Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Best Rivalries in EKY?
What are your top 10 best rivalrys in eastern kentucky?
PCC and Hazard is most deffiently one and also South and North Laurel
Raceland and Fairview
GreenupPlayer1976 Wrote:Raceland and Fairview

I would also add Raceland and Russell. Raceland and Lawrence Co. had a great rivalry in the 80's and 90's
Pikeville and Belfry.
Paintsville and JC
South Floyd and Allen Central
I think Prestonsburg and Shelby Valley also.
bell and m-boro
May not be as prestigous but East Ridge and Magoffin County have had great games decided by 8 pts or less in the last 5 years
Phelps vs Hurley..good game
That has never been a rivalry. Because of the one incident in the mid 80's people want to think there has been a yearly rivalry. The old Johns Creek games were much better than any game with Hurley.
Raceland/Fairview
well now it is a rivalry with phelps and hurley..
(in no particular order)
Bell vs. Rockcastle
Ashland vs. Russell
Hazard vs. Perry Central
South Laurel vs. North Laurel
Belfry vs. Pikeville
Johnson Central vs. Ashland
Corbin vs. South Laurel
Russell vs. Raceland
Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry
Hazard vs. Pikeville

IMO,
Bell vs. Rock
Russell vs. Ashland
and, Hazard vs. PCC
EKUAlum05 Wrote:(in no particular order)
Bell vs. Rockcastle
Ashland vs. Russell
Hazard vs. Perry Central
Belfry vs. Pikeville
Corbin vs. South Laurel
Russell vs. Raceland
Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry
Hazard vs. Pikeville

IMO,
Bell vs. Rock
Russell vs. Ashland
and, Hazard vs. PCC

:Thumbs:
With the things that have happened after the first few years, Letcher Central and Clay County is looking like it could be a huge rivalry for a whole lot of years
Belfry Vs Breathitt
Pburg Vs Breathitt
Russell Vs Breathitt
Prestonsburg vs. Belfry is about to start back up.
Bell vs. Rockcastle
Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry
Sheldon Clark vs. Prestonsburg (starts back this season)
I hope Belfry and Johnson Central continue to play each other. I think that game could develop a nice rivalry if the series continues for some time.

Bragging rights of course.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:(in no particular order)
Bell vs. Rockcastle
Ashland vs. Russell
Hazard vs. Perry Central
Belfry vs. Pikeville
Corbin vs. South Laurel
Russell vs. Raceland
Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry
Hazard vs. Pikeville

IMO,
Bell vs. Rock
Russell vs. Ashland
and, Hazard vs. PCC

EKU, I trust your input so I'm asking you this question: I've heard some things recently of the rivalry between Hazard and PCC that suggest it's gone beyond a good rivalry to the point of it being so heated that it's not even healthy anymore. Is that accurate in your opinion?
charlie22 Wrote:EKU, I trust your input so I'm asking you this question: I've heard some things recently of the rivalry between Hazard and PCC that suggest it's gone beyond a good rivalry to the point of it being so heated that it's not even healthy anymore. Is that accurate in your opinion?

I have heard alot about the fact that the rivalry has became so heated that both administartions have thought about taking time off from it. I, myslef, am not close enough to either school to know exactly what instances have pushed it to this level. Personally, I think that modern society has neutered rivalries from what they used to be. Heated competition, a little trash talk, and gamesmanship actually makes some rivalries better and increase school spirit and the gates for respective programs. In times where attendance numbers are at record lows we still need some heated rivalries, but I say this with an asterisk.

If in fact this rivalry has caused criminal acts and innocent students to fear for their safety and well being then I fully support any decisions to cool it down. Maybe someone can better share what is going on over in Hazard without posting rumors or anything that is against board rules.
I think another good one will be Harlan co. and Letcher Central.
I Rule The World Wrote:I think another good one will be Harlan co. and Letcher Central.

:popcorn:
charlie22 Wrote:EKU, I trust your input so I'm asking you this question: I've heard some things recently of the rivalry between Hazard and PCC that suggest it's gone beyond a good rivalry to the point of it being so heated that it's not even healthy anymore. Is that accurate in your opinion?

I am at all of the Hazard-PCC games and I have to say that I agree with what the Hazard Administration has done in not playing any games in the future. There have been several instances in recent years where things have gotten completely out of hand. A teacher hit/shoved an underage student, a fight after a soccer game (on the field) led to a player having to go to the emergency room, a fight after a recent basketball game led to one young man being tazed by the police. These are just a few instances. I have friends who have small children and they attend all Hazard games except the Hazard-PCC games and they won't go to them because they say they are afraid to take their kids to these games. I'm all for a good rivalry and I have always enjoyed the Hazard-PCC rivalry but I feel that there does need to be a cooling off period before something really bad happens.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I am at all of the Hazard-PCC games and I have to say that I agree with what the Hazard Administration has done in not playing any games in the future. There have been several instances in recent years where things have gotten completely out of hand. A teacher hit/shoved an underage student, a fight after a soccer game (on the field) led to a player having to go to the emergency room, a fight after a recent basketball game led to one young man being tazed by the police. These are just a few instances. I have friends who have small children and they attend all Hazard games except the Hazard-PCC games and they won't go to them because they say they are afraid to take their kids to these games. I'm all for a good rivalry and I have always enjoyed the Hazard-PCC rivalry but I feel that there does need to be a cooling off period before something really bad happens.

I disagree.
If they don't play all year, then say in basketball, meet in the postseason, there going to be tension building up all year, and it could make things worse.
I believe there not going to play in any sports, which is rediculas. How could you not play someone whos in your own district?
Bell vs. Rockcastle
Bell vs Mboro
Ashland vs. Russell
Hazard vs. PCC (When i play at Hazard, we use that week to get realdy for pikeville)
Belfry vs. Pikeville
Lynn Camp vs Williamsbrug
Russell vs. Raceland
Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry
Hazard vs. Pikeville
Pikeville Vs Paintsville
LCC vs PCC
Breathitt vs Belfry
(I think there will be a good one that will start next season)
LCC vs Harlan Co.

It is nothing like it use to be back in the 80's and 90's. Before they made Perry Co. Central. Back then after ever game no matter what it was. They got in a fight.
I'm pretty sure it's a done deal I can remember something about it on WYMT, they are only going to play in sports that they have to. That leaves football out!

Also I think the Harlan County/Letcher Central will turn into a healthy rivalry, expecially with the middleschools playing every year.

Harlan County/bell county will also turn into a great rivalry, the first game will be instant rivalry most of these boys played some good CVC games in middleschool.