Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Rose to Letcher Central
:dontthink
P.C.Defense Wrote:Jesse's dad had to move due to his job.
be respectful until you find out the truth.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Not hard if your kid is a star athlete.Look at Scott County.

It is hard to find a job anyweres..... It is not the kids, if it was. Wouldn't the kids pick a better school then one in the mountains..... How many college's come back in here to look at a kid, unless it is a D-2, D-3, or NAIA school....
Jesse is a good friend of mine and a great athlete at that. He can not only run but he was probably going to be our QB this year if he hadnt been moving. But he will help LCC tremendously.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Sounds like we are getting a pure back who will compete for playing time.
I'll tell you what. I was his position coach on offense. He made my job a lot easier. He ain't the fastest but will hit anyone...I mean anyone. What I like about him is that he delivers the hit when he is running the ball. Sometimes though, instead of running to the open field, he would go to the contact. When I would do his film stats, I would see 4 or 5 plays where he could have 20 or more yds on if he runs to the open field. He just loves contact. If he was 6' & 215 or so, he would be tough to tame. We would be talking about him like everyone talks about the kid a couple of counties to our east. As good as he does on "O", he is better at "D". Just flies to the ball. Sometimes he over persues but overall does a great job. Probably best if he could play Safety. Kinda short & back there he'd be able to see the ball better. I will really miss him. Jesse! if you're reading this....Pay attention!...lol Sometimes he likes to drift off...LOL.. Just picking at ya J-Rose! Good Luck!
TongueirateSho
WOW! Can't wait.
cougarpride08 Wrote:WOW! Can't wait.

You all are getting a great player. Kid knows football. Has a BIG heart. He never gives up. He always works to make himself better. He is like Rudy....except that Jesse has BUNCHES of talent...lol.
What position did he play on defense or will Hilliard just have him on offense only?
cougarpride08 Wrote:What position did he play on defense or will Hilliard just have him on offense only?

He played linebacker.
Isn't this the same case scenario that happened to that kid from Johnson Central last year and he was suspended several games and Coach Matney was suspended and fined?
cougarpride08 Wrote:What position did he play on defense or will Hilliard just have him on offense only?
He played some Safety & MLB. I liked him at Safety. He would come up and hit you. He plays play # 60 just like he plays play # 1. All out all the time. His motor doesn't seem to shut off. I would build an extra room onto my house if he would stay...lol
TongueirateSho
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Isn't this the same case scenario that happened to that kid from Johnson Central last year and he was suspended several games and Coach Matney was suspended and fined?

Hmmm...how about you look that up and tell us.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Isn't this the same case scenario that happened to that kid from Johnson Central last year and he was suspended several games and Coach Matney was suspended and fined?

Would you say this is the same situation? I don't!
cougarpride08 Wrote:The 8th grader that I saw that was a transfer from Rockcastle Co will be a freshman this year coming up. He is huge, and will be a great asset to the team.

I generally don't reply to such misinformed posts but I believe that I have to do it with this post. The student that you refernce has never played in even a single snap of organized football. Just because he is "huge" and from Rockastle County does not mean he's a football player. You will see him on the field on Friday nights but it won't be a in a football uniform. I appreciate that you are a one man hype machine with many baited questions on this forum. However, I wish you would truely find some factual base for your cooments.
I only post what I heard him and his mom tell me. Don't you think he isn't cabaple of playing football?
cougarpride08 Wrote:I only post what I heard him and his mom tell me. Don't you think he isn't cabaple of playing football?

I would be willing to bet that I've had more conversations with the boy and his mom and still believe that you have jumped the gun in this situation. Yes, he is big. Yes, he is from Rockastle County. No, he is not a football player. I was born in Chicago. Does that mean I can play basketball like Isiah Thomas?
As a freshman don't you think he would be able to be taught. He has four years. This is the last post I am going to make on this kid in this thread. This is about Jesse Rose not this kid.
Cougarvision Wrote:I would be willing to bet that I've had more conversations with the boy and his mom and still believe that you have jumped the gun in this situation. Yes, he is big. Yes, he is from Rockastle County. No, he is not a football player. I was born in Chicago. Does that mean I can play basketball like Isiah Thomas?
Isaiah Thomas played for Detroit...Oh wait! He was born in Chicago. My bad!
I have heard that he was going to enroll this week. Can anyone tell me how it went?
I heard the same thing. I heard his dad was pulling him from Powell Co. before school lets out over here. Hear say though. Nothing concrete.
This weekend he will be officially living in Letcher County.
Jesse is a tremendous athlete. ive seen him play a couple times before and was really impressed with him. he can play the QB position plus he can really run the ball and he is good on defense as well. Letcher Central is not only getting a great athlete but also a great kid and theres no doubt that he can and will help the Cougars alot. Good Luck Jesse and LCC.
glad to hear that.
Forget QB. Give this kid the handoff or let him hit somebody. That is his money-maker."Hitting"
Smile can't wait. July 15th can't come any faster.
Got to meet him last week, and he is a class act. Good kid and good manners. Shook my hand, and told me he was excited to play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Got to meet him last week, and he is a class act. Good kid and good manners. Shook my hand, and told me he was excited to play.

He is a great kid.
I think that it won't take long for him to get major attempts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
This will make Letcher Central deep at the running back position
Jesse will play on both sides.