down yet. Their defense is just as good as Sheldon Clark's, but SC does have the size over Pburg's defense. Prestonsburg's front 7 has gotten into the backfield's with ease against both Belfry & Paintsville making a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage.

I don't think that Prestonsburg's defense will hold Fugate to 5-yards rushing like Sheldon Clark did, but they will hold him enough to force Breathitt to throw and Prestonsburg's pass defense over the past two seasons has been phenomenal to say the least.

Should be an excellent game, but I'll take Prestonsburg by two touchdowns.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Breathitt Co struggled against a Sheldon Clark at home. Prestonsburg will come in and destroy Breathitt Co. Breathitt Co hasn't beaten a quality team yet but a team that went 6-6 last year in Mercer Co. Who got beat again tonight so now there 0-2. The Burg has played a good quality opponent in Belfry. Burg will shut down Breathitt's run game. A little film from the SC game and Blackcats will take care of business next week.

Prestonsburg 35
Breathitt Co 7

I don't know what you're seeing to lead you to THAT prediction. I doubt there's ONE person in P-burg (including player's parents!) that sees the game that lopsided.

Breathitt Co. and Prestonsburg have played a LOT of entertaining football games. Footballs usually fly all over the place as either team doesn't hesitate throwing downfield if they think something's there.

For Breathitt Co... Will Fugate will be able to get big plays? Prestonsburg doesn't play a "stone wall" type defense (like Sheldon Clark) - it focuses more on not giving up big plays. As such, I think Fugate getting 100-150 yds. is a given. The focus is how many rushes does it take to get them. If Holcombe gets impatient and puts the ball up, it plays to the Blackcats. I don't think Breathitt Co. can beat P-burg through the air.

For Prestonsburg... Can the O-line give Burchett enough time to throw ? Breathitt Co.'s 6-2 allows a lot of pass rushers. If the running game can slow down the rush and/or it's blocked effectively, Prestonsburg could win with the passing game - it's that good.
Breathitt will bounce back from the Sheldon Clark defeat. Breathitt always has a tendency to start the year off slow. I predict Channing will have 200 plus yards and Jade will be ready to play on both sides of the ball. The offensive line has something to prove after last week. Breathitt 35 - Prestonsburg 14.
Breathitt County wins 63-0 just so BlackcatAlum has to fight his running up the score battle for another week... Big Grin

J/K

Pburg always plays tough in Jackson and the typical Derrossett team usually matches up well with Breathitt due to their athleticism and aggressive defense. I think Breathitt will enjoy some success on the ground, but one has to think how much of a toll physically last night's game will take on the Bobcats.

I predict a hard fought heavy hitting game, but...

Breathitt 28
Pburg 20
That pretty funny lol, great post!!
This game will be close all the way to the end and there is no point in me calling a score yet until i have had a week to study both teams.
This game will be a dandy, with Breathitt losing last night and the way that P-BURG has been playing lately it may become the best game in the state. This game may be too close to call as far as a winner.
Pages: 1 2 3