Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Josh Whitaker to Shelby Valley
KyGurl Wrote:What would the players already at SV think about a transfer coming in and taking their PT ?? Seems they already have their team !!! Just wondering !!!

Josh Whitaker won't be taking any playing time from Elisha Justice. He could possibly take some time from Cody Varney though.
I think this would be great for SV, Josh is an awesome player, and I was a roommate of him and his brother Ryan at a basketball camp before Josh's freshmen year and he is a great guy. However, the eligibility will be rough, my family moved from another state and I didn't get eligible until 3 days before practice started. I am pretty sure Shelby Valley would have NO complaints about getting Josh though.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Josh Whitaker won't be taking any playing time from Elisha Justice. He could possibly take some time from Cody Varney though.

I am sure KyGurl was not talking about Justice. Whitaker and Justice play together, for sure. I wish Josh the best no matter where he decides to play ball.
zulu Wrote:This would be bad for SV. Both will try to out do the other.
I think they could compliment each other well. Would make it harder for double teams and they are both unselfish. Would help out more than it would hurt, unlike the situation at Knott Central with Cox and Stamper.
His brother Ryan is transferring to Pikeville College as well.
d2hoopsfan Wrote:His brother Ryan is transferring to Pikeville College as well.

Sounds like everything is a done deal. All the family will be close by.
Sounds like this could be trouble!!!! That is for Shelby Valley opponents!!!!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:With a new coach anything can happen.

NEW? ain't nothin new bout the KCC coach I'm told he's as old as the hills!
PC_You_Know Wrote:McClanahan doesn't go to a independent school like Devan Adams did, it would be highly doubtful he would be eligible to play at Valley.

PC_You_Know Wrote:McClanahan would be moving within the same county, I'm sure the KHSAA would see that it's only for basketball and rule him ineligible.

Adams moved within the same county too, and he was eligible. Coming from an independent school district has nothing to do with it.

As long as McClanahan (or anyone else) had a bona fide change of address, they should likely be eligible to transfer.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Adams moved within the same county too, and he was eligible. Coming from an independent school district has nothing to do with it.

As long as McClanahan (or anyone else) had a bona fide change of address, they should likely be eligible to transfer.

I was confused and someone already cleared it up, but thanks for doing so again.:Thumbs:
To be honest, I think McClanahan would not even get to play at Valley. He is not very good, he is just big. I watched him play freshman ball the year before last and watched a couple games this past year and he hasn't impressed me at all. He would slow down SV and I don't think he would get any PT because all he is is size. Not bashing him, just saying he should stay at East Ridge where he plays a lot.
runninrebs21 Wrote:To be honest, I think McClanahan would not even get to play at Valley. He is not very good, he is just big. I watched him play freshman ball the year before last and watched a couple games this past year and he hasn't impressed me at all. He would slow down SV and I don't think he would get any PT because all he is is size. Not bashing him, just saying he should stay at East Ridge where he plays a lot.

You may be right, I watched him play a few times this year, what I seen of him he caught the ball well and could square up good in the post, he needs some individual workouts with someone that knows how to play the post, but I think he has the tools to be a decent big man if he will work hard. If he stays at E.R coach Justice will work with him Im sure of that...
I'm sure if any1 can get away with a transfer in question then, Shelby Valley Basketball can.
cats_rool Wrote:I'm sure if any1 can get away with a transfer in question then, Shelby Valley Basketball can.

Since they've had so many transfers, right?

Devan Adams, last one before that was what, Chris Bentley like 6 years ago?
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Since they've had so many transfers, right?

Devan Adams, last one before that was what, Chris Bentley like 6 years ago?

cats_rool Wrote:I'm sure if any1 can get away with a transfer in question then, Shelby Valley Basketball can.

Sounds like they haven't had but 2 in 6 or 7 years, and I dont think S.V needs transfers they have done alright without them. I started to take my son there last year because their basketball is the best in this area, wished I would have now, were on our second coach at LCC and that sucks for the kids, they have to learn a new system all over again.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:I think we all know who would be moving to SG.

and a good player at valley on the pine seat and we all know who this will be sorry cody v no room for you to many newsomes i thing the khsaa should look at valley basketball for the last two years now :please:
svfan#5 Wrote:and a good player at valley on the pine seat and we all know who this will be sorry cody v no room for you to many newsomes i thing the khsaa should look at valley basketball for the last two years now :please:

svfan#5, Does that stand for Shelby Valley fan? If so it don't sound like your much of fan!!!!!!!!!
knox central fired coach elam friday. there is rumer here that the father Whitaker could be coming here to coach. if so i assume josh will follow. also isnt the kid that lives with them going to play at union this coming year. that is in knox co.
runninrebs21 Wrote:To be honest, I think McClanahan would not even get to play at Valley. He is not very good, he is just big. I watched him play freshman ball the year before last and watched a couple games this past year and he hasn't impressed me at all. He would slow down SV and I don't think he would get any PT because all he is is size. Not bashing him, just saying he should stay at East Ridge where he plays a lot.

I watched McClanahan play twice times last season and he was very inconsistent. His play at Prestonsburg was dominant as he defended the interior very well and was a force on offense. I watched him play at home against Shelby Valley and he wasn't a factor whatsoever on the court.

I think Jake has the talent and potential but just lacks focus at certain times. He reminds me a lot of former UK Center, Randolph Morris -- focused at times, other times not so much.

I agree with you about him playing at Shelby Valley though -- it's just not a good fit.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I watched McClanahan play twice times last season and he was very inconsistent. His play at Prestonsburg was dominant as he defended the interior very well and was a force on offense. I watched him play at home against Shelby Valley and he wasn't a factor whatsoever on the court.

I think Jake has the talent and potential but just lacks focus at certain times. He reminds me a lot of former UK Center, Randolph Morris -- focused at times, other times not so much.

I agree with you about him playing at Shelby Valley though -- it's just not a good fit.

I agree he has all the potential and tools, and if you say it's not a good fit at S.V then thats good enough for me, I respect your opinion.....:Thumbs:
I think he needs to stay right where he is at!
Josh was playing for Hazard in their summer team camp tonight!
Rooster Cogburn Wrote:Josh was playing for Hazard in their summer team camp tonight!

I guess that makes this topic of discussion pretty interesting.
Rooster Cogburn Wrote:Josh was playing for Hazard in their summer team camp tonight!

I'm sure Josh won't make a change of teams until his father gets a contract with another school district.
goodguy Wrote:I'm sure Josh won't make a change of teams until his father gets a contract with another school district.

I'd say your right!!!!!!!!!!
What kind of college are we talking about that might be interested in Josh?
cougarpride08 Wrote:What kind of college are we talking about that might be interested in Josh?

Josh will play at the D2 or D3 level.
Is he going to play for Valley or what?
Doesnt matter where he plays, as long as he plays and gets his education!! Good luck Josh!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Doesnt matter where he plays, as long as he plays and gets his education!! Good luck Josh!

I agree. His education is the main thing, but I wouldnt mind seeing him in a Valley uniform his senior year of highschool.