Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jesse Rose to Letcher Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jesse will be attending Letcher County Central to play football next season. His dad took a job in Whitesburg and Jesse had the option to play for Letcher, Breathitt, and another school. He chose Letcher because of Whitaker. Tough loss for the Pirates. Good luck to you next season Jesse.
what position does he play, and what class is he?
cougarpride08 Wrote:what position does he play, and what class is he?

Running back and linebacker. Had over 2000 yards rushing combined freshman and sophomore year. Led the team in tackles both freshman and sophomore year. He played at Powell under Mike Whitaker.
I guess it's just a coincidence that his dad got a job in Whitesburg?
Navajo4life Wrote:I guess it's just a coincidence that his dad got a job in Whitesburg?
I was told that was just what they were saying.I'm sure Whitaker wil get him one.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I was told that was just what they were saying.I'm sure Whitaker wil get him one.

Oh;I forgot.I heard Timmy Hardy was going too.I guess his dad got a job there too.Confusedhh:
If his dad gets a job up there good for him. In these tough times its hard to find a job anywhere.
C.Clair Wrote:If his dad gets a job up there good for him. In these tough times its hard to find a job anywhere.

Not hard if your kid is a star athlete.Look at Scott County.
So blame the kids? I dont think that is the answer. If the parents get a job somewhere else and move, not a big deal. I think your over reacting alittle.
Jesse's dad had to move due to his job.
Big loss for Powell County He ran against us in the playoffs. Strong RB he should do good at LCC
It will be good for this kid at LCC. Good luck to him.
What were his stats for last year?
If his father moved and got a job in Letcher, then that is totally legal. I think if I could transfer to a wal mart in lexington, and my son was a star, I would transfer also.
C.Clair Wrote:What were his stats for last year?

He had over a 1,00 yards rushing on offense and around 150 tackles on defense last year. Pretty solid athlete.
I think all together we have about 6 transfer. I think we got some from jenkins, and one kid from Rockcastle Co.
The beast is feeding its self. I am stoked and smokin for this season to start...
The 8th grader that I saw that was a transfer from Rockcastle Co will be a freshman this year coming up. He is huge, and will be a great asset to the team.
Hilbily Wrote:The beast is feeding its self. I am stoked and smokin for this season to start...

:lmao: Great one liner!

Hilbily, when you decide you are ready to move back to the mountains, let me know, because they are jobs in Harlan County as well. All the jobs in the metropolis of Whitesburg seem to be going fast. Wink :biggrin:
Mamma Bear that is funny. I like that. Metro-Whitesburg. I will get the mayor to change the name. I get a raise at wal mart if we are considered metro. Smile
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think all together we have about 6 transfer. I think we got some from jenkins, and one kid from Rockcastle Co.

how come when Highlands gets just one transfer everybody yells that they are a bunch of cheaters? Just goes to show if you have a good program, the players will come and you do not have to cheat to get them to come to your school.
what was the final word on your transfer?
Playoff Game Not Included.....Jesse's freshman year he had 964 yds rushing. with 14 TDs. His sophmore year he had 1072 yds and 11 TDs. He caught a couple of TDs his Fresh. yr. He caught a 1 his soph. yr.. He had 128 tackles last year. He was a little under that his Fr. year. He is a good player. Real aggressive on D. I know these stats are the real deal...I kept them. People tend to blow things out of proportion sometimes.
And how is this NOT recruiting?
I now have to put LCC in the front running of the district until proven otherwise. The recent upgrades have made an impact.
Sounds like we are getting a pure back who will compete for playing time.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:And how is this NOT recruiting?

unless you can prove that the coaches offered him something or done something illegally then it isn't recruiting.
Good luck Jesse. You are a real hard worker and you deserve the best. Keep up the hard work.
Good Luck Jesse And Welcome Home.
welcome home is right.
Pages: 1 2 3