Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Calipari Reportedly Interested in UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Matt Jones & Marc Maggard have reported on their websites, even Steven A. Smith of ESPN says that he is hearing that Calipari is interested in Kentucky.

Also, on Facebook nearly every UK player has joined the "Bring John Calipari to UK" group, also two of John's family members have joined the group as well. Almost forgot to mention as well that two of the most highly recruited recruits have joined the group as well, they go by the name of John Wall (#1 recruit) & DeMarcus Cousins.

Join the group...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group....2409812153

I hope to god that he is hired!
Facebook isn't a credible source, but I think Calipari is a better fit for UK than Izzo.

I remember before Tubby left, everyone was complaining that his slow style of play was boring and that's what we'd get with Izzo.
John Calipari over Rick Pitino and Donovan regardless anyways..I have been on the Calipari bandwagon the entire time!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:John Calipari over Rick Pitino and Donovan regardless anyways..I have been on the Calipari bandwagon the entire time!

I would like to see Pitino again mostly just to see what the statewide reaction would be.

Could you imagine that next UK/UL basketball game if it were to happen? It would be chaos.
Calipari is my top choice too! but I think with Izzo winning today and making to the Final 4, I just have a feeling he would be offered the job before JC. I hope Im wrong on this one because I would rather see Calipari than a 50 point a game Izzo. No disrecept to Izzo because hes a proven winner as we seen today. I just rather have Calipari along with Jon Wall in 2010 Smile.
MVP2 Wrote:Calipari is my top choice too! but I think with Izzo winning today and making to the Final 4, I just have a feeling he would be offered the job before JC. I hope Im wrong on this one because I would rather see Calipari than a 50 point a game Izzo. No disrecept to Izzo because hes a proven winner as we seen today. I just rather have Calipari along with Jon Wall in 2010 Smile.

Amen to that brother!

This is the best news I've heard all weekend!
I would be pleased with JC, was hopeful when we were looking for a coach after Tubby left
I am seeing Calipari more intreasted in the job then Izzo now. Seeing how Izzo has a Final Four and possible NCAA championship game to parpare for.
I'd rather have Calamari.
This just made me so excited.

I want him to come so bad!
:Cheerlead
Here are a couple of more links reporting similar stories to sink your teeth in. We would be dangerous in a couple years, maybe even next if Wall comes with Cal.

http://www.straitpinkie.com/sports/cats/...to-uk-job/

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missour...ge=6510654

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=106&f=1668&t=4147408
i heard jules camara was gona come back and coach
Not only dangerous but probably armed and dangerous and on the verge of probation.
Calipari would be a good fit at UK.
FBALL Wrote:Not only dangerous but probably armed and dangerous and on the verge of probation.

That's OK, we put him up there in the Eddie Sutton wing on our circle of champions.....

Hmmm, First there are reports JC says he's not interested and everyone was so distraught. Now there are reports (from Matt Jones albeit), that he's interested, and now everyone has their smile back. If this doesn't get finished soon, some folks are going to have to be committed.
John Calipari would be the best fit for the wildcats great coach and a very good recruiter
Stardust Wrote:That's OK, we put him up there in the Eddie Sutton wing on our circle of champions.....

Hmmm, First there are reports JC says he's not interested and everyone was so distraught. Now there are reports (from Matt Jones albeit), that he's interested, and now everyone has their smile back. If this doesn't get finished soon, some folks are going to have to be committed.

Me for one!!!!!
EOE Wrote:Me for one!!!!!

I remembered your earlier posts when I wrote that :Thumbs:
I hope he comes to UK.
This needs to get done ASAP so that the state of kentucky can be productive this week
Larry Vaught of Kentucky Sports Report, says that UK & Calipari have either already met or will meet soon.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Larry Vaught of Kentucky Sports Report, says that UK & Calipari have either already met or will meet soon.

I read this as well. Was this reported after or before Caliapri said he was "satisfied" where he was at?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I read this as well. Was this reported after or before Caliapri said he was "satisfied" where he was at?

This was reported today (3/29/09).

Rumors say UK will be offering $4 million a year to Calipari.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I read this as well. Was this reported after or before Caliapri said he was "satisfied" where he was at?

It was two years ago after Tubby left:flame:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4026035

Memphis coach John Calipari has the track record, though there are some who wonder if the provocative coach would project the right image for a program that still cringes at the recruiting scandal that left the Wildcats in disarray 20 years ago.
Stardust Wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4026035

Memphis coach John Calipari has the track record, though there are some who wonder if the provocative coach would project the right image for a program that still cringes at the recruiting scandal that left the Wildcats in disarray 20 years ago.

Rick Pitino should have been focused on Michigan State today instead of recommending future potential head coaches for the school he left.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Rick Pitino should have been focused on Michigan State today instead of recommending future potential head coaches for the school he left.

:Thumbs:
Calipari would be a great fit. People who talk about all these violations are crazy. Kentucky+Calipari= you would not need to commit violations.
if calipari came, i would be the happiest person alive. kentucky would dominate. i guarantee
Navajo4life Wrote:This needs to get done ASAP so that the state of kentucky can be productive this week

i kno right lol
Pages: 1 2 3