Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top ten 3 point shooters in the 14th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1.Stepp
2.Stamper
3.Cox
4.Amis
5.Whitaker
6.Terry
7.Back
8.Maitin
9.Terill
10.Sierra
1.Cox
2.Stepp
3.Whitaker
4.Brewer
5.Stamper
6.Noble
7.Martin
8.Back
9.Bartrum
10.Amis
king360 Wrote:1.Cox
2.Stepp
3.Whitaker
4.Brewer
5.Stamper
6.Noble
7.Martin
8.Back
9.Bartrum
10.Amis

Good list.
I haven't seen him play but have heard that Martin Combsfrom Cordia is a good shooter. Also don't forget Reed from Powell and Stidham from Buckhorn. This is for the 2009-10 season or it would be Josh Profitt from LCC.
When Chris Noble gets setup hes the best in the 14th!
MVP2 Wrote:When Chris Noble gets setup hes the best in the 14th!

yea thats wat hurts Chris he has to be set to hit the shot..he is a set shooter but is one of the best when he is though...
CatFan#4 Wrote:1.Stepp
2.Stamper
3.Cox
4.Amis
5.Whitaker
6.Terry
7.Back
8.Maitin
9.Terill
10.Sierra

Take Stepp, Stamper, and Terrill off of this list because even though they are all good players, neither of them are shooting a high percentage from long distance. In order to be considered a good three point shooter you must shoot about 37% or above and neither of these three are doing that.
No Order
Stepp,Cox,Noble,Back,Stamper,Whitaker,Bartrum,Amis
Who Is Brewer? Just Wondering
slugger35 Wrote:Take Stepp, Stamper, and Terrill off of this list because even though they are all good players, neither of them are shooting a high percentage from long distance. In order to be considered a good three point shooter you must shoot about 37% or above and neither of these three are doing that.

when clint stepp is hitting id put him against anyone
SteppUp Wrote:No Order
Stepp,Cox,Noble,Back,Stamper,Whitaker,Bartrum,Amis
Who Is Brewer? Just Wondering

Plays for Perry he was a sophomore this year..#10 i think
slugger35 Wrote:Take Stepp, Stamper, and Terrill off of this list because even though they are all good players, neither of them are shooting a high percentage from long distance. In order to be considered a good three point shooter you must shoot about 37% or above and neither of these three are doing that.

If that's the case then you need to take Back off the list too, because he jacks 'em up left and right and I'd bet he didn't hit 5 of his last 25.
when stepp is on it is lights out. Teams around here know that he can hurt them from the 3 ball and I look for him to improve his game because he is a hard worker but last summer he faced much tougher competition in competing in a game in las vegas in aau where the opposing team had Yancy gates matched up gaurding him and stepp hit 11 threes that game. He finished the tournament with 27 threes made in 3 games!
Oh and if your not familiar with Yancy gates, hes about 6'10 and you can go check him out on cincinati's roster.
king360 Wrote:1.Cox
2.Stepp
3.Whitaker
4.Brewer
5.Stamper
6.Noble
7.Martin
8.Back
9.Bartrum
10.Amis

good list....
but I wouldn't put Brewer on it because you could count his minutes last year on your fingers and toes....
he is lights out.....but just hasn't got the opportunity yet
This is a list of best shooters, not players.
1. Martin, when he's open, he don't miss much.
2. Noble
3. Cox
4. Whitaker
5. Back
6. Brewer
7. Bartrum
8. Stamper
9. Day
10. Martin(Cordia)
zaga_fan Wrote:good list....
but I wouldn't put Brewer on it because you could count his minutes last year on your fingers and toes....
he is lights out.....but just hasn't got the opportunity yet

Well this thread is about the best 3pt shooters in the 14th region...not the best 3pt shooters in the 14th region that played a lot..so Brewer will Def. be on my list
king360 Wrote:Well this thread is about the best 3pt shooters in the 14th region...not the best 3pt shooters in the 14th region that played a lot..so Brewer will Def. be on my list

I know what you're saying.....
but IMO you can't put someone on a top 10 3 pt shooting list if they don't hit a trey all season long
zaga_fan Wrote:I know what you're saying.....
but IMO you can't put someone on a top 10 3 pt shooting list if they don't hit a trey all season long

And again..it is'nt about who hit the most...it's about who are the best
I know what you're saying.....

I would have to agree with this comment, but maybe the kid will prove us wrong this year if he gets more playing time.
a345426 Wrote:I know what you're saying.....

I would have to agree with this comment, but maybe the kid will prove us wrong this year if he gets more playing time.

Well if you would have watched brewer play in a JV game he dominated as well as shot great from the 3pt line:eyeroll:
MC4 Wrote:when clint stepp is hitting id put him against anyone

Well, you don't have to put him against anyone very often....He only shoots about 25%. He shouldn't even be mentioned in this catagory. Just
because you shoot 300 threes a year doesn't mean your a top three point shooter.
zulu Wrote:Well, you don't have to put him against anyone very often....He only shoots about 25%. He shouldn't even be mentioned in this catagory. Just
because you shoot 300 threes a year doesn't mean your a top three point shooter.

find another thread to bash him, lets make some more:Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Aslan Wrote:This is a list of best shooters, not players.
1. Martin, when he's open, he don't miss much.
2. Noble
3. Cox
4. Whitaker
5. Back
6. Brewer
7. Bartrum
8. Stamper
9. Day
10. Martin(Cordia)

Who's the #1 Martin that you named? I know the one from Cordia but who's the #1 Martin you listed?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Who's the #1 Martin that you named? I know the one from Cordia but who's the #1 Martin you listed?

I think he meant Corey Martin
MisterPerfect Wrote:Who's the #1 Martin that you named? I know the one from Cordia but who's the #1 Martin you listed?

Corey Martin, transfer from Hazard.
Great spot up shooter.
zulu Wrote:Well, you don't have to put him against anyone very often....He only shoots about 25%. He shouldn't even be mentioned in this catagory. Just

You should never post in thread again if you think Clint Stepp shouldn't be mentioned in it.:yawn:
Overrated Wrote:You should never post in thread again if you think Clint Stepp shouldn't be mentioned in it.:yawn:

I beg to differ oh great one. Clint Stepp was 87 of 294 for threes this past year or 29%. Now, how many players do you think in this region alone could have put up 294 threes and made 25 % of them. I would think there would be a lot. Thats why I say he should not be mentioned . Think about it will make since to you. If think I made that stat up, just go to the scoreboard and look it's right there.:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
zulu Wrote:I beg to differ oh great one. Clint Stepp was 87 of 294 for threes this past year or 29%. Now, how many players do you think in this region alone could have put up 294 threes and made 25 % of them. I would think there would be a lot. Thats why I say he should not be mentioned . Think about it will make since to you. If think I made that stat up, just go to the scoreboard and look it's right there.:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

let those guys be the one guy getting keyed on on the perimiter each game, when every coach is saying don't let him beat you.....most of stepps shots had to be forced up and he didn't get many good looks, take those guys you are talking about in a gym with him and see who the better 3 point shooter is
King360-I have watched Brewer play in JV games but Varisty players are alot different. Like I said will see if he get to play much this year how good he does. I hope he does do good but putting him above Noble or anyone else has the best 3 point shooter I don't see.
politician24 Wrote:let those guys be the one guy getting keyed on on the perimiter each game, when every coach is saying don't let him beat you.....most of stepps shots had to be forced up and he didn't get many good looks, take those guys you are talking about in a gym with him and see who the better 3 point shooter is

Shooting 300 forced shots and making 25% of them does your team more harm than good and a lot of his shots are not forced. The bottom line is this kid is not a very good 3 point shooter but THEY have decided he is.
Pages: 1 2 3