Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top ten 3 point shooters in the 14th
zulu Wrote:Shooting 300 forced shots and making 25% of them does your team more harm than good and a lot of his shots are not forced. The bottom line is this kid is not a very good 3 point shooter but THEY have decided he is.

Not very often that I agree with ya. :thumpsup:
a345426 Wrote:King360-I have watched Brewer play in JV games but Varisty players are alot different. Like I said will see if he get to play much this year how good he does. I hope he does do good but putting him above Noble or anyone else has the best 3 point shooter I don't see.

This is'nt about what they play or the minutes they get...it's about who are the best shooters and Brewer is def. one of the best in the region!
King360 if you not going to argue with you. During the season will tell.
a345426 Wrote:King360 if you not going to argue with you. During the season will tell.

And he may not play a whole lot this year but i guarantee he is one of the best..he can shoot with anyone in the 14th
a345426 Wrote:King360 if you not going to argue with you. During the season will tell.

He may not get alot of PT, but the kid does have unlimited range.
Hatcher did trust him to take the 3, in the regional championship game, to try to tie the game against Hazard.
I've seen the Brewer kid play a few times and he actually is a good shooter. As good as alot in the the list and probably better than a few of them. The times I saw this kid play, more than his shooting I noticed his hustle. I could see him contributing next year.
CatFan#4 Wrote:1.Stepp
2.Stamper
3.Cox
4.Amis
5.Whitaker
6.Terry
7.Back
8.Maitin
9.Terill
10.Sierra

Agreed
can sierra hit 3's
1. stepp(JBS)
2. cox(KCC)
3. whitaker(HHS)
4. stamper(KCC)
5. collins(CHS)
6. martin (CHS)
7. stidam(BHS)
8. back(HHS)
9. bartrum(KCC)
10. martin(KCC)
take off martin from perry and put in noble from perry.....i forgot about noble and put him up a few spots
Justin Stacy from Jackson City can shoot the lights out.
zulu Wrote:Shooting 300 forced shots and making 25% of them does your team more harm than good and a lot of his shots are not forced. The bottom line is this kid is not a very good 3 point shooter but THEY have decided he is.

Well bottom line is I bet the kid would dominate you in a game of horse and if hes not a good shooter then why is he playin aau in vegas and los angeles and hitting 27 three pointers in 3 games if he isn't a semi good shooter??? Stepp is a good shooter no matter where or when but if you let him get hot it doesn't really matter who you put on him because he will find a way to get his shot if it means pulling up 6 ft behind the three point line if he is hot. Guess you watched the game they played at cordia stepp came out in the first quarter and hit 5 straight three's in the first quarter of play. Twice he was fouled and got two four point plays so lets see how you would match up against yancy gates! If you know who that is.... He was gaurding stepp the entire game in a aau game last summer in vegas. TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Boss Hog Wrote:Well bottom line is I bet the kid would dominate you in a game of horse and if hes not a good shooter then why is he playin aau in vegas and los angeles and hitting 27 three pointers in 3 games if he isn't a semi good shooter??? Stepp is a good shooter no matter where or when but if you let him get hot it doesn't really matter who you put on him because he will find a way to get his shot if it means pulling up 6 ft behind the three point line if he is hot. Guess you watched the game they played at cordia stepp came out in the first quarter and hit 5 straight three's in the first quarter of play. Twice he was fouled and got two four point plays so lets see how you would match up against yancy gates! If you know who that is.... He was gaurding stepp the entire game in a aau game last summer in vegas. TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho

29% is not good no matter how you want to spell it out, it's still not good. Confusedhh:
zulu Wrote:29% is not good no matter how you want to spell it out, it's still not good. Confusedhh:

:thumpsup:
Aslan Wrote:Not very often that I agree with ya. :thumpsup:

he never had any open looks, he had to force it, he is not the type of player to create his own shot, his percentage was around 40 as a freshman and sophmore when cox and stepp kicked the ball over to him, 6-8 3's as a freshman and wymt championship game mvp as a freshman
politician24 Wrote:he never had any open looks, he had to force it, he is not the type of player to create his own shot, his percentage was around 40 as a freshman and sophmore when cox and stepp kicked the ball over to him, 6-8 3's as a freshman and wymt championship game mvp as a freshman

IMO a key attribute of a good shooter is that you don't force shots
If We Are Talking About Just Standing Out Behind The Line And Shooting Then Seth Adams Hands Down!
Who Won The 3 PT Contest At The Adidis All Star Game?
SteppUp Wrote:If We Are Talking About Just Standing Out Behind The Line And Shooting Then Seth Adams Hands Down!
I agree with you on this one. Even though he is a freshman and didnt play much varsity time at Knott this year he will make his self known because I also think he is the best 3 point shooter I have seen over the past year.
As far as Stepp is concerned there is no doubt that he has the capabilities to shoot 3 pointers at a higher percentage. The problem is that he takes horrible shots. He occasionally has a good game and those games seemed to be mentioned over and over on here but he stunk it up alot last season because his shot selection is terrible. If he had played out of the control of his family he would not be able to shoot those horrible off balanced shots because he would get taken out in a heartbeat if he was in the game at all. The odd thing is that if he was not under the control of his family he would probably shoot a higher percentage.
SteppUp Wrote:If We Are Talking About Just Standing Out Behind The Line And Shooting Then Seth Adams Hands Down!

Just spot and shoot? Give me Dustin Brewer anyday.
Aslan Wrote:Just spot and shoot? Give me Dustin Brewer anyday.

Dustin Brewer again? lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Dustin Brewer again? lol

If he gets an open 3, he don't miss much.
Aslan Wrote:If he gets an open 3, he don't miss much.

I know, I know....
but I think his name has been mentioned more on this thread than anyone else
if nothing else it will make a nice sidebar to the season to see if he can hit some big shots
I heard from one of the coaches they were gonna give him quite a bit of PT
but that coach also said he was prolly gonna be the 3rd best 3 pt shooter on the team.....
4th if tyler mullins keeps it up.....
and that isn't from me....from a coach....so no one bite my head off over it
Hayes from Wolfe, but can't create his own,
Where is Dustin Brewer from?
OLDHOSS Wrote:Where is Dustin Brewer from?

Perry.
zaga_fan Wrote:I know, I know....
but I think his name has been mentioned more on this thread than anyone else
if nothing else it will make a nice sidebar to the season to see if he can hit some big shots
I heard from one of the coaches they were gonna give him quite a bit of PT
but that coach also said he was prolly gonna be the 3rd best 3 pt shooter on the team.....
4th if tyler mullins keeps it up.....
and that isn't from me....from a coach....so no one bite my head off over it

If Brewer is the 4th best shooter on the team, then Perry is going to be one of the top shooting teams in the state!
Aslan Wrote:If Brewer is the 4th best shooter on the team, then Perry is going to be one of the top shooting teams in the state!

Not meaning to be rude but you are out of your mind. Yes Dustin can shoot but he is towards the top in the region when you have players like Noble, Cox, Stamper, and Stepp in front of him. I gaurentee that there is a few more that I am forgetting as well.
Aslan Wrote:If Brewer is the 4th best shooter on the team, then Perry is going to be one of the top shooting teams in the state!

like i said....
I didn't say it....
a coach did
Crazy Horse Wrote:Not meaning to be rude but you are out of your mind. Yes Dustin can shoot but he is towards the top in the region when you have players like Noble, Cox, Stamper, and Stepp in front of him. I gaurentee that there is a few more that I am forgetting as well.

Spot up and shooting wide open 3s, not to many will do that better than Brewer.
Unfortunly, he can't create his shot like Cox, Stamper, and Whitaker.
zaga_fan Wrote:like i said....
I didn't say it....
a coach did

I'm just ready for some PCC bball! :thumpsup: