Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Josh Whitaker to Shelby Valley
Okay Zulu- not sure WHO your source is but I think my source is very realiable. VERY REALIABLE!
One more time- it is a very (VERY) good possibility that Josh Whitaker will (WILL) be playing at SV 2009-2010 basketball season.
If the family makes the move, Coach Ed and his wife will be working in Pikeville somewhere and Josh will be playing basketball at SV. Afterwards, they will all go watch the older brother (Ryan) play for Pikeville College.
If not, well then Josh will play at Hazard. That's not a rumor.
coop08 Wrote:Okay Zulu- not sure WHO your source is but I think my source is very realiable. VERY REALIABLE!
One more time- it is a very (VERY) good possibility that Josh Whitaker will (WILL) be playing at SV 2009-2010 basketball season.
If the family makes the move, Coach Ed and his wife will be working in Pikeville somewhere and Josh will be playing basketball at SV. Afterwards, they will all go watch the older brother (Ryan) play for Pikeville College.

obviously a better source than yours. He will not be playing for SV and that a very, very (VERY) much a FACT.
coop08 Wrote:Okay Zulu- not sure WHO your source is but I think my source is very realiable. VERY REALIABLE!

Not sure who your source is, but they must not know too much about this situation.

I spoke DIRECTLY to the SOURCE and I can confirm that it is just a rumor that he's attending SV. Josh will be at Hazard next year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Not sure who your source is, but they must not know too much about this situation.

I spoke DIRECTLY to the SOURCE and I can confirm that it is just a rumor that he's attending SV. Josh will be at Hazard next year.

Well you are wrong, they are trying to find his wife a job in pike county, now if that dont work out he will probably stay at hazard, but they are trying to work things out so they can be closer to their other son and eddies family, and kywldcat01, you my friend dont know everthing, lol!!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:Well you are wrong, they are trying to find his wife a job in pike county, now if that dont work out he will probably stay at hazard, but they are trying to work things out so they can be closer to their other son and eddies family, and kywldcat01, you my friend dont know everthing, lol!!!!!!

Hey I don't proclaim to know everything....if you read through this thread, you'll notice I've pretty much stayed out of this topic.

The only reason I chimed in was because I had the opportunity to speak with Josh. I'm just reporting what he told me. He may have not told me everything he knows about what's going on, but I'm just reporting what the actual source, that's being discussed, told me.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Not sure who your source is, but they must not know too much about this situation.

Unless your SOURCE is Coach Ed, the wife, or Josh- your SOURCE isn't a very good one.
Like I said in an earlier post-Josh will be playing basketball where ever his dad is working. If the family decides to move to SV (should that situation play out) then Josh will play at SV. If not, Josh will play basketball at Hazard. What is there to discuss or argue about in that statement?
kywldcat01 Wrote:Hey I don't proclaim to know everything....if you read through this thread, you'll notice I've pretty much stayed out of this topic.

The only reason I chimed in was because I had the opportunity to speak with Josh. I'm just reporting what he told me. He may have not told me everything he knows about what's going on, but I'm just reporting what the actual source, that's being discussed, told me.

You must not have been listening to the conversation you and Josh were having. Josh will play basketball where his dad is at. It will be either at SV or Hazard.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Hey I don't proclaim to know everything....if you read through this thread, you'll notice I've pretty much stayed out of this topic.

Well even though Josh is what the discussion is about, Eddie would be the one that you have to speak to,try talking to him ,he might tell you but I doubt it ,you may be right......... but if things work out in pike county he will be there!!!!!!
With how SV performed in the AAU games this weekend, if he did come, I think SV would stand a very good chance at playing in the state championship game in Rupp!!!
trufan Wrote:With how SV performed in the AAU games this weekend, if he did come, I think SV would stand a very good chance at playing in the state championship game in Rupp!!!

Yeah Id say you right , I watched them in pikeville colleges team camp and they looked great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zulu Wrote:What grade are you in? First or second? Mute buttons are for sound. Last I checked Justice was still in high school and has not played one minute of D1 ball and he still may never. I'll still stick to my prediction on that. I still say he will not play NAIA or D2. You go way overboard regardless of what your little mind thinks. Grow up!

Of course he won't, he already has a full ride to play D-1.
scott county and holmes are my prediction for the state championship. even thought sv did beat scott, it is just summer ball.

as for whitaker, if he wants attention he better stay at hazard. he will get more shots this next year than he ever has before there. if he wants to go to rupp and have a chance at winning a few games there he will go to shelby valley.
wood_chuck Wrote:scott county and holmes are my prediction for the state championship. even thought sv did beat scott, it is just summer ball.

as for whitaker, if he wants attention he better stay at hazard. he will get more shots this next year than he ever has before there. if he wants to go to rupp and have a chance at winning a few games there he will go to shelby valley.

Exactly, if he stays at Hazard it will be all on him, if he goes to Valley, he will get looked at possibly more as scouts will be coming to the games already to look at the Valley boys.
wood_chuck Wrote:scott county and holmes are my prediction for the state championship. even thought sv did beat scott, it is just summer ball.

Scott Co and Holmes could end up on the same side of the bracket. The way of the draw, they could meet in the first round. How awesome would that be?
EOE Wrote:Scott Co and Holmes could end up on the same side of the bracket. The way of the draw, they could meet in the first round. How awesome would that be?

They also are coming out of harder regions and may not even make it to Rupp.
EOE Wrote:Scott Co and Holmes could end up on the same side of the bracket. The way of the draw, they could meet in the first round. How awesome would that be?

A lot of people thought that same thing when they saw the 11th, 16th, and 9th would all three be on the same side of the bracket last year and that the 11th and 9th could potentially meet in the elite 8.

trufan Wrote:They also are coming out of harder regions and may not even make it to Rupp.

Holmes will be at Rupp next year...you can mark that down. Boone and Highlands are both going to be solid but won't have the overall talent, size, length, or athleticism to beat Holmes. They both have smaller guards which is going to hurt them when trying to defend the likes of the Johnson Brothers, Rice, and possibly Avery.

As for Scott Co, I agree completely. The 11th is absolutely brutal and they will again be loaded from top to bottom with Lexcath, Bryan Station, Tates Creek, Lafayette, and Madison Central.
lil dog Wrote:Well even though Josh is what the discussion is about, Eddie would be the one that you have to speak to,try talking to him ,he might tell you but I doubt it ,you may be right......... but if things work out in pike county he will be there!!!!!!

Just reporting what I was told....A LOT would have to work out for Josh to end up at Shelby Valley.

If he does though, I think that's great. It would give KY another team that could potentially receive national exposure and makes the competition much tougher come tournament time. :Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:A lot of people thought that same thing when they saw the 11th, 16th, and 9th would all three be on the same side of the bracket last year and that the 11th and 9th could potentially meet in the elite 8.

Holmes will be at Rupp next year...you can mark that down. Boone and Highlands are both going to be solid but won't have the overall talent, size, length, or athleticism to beat Holmes. They both have smaller guards which is going to hurt them when trying to defend the likes of the Johnson Brothers, Rice, and possibly Avery.

As for Scott Co, I agree completely. The 11th is absolutely brutal and they will again be loaded from top to bottom with Lexcath, Bryan Station, Tates Creek, Lafayette, and Madison Central.

Boone's guards have never had any trouble guarding Rice or Avery. The Holmes/Boone game(s) will be close again this year.
Is Josh Whitaker a true point guard, and if he is, how does that work out with Elisha? Elisha usually plays the entire game? I'm sure he woudn't want to come off the bench if he wants the scouts to watch him.
mrsportsfan Wrote:Is Josh Whitaker a true point guard, and if he is, how does that work out with Elisha? Elisha usually plays the entire game? I'm sure he woudn't want to come off the bench if he wants the scouts to watch him.

You have a great point, id say it will be diffucult to give all these guys playing time, S.V is a good team the way they are, adding Josh to the mix means someone other than Justice, will see less playing time........
So what is the chance that Josh will end up at SV? IMO its zero to none.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

If I were transfering, I would say the same thing Josh said.
C.Clair Wrote:So what is the chance that Josh will end up at SV? IMO its zero to none.

Week before last odds were 99 to 1 he would be at S.V, I have not talked to the source that told me that since then , so I cant say for sure today what the odds are...... Like aslan said if I were transferring, I wouldn't say anything either!!!!!!!
Wonder when the decision will be made?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Wonder when the decision will be made?

Have no ideal!!!!!!!!!!
Eddie Whitaker will be accepting a job as principal at a grade school in the Hazard City Schools (R.G) which mean Josh will be staying at Hazard......
Thats good for Hazard, if they want to make it back to Rupp they have to have Whitaker or else PCC will be there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Eddie Whitaker will be accepting a job as principal at a grade school in the Hazard City Schools (R.G) which mean Josh will be staying at Hazard......

I'm almost positive you can't coach if your the Principal in a school system?
If...Then Wrote:I'm almost positive you can't coach if your the Principal in a school system?

LCCs , new coach is gonna be an assistant principle, dont know if assistant has anything to do with it or not........
If...Then Wrote:I'm almost positive you can't coach if your the Principal in a school system?

I believe that is based on the school district. Don't hold me to that though.