Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl 2009
I need the dates so I can reserve my room.

Thanks.
Friday, 8/28 at Belfry
Saturday, 8/29 at Pikeville
jetpilot Wrote:Friday, 8/28 at Belfry
Saturday, 8/29 at Pikeville
Glad to see the made the switch back to Belfry.

I thought I read where Kentucky was starting a week earlier than we are here in Ohio? Sadly I see this is not correct and I won't be coming after all. Sad
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Glad to see the made the switch back to Belfry.

I thought I read where Kentucky was starting a week earlier than we are here in Ohio? Sadly I see this is not correct and I won't be coming after all. Sad

Kentucky is starting a week earlier (called week zero.) The PCB will actually be the second week of football in KY.
That stinks but I am sure I will find some games to go to.

I might make the drive down to Louisville to watch the five games at papa john on Saturday if they are being played that day.
The best game by far IMO in "week zero" is Bell Co. vs. Alcoa, TN (powerhouse!) Then Middlesboro plays Green Co. after that.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../spec_5175
Thanks I had not yet checked the K.H.S.A.A. page.
I will have a long hard look at it, now.
Why are they doing that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
jetpilot Wrote:Kentucky is starting a week earlier (called week zero.) The PCB will actually be the second week of football in KY.

Actually I think the PCB would be in NFHS week 1 wouldnt it? I could be wrong though.
"week 1" ... "week 0" ... who cares? People who go by that aren't in the real world.

Va. starts Aug 28. We get 2 dates before Labor Day, so the schools out east don't have to play LD weekend this year to get 10 games in 12 weeks, so that means we're starting later.

And Bristol's Va. High can play the first weekend without butting heads with the NASCAR race. That allso means we're starting later.

So... is 8/21 earlier for KY? It would be same as last year for VA.
whats everyones predictions on the games ??
warriors#55 Wrote:whats everyones predictions on the games ??

Predictions:

East Ridge vs. Phelps --> East Ridge

Belfry vs. Boyd Co. --> Belfry

Shelby Valley vs. Pike Central --> Shelby Valley

Pikeville vs. Cov. Holy Cross --> Pikeville
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
my predictions are:

east ridge 60 phelps 7
belfry 20 boyd co 14
shelby valley 14 pike central 30
pikeville 14 holy cross 27
East Ridge 44 Phelps 7
Belfry 32 Boyd County 14
Pike Central 26 Sheby Valley 24
Covington Holy Cross 21 Pikeville 20
should be some great games.
shelby valley-36 pc-14
belfry-42 boyd-7
ER-22 phelps-6
Holy cross-32 Pikeville-14
PC on a blow out
Pikeville on a close one
Phelps on a close one
Belfry blow out :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Phelps shold do finego hornets
PCB will never be like it use to. Pikeville was good back then. Now they are rebuilding.
PC-28 SV-12
Belfry-44 Boyd-14
ER-20 PHS-18
Holy Cross-38 Pikeville-14
from what i am reading the holy cross team may be very good and challenge if not beat newport cath, this year, so pikeville may be in trouble..but we will see..
I cant wait to see what Pike Central brings this year with the new coaching staff. Do they play on friday or sat.?
i wanna see the pc valley game
MVP2 Wrote:I cant wait to see what Pike Central brings this year with the new coaching staff. Do they play on friday or sat.?

PC needs to come out strong and blow out teams earley on there sched. leading up to pirates and cards games, if they don't it could be an average season for them...:blabbermo
Oh yea I'm not sure but I think they play on Sat. does anybody know?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
central plays saturday
Real Badman Wrote:East Ridge 44 Phelps 7
Belfry 32 Boyd County 14
Pike Central 26 Sheby Valley 24
Covington Holy Cross 21 Pikeville 20

pretty good predictions i agree with all of them but the phelps east ridge game phelps is looking great this year and i look for them to play a tough game they beat jenkins tonight 48-16 jenkins didnt score until 4th quarter when phelps had there 2nd string in and they played tough 2 had a couple of good young running backs
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:pretty good predictions i agree with all of them but the phelps east ridge game phelps is looking great this year and i look for them to play a tough game they beat jenkins tonight 48-16 jenkins didnt score until 4th quarter when phelps had there 2nd string in and they played tough 2 had a couple of good young running backs

Yes I was there. I know Phelps played strong. But IMO they played a weak Jenkins team who is getting settled in with there new coach. East Ridge on the other hand is a much stronger, faster, expereinced team then Jenkins. And East Ridge has been getting ready for this game for a long time now unlike Phelps who had a game before hand. Both Brad and Jesse will have there young men ready for this but IMHO ER will just be the more ready team. Maybe next year.