Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Best Rivalries in EKY?
Patriot Wrote:I'm pretty sure it's a done deal I can remember something about it on WYMT, they are only going to play in sports that they have to. That leaves football out!

Also I think the Harlan County/Letcher Central will turn into a healthy rivalry, expecially with the middleschools playing every year.

Harlan County/bell county will also turn into a great rivalry, the first game will be instant rivalry most of these boys played some good CVC games in middleschool.

Isn't football the only sport this applies to?See this doesn't make alot of sense to me about the whole Hazard/Perry Central thing.

Basketball and girls basketball they are in the same district. Baseball and softball they are in the same district. Soccer is the same district.
Something smells fishy, if you are going to avoid each other at least go the Lexington public schools route and petition the KHSAA to put you in different districts and regions like with Lexington Catholic. Maybe the $ from those three basketball games is enough to compromise.
Hazard and PCC have become very very heated over the last threw years not only on the gridiron but also every other sport they play each other in. Football is the most aggressive though, those kids really hate each other at those schools, and funny things is the kids go from one school to the other each year.
C.Clair Wrote:Hazard and PCC have become very very heated over the last threw years not only on the gridiron but also every other sport they play each other in. Football is the most aggressive though, those kids really hate each other at those schools, and funny things is the kids go from one school to the other each year.

That may be why there is so much tension! I just know about it by what I've seen on WYMT-TV. Looks like the baskeball games get pretty heated to, but they seem to do pretty well in the Mountain Classic when they play. Who knows.!
bell-rock
hazard-pcc
lcc-pcc
n.laurel-s.laurel
lcc-clay
just a few
C.Clair Wrote:Hazard and PCC have become very very heated over the last threw years not only on the gridiron but also every other sport they play each other in. Football is the most aggressive though, those kids really hate each other at those schools, and funny things is the kids go from one school to the other each year.

It is not the kids, it is the fans. The kids party with each other and everthing. By the way i was told about Hazard and PCC playing each other. If this don't help out non. They will make the games were no one can watch it. It just take a few ******** to mess it up for everyone else.....
Before i graduated Lawrence County in 07, we always anticipated the game against Sheldon Clark. Pretty big rivalry there.
Russell vs. Raceland
Russell vs. Ashland
Recently Russell vs. Mason Co.
bell_co98 Wrote:bell and m-boro

One sided rivalry that doesn't exist anymore Middlesboro dropped Bell County 5 years ago.
Amped 88 Wrote:One sided rivalry that doesn't exist anymore Middlesboro dropped Bell County 5 years ago.

Before they build Perry Co. Central Hazard won that rival 24 or 25 years in a row. So winning it 5 years in a rown don't mean nothing. It is still a good game.
RUSSELL VS ASHLAND!!!
the game this year might be a must see because the teams are going to be so even.
Past times.
Corbin vs. Bell
M'boro vs. Bell

Something happened and 2 of the teams quit playing Bell from the looks of things the past couple of years it is a good thing b/c they would have been blow-outs. :redboxer:

Bell vs. Cawood was always good as well back in the late 80's and early 90's.

Present-day
Bell vs. Rock
Corbin vs. South
Bell vs. Knox
Corbin vs. M'boro
Lynn camp vs. Williamsburg
Belfry vs. Sheldon Clark (althought Belfry has dominated)
PCC vs. Hazard
North Laurel vs. South Laurel
Johnson Central vs. Belfry
Belfry vs. Breathit
Prestonsburg vs Belfry
JC vs Paintsville
PCC vs Hazard
Middlesboro vs Corbin
Estill & Powell

Estill & Montgomery
Mason- Vs- Russell
I like that! LCC and Harlan Co. That will be a good sportsmanship rivalry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
The sheldon clark-belfrey hasnt been a rivalry due to the fact that sheldon clarks program didnt start until mid 80s then only 1 winning season witch was under a supper coach of C. Willams even jim matney took yrs there before he understood how to win. But i do look for a little bit of a rival between them now.
Hazard vs pcc
Pretty Easy Hazard vs PCC.

Bell vs Rock
Hazard vs Pikeville
JC vs Belfry
APPLE BOWL!!! Go this year and you will see. It is the biggest rivalry game I have ever witnessed.[B][/B]
hazard decided they didnt want to play pcc in any sport they dont have too. they dont have to play each other in football because there in different classes. the only way they have to play each other is if they seed on there district tournaments at the end of the year. i know in boys basketball they dont seed, they draw. i believe ending this rivalry is a mistake though. athletes at both schools look forward to there games against each other all year long. its not right to take them away because of the way some of the fans act. if you have to, lock them up in a gym with coaches, players, refs, and someone to keep score...maybe a few cops too.
bigcoachallen Wrote:APPLE BOWL!!! Go this year and you will see. It is the biggest rivalry game I have ever witnessed.[B][/B]

I'm pretty sure they stopped the Apple Bowl. Also, if this is the "Top 10 Best Rivalries in EKY", then where's Trinity vs St. Xavier?

1. Trinity vs St. Xavier
2. Paintsville vs Johnson Central (It's hardly ever close, but it's still a big rivalry)
3. Belfry vs Sheldon Clark
4. Raceland vs Fairview
5. Ashland vs Russell
6. Johnson Central vs Belfry
7. Bell Co. vs Rockcastle Co.
8. Bell Co. vs Johnson Central (coming soon)
9. Shelby Valley vs Prestonsburg
10. Hazard vs Perry Central
What about Somerset vs Corbin?
i think east ridge and shelby valley have a good rivalry going and jc and belfry have a good one to if it will keep going
Prestonsburg vs. Breathitt Co.
Prestonsburg vs. Pikeville
Prestonsburg vs. Belfry
Pikeville vs. Belfry
Johnson Central vs. Paintsville
Johnson Central vs. Belfry
Russell vs. Raceland
Russell vs. Ashland Blazer
Raceland vs. Fairview
Hazard vs. Perry Co. Central
Bell Co. vs. Rockcastle Co.
Lawrence Co. vs. Sheldon Clark
South Laurel vs. North Laurel
Somerset vs. Corbin
Pulaski Co. vs. Knox Central
if they still played pike centrale and pikeville would be a great rivalry
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I'm pretty sure they stopped the Apple Bowl. Also, if this is the "Top 10 Best Rivalries in EKY", then where's Trinity vs St. Xavier?

1. Trinity vs St. Xavier
2. Paintsville vs Johnson Central (It's hardly ever close, but it's still a big rivalry)
3. Belfry vs Sheldon Clark
4. Raceland vs Fairview
5. Ashland vs Russell
6. Johnson Central vs Belfry
7. Bell Co. vs Rockcastle Co.
8. Bell Co. vs Johnson Central (coming soon)
9. Shelby Valley vs Prestonsburg
10. Hazard vs Perry Central

Probably because those two schools aren't in Eastern Kentucky
i agree the apple bowl is good but not ever close
warriors#55 Wrote:i agree the apple bowl is good but not ever close

Agree. But, what ashame that Pville seen no purpose in playing anymore. They can say what they want about their reasons why. They will see a huge loss in revenue for their program. This was one of the largest gate receipts in the state. No everything is not about money, but it was important to the community. Or was till Pville could not handle the continual defeats. We did not here JC complain all those years they got their butts kicked royally.
what about east ridge shelby valley thats a good rivalry
warriors#55 Wrote:what about east ridge shelby valley thats a good rivalry

No it's not. Shelby Valley has beaten East Ridge every single time they've played.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]