Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RUMOR: Josh Whitaker to Shelby Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Seen that it was mentioned in the football forum and thought I would share it with you basketball fans.
Could help with his recruitment as scouts will be coming to see the Valley team play for Elisha and Ashley and will see Whittaker throwing in some points and relay what they see.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Could help with his recruitment as scouts will be coming to see the Valley team play for Elisha and Ashley and will see Whittaker throwing in some points and relay what they see.

Yep, he (Josh) would be seen by more recruiters, plus a trip to rupp, he could help S.V, but what they need is a center, unless they get McClanahan!
lil dog Wrote:Yep, he (Josh) would be seen by more recruiters, plus a trip to rupp, he could help S.V, but what they need is a center, unless they get McClanahan!

McClanahan doesn't go to a independent school like Devan Adams did, it would be highly doubtful he would be eligible to play at Valley.
PC_You_Know Wrote:McClanahan doesn't go to a independent school like Devan Adams did, it would be highly doubtful he would be eligible to play at Valley.

Couldn't he move? It might be more trouble than it's worth. I don't know his situation. or if S.V would even want him, I'm sure they would..
McClanahan would be moving within the same county, I'm sure the KHSAA would see that it's only for basketball and rule him ineligible.
PC_You_Know Wrote:McClanahan would be moving within the same county, I'm sure the KHSAA would see that it's only for basketball and rule him ineligible.

OK, I see what your talking about, was just asking Rumor had him transferring to S.V, But you know how Rumor's are.
I heard Whitaker was coming to S.V. because his dad was teaching or something like that.
PC_You_Know Wrote:McClanahan doesn't go to a independent school like Devan Adams did, it would be highly doubtful he would be eligible to play at Valley.
Independent school system has NOTHING to do with transfer rules.
Who plays point?
Elisha pretty much plays the point, but if Josh would come this would be an amazing handling back court. Would be very hard to press and they would both get to the free throw line a lot because of penatrating to the basket as much as they do. Would be fun to watch them both on the floor.
From what I'm hearing, this rumor could be proven true very soon.
It will happen.
New O would know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This would be a big blow to Hazard. Losing a point guard of his caliber and an assistant coach with his knowledge of the game would be devastating to the Bulldogs. I know Coach Whitaker was wanting to get into some administration, but thought he might of waited until Josh graduated. You never know what is going on around here, it's always something.
Where in the world did this rumor start??:please:
That has nothing to do with it.
Panther Thunder Wrote:That has nothing to do with it.

So then what is it? Seems unlikely he would be able to move within the same county and go to another school and play. I mean I'm fine with it, but the KHSAA always has something to pull on an athlete.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So then what is it? Seems unlikely he would be able to move within the same county and go to another school and play. I mean I'm fine with it, but the KHSAA always has something to pull on an athlete.
Well, I transferred from an idependent district, to another independent and was still ineligible. Independent districts in the eyes of the KHSAA are the exact same thing as a county system. Even if you live in the county I believe you still have districts, such as if you live in Kimper you wouldn't be in the Shelby Valley district. I may very well be wrong. But the idea is a bonafied change in address that would make the transer make sense. Or in some certain cases, a change in legal address, but not even moving houses (if the KHSAA doesn't check up on you). The KHSAA does a very poor job in enforcing it's laws and is often very inconsistent with it's rulings.
If his family moves into Shelby Valley's school district then he will be eligible. If they don't move he will have to stay at Hazard and play his senior year.
If Josh leaves, Hazard wont have much. They will still have an okay team but I dont think they will be going to rupp.
Huge blow to Hazard if true.
This would be bad for SV. In the minds of SV fans Justice is already the best guard in the state and then bring in what many think is another top guard in the state and it's spells disaster for SV. Both will try to out do the other.
One would have to move to shooting guard for sure.
I think we all know who would be moving to SG.
zulu Wrote:This would be bad for SV. In the minds of SV fans Justice is already the best guard in the state and then bring in what many think is another top guard in the state and it's spells disaster for SV. Both will try to out do the other.

Yeah this would be real bad, but not for SV. It would give you a team where you couldn't match up to their speed or scoring. Not to mention some teams probably wouldn't get the ball across half court to score.
Talked to some people tonight and it appears this may happen.
IMO this would not be a good fit. Josh has to have the ball in his hands at all times to be effective. SV has too many weapons for 1 guy to have the ball all the time. IMO he is the reason hazard struggled. Nobody else was prepared to score, they were all after thoughts in the offense, hence the mass exititst from Hazard.
goodguy Wrote:If his family moves into Shelby Valley's school district then he will be eligible. If they don't move he will have to stay at Hazard and play his senior year.

Pike County does not have school boundaries. He could move anywhere in Pike and attend Shelby Valley as long as parents provide transportation...
What would the players already at SV think about a transfer coming in and taking their PT ?? Seems they already have their team !!! Just wondering !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5