Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Calipari Reportedly Interested in UK
J.C. will be ran off very quickly by U.K. people. He loves the cup cake schedule and is not a coach who will take Kentucky to the N.C.G.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:J.C. will be ran off very quickly by U.K. people. He loves the cup cake schedule and is not a coach who will take Kentucky to the N.C.G.

You aware of the talented recruits that he brings to Memphis year in and year out? Memphis is always on the level of elite teams. Sure, their in a mid-major conference. But, they always breeze right through the C-USA just like any other elite team would if they were in that conference. John Calipari teams are defensively minded, but like to run on offense as well. Calipari could instantly turn around the Kentucky program with the talent that is already there and potentially bring in high-level recruits (as BCA and TorQQue have said).

You might argue that his background is a little shaky from the incident at UMass. I think he has cleaned up his act since then. I find him being the best fit for Kentucky. I would take him over Billy Donovan or anyone else for that matter.
He fit's the Ky program perfect. Get em Micth!
I've never been a big fan of Calipari but he is a **** of a coach and dang good recruiter. No complaints here.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Mosley21 Wrote:i heard jules camara was gona come back and coach

Thats so stupid, but funny.
anyone see the big face book group started about calipari? It's people who want calipari to uk and so many people has joined it isnt even funny. I saw Adolph Rupp in it...lmao
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:anyone see the big face book group started about calipari? It's people who want calipari to uk and so many people has joined it isnt even funny. I saw Adolph Rupp in it...lmao
WE are up to 5,000 +
Thats awesome.... he is the man I have wanted all along...
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This was reported today (3/29/09).

Rumors say UK will be offering $4 million a year to Calipari.
How much money is he getting now? I don't see how Memphis could even come close to matching something like this so there is no need for UK to go that high. BCG wasn't even getting $2.5 million. That's just a heck of a jump IMO. But to bring in a coach like this, it might be worth it!! Not to mention most of the money comes from TV/Radio and endorsements not the University or Athletic Dept.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:How much money is he getting now? I don't see how Memphis could even come close to matching something like this so there is no need for UK to go that high. BCG wasn't even getting $2.5 million. That's just a heck of a jump IMO. But to bring in a coach like this, it might be worth it!! Not to mention most of the money comes from TV/Radio and endorsements not the University or Athletic Dept.

First someone has to ante up the $6M it's cost to buyout BCG's contract. The't going to be a huge up-front bonus to get a JC, BD or Izzo. I beleive this will be the largest one year spend in History for a college to spend on a coaching position. I heard it was close to 5 million with the buyout of Daugherty/1st year compensation of Williams.

As for BCG, he was making in the neighborhood of $300K from the school. There was close to $2M in outside payments in his contract. So whoever comes in, will be making that much or more. Add that to the $6M, and you have close to $10M in salary for a Basketball coach at a state school. I'm doing everything in my power to send my daughter to college, and preparing for my son in two years, yet the cost of college expenses are rising faster than I can keep up with. Where's the justice????
FBALL Wrote:I'd rather have Calamari.
Isn't that like the squid-like food that Kelly Pickler was famous for on American idol?
:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The rumor has now made ESPN. Dana O'Neil & Pat Forde are hearing from sources that both Cal & UK are interested in one another.

Memphis coach John Calipari has taken a place on Kentucky's radar in its search to replace Billy Gillispie, multiple sources told ESPN.com's Dana O'Neil and Pat Forde.

On Friday, a source told O'Neil that Calipari 'likely would not be interested' in the job but on Sunday, multiple sources said Calipari is indeed interested. A source also said Kentucky was gathering information on Calipari over the weekend.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4026035
My sources have told me that there will be a press conference before Wed. to announce Calipari as the new coach.
ooo boy!!!! Big Grin
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:My sources have told me that there will be a press conference before Wed. to announce Calipari as the new coach.

My fingers will be crossed!!
i hope JC gets it!
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:My sources have told me that there will be a press conference before Wed. to announce Calipari as the new coach.
i got same info JC can't wait.:rockon:

How good are your sources? I hope they are right.
jetpilot Wrote:How good are your sources? I hope they are right.

:rockon:

I second this :rockon:

I hope this is true. :1:
jetpilot Wrote:How good are your sources? I hope they are right.

Doesn't really matter, people will doubt it even if he's the Dean at UK's brother.

But I also hope he is right.
Marc Maggard said that Barnhart & Calipari could be meeting in Chicago tomorrow.
Well I will believe it when I see him being announced as the new Head coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
What say we get our hopes up for a second and Cal comes, and his recruits follow him (cuz more than likely they're committed to him not Memphis):

Starting line-up
Jodie Meeks
Patrick Patterson
John Wall
Darius Miller
DeMarcus Cousins

off the bench:
Xavier Henry (maybe)
Daniel Orton
Jon Hood
GJ Valerino
Whoever else stays.

Very exciting. that looks like a Final Four to me
EASports12 Wrote:What say we get our hopes up for a second and Cal comes, and his recruits follow him (cuz more than likely they're committed to him not Memphis):

Starting line-up
Jodie Meeks
Patrick Patterson
John Wall
Darius Miller
DeMarcus Cousins

off the bench:
Xavier Henry (maybe)
Daniel Orton
Jon Hood
GJ Valerino
Whoever else stays.

I think it would be a stretch to see UK get Wall & Cousins, let alone Henry.
He's shady, don't trust him at all.
I could see Memphis getting in trouble soon.
Whether he cheats or not, it would still be more exicting than Izzo.
EASports12 Wrote:What say we get our hopes up for a second and Cal comes, and his recruits follow him (cuz more than likely they're committed to him not Memphis):

Starting line-up
Jodie Meeks
Patrick Patterson
John Wall
Darius Miller
DeMarcus Cousins

off the bench:
Xavier Henry (maybe)
Daniel Orton
Jon Hood
GJ Valerino
Whoever else stays.

Boy, that looks nice. But I can't see all of his recruits following him to UK and him also keeping BillyG's recruits, IF he comes.
devilhorns05 Wrote:Calipari would be a great fit. People who talk about all these violations are crazy. Kentucky+Calipari= you would not need to commit violations.
I actually completely agree with this.
I'd have to say, I'm pretty excited right about now. I have a good feeling about this one.