Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 83 - Betsy Layne 37 - 15th Region
Warlock Wrote:This one was kinda like I thought it would end up. Great game by Valley. They seem to playing very well at the right time of the season. Although I did see a little let up, but that was good and bad in a ways. I think it was good if not they wouod have won by 50. Bad because it could lead to bad habits.

Everyone is talking about the BL players dunk. I didnt see it being that impressive. It wasnt clean, and I think if he didnt hang on the rim it would have bounced out.

The chant at the BL side of the gym at the end of the game saying "We want seniors", looked to me like it was getting under the skin of the coach. He kept looking across at the fan section. I can see both, playing the seniors at the end of their last game, but also playing the players he had to get them a little more experience for next year.

How in the world was that not impressive? He took the ball all the way down the court, did the swim move to get by Tackett and slammed it home two-handed cleanly. Yeah it rattled around the rim, but it may have been because the defenders got a hand on the ball.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How in the world was that not impressive? He took the ball all the way down the court, did the swim move to get by Tackett and slammed it home two-handed cleanly. Yeah it rattled around the rim, but it may have been because the defenders got a hand on the ball.

yea which made it not clean. not trying to take away from him but wasn't that nice. if he would have got it clean that would be play of the week because that would have been sweet. but great job by both teams and good luck to valley against johnson central.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How in the world was that not impressive? He took the ball all the way down the court, did the swim move to get by Tackett and slammed it home two-handed cleanly. Yeah it rattled around the rim, but it may have been because the defenders got a hand on the ball.
Rattled around the rim isnt clean. I think if he didnt hang on the rim it would have bounced out. I was just saying it wasnt a clean dunk. It reminded me of someone who really cant dunk yet, but they try anyways, and hope the rim comes down a little to get it to fall threw. It was a very good move to the goal, dont get me wrong on that, but the finish wasnt impressive at all.
Elisha's Dunk was MEAN! No doubt about it. Shelby Valley played great. Congrats Valley.
Warlock Wrote:Rattled around the rim isnt clean. I think if he didnt hang on the rim it would have bounced out. I was just saying it wasnt a clean dunk. It reminded me of someone who really cant dunk yet, but they try anyways, and hope the rim comes down a little to get it to fall threw. It was a very good move to the goal, dont get me wrong on that, but the finish wasnt impressive at all.

It wasn't clean, but only because it looked like someone got a hand on it. He can definitely dunk easily though, and like was stated earlier, it would have been play of the week if it had been clean.

I have seen more dunks and dunk attempts this season in the 15th than in the last 5 years combined.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Elisha's Dunk was MEAN! No doubt about it. Shelby Valley played great. Congrats Valley.

Saw some highlights. It was pretty good.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:It wasn't clean, but only because it looked like someone got a hand on it. He can definitely dunk easily though, and like was stated earlier, it would have been play of the week if it had been clean.

I have seen more dunks and dunk attempts this season in the 15th than in the last 5 years combined.

That's my point, someone got a hand on it, but it still went through the hoop and was very impressive.

Josh Head is one of the few that can finish around the rim in the mountains.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's my point, someone got a hand on it, but it still went through the hoop and was very impressive.

Josh Head is one of the few that can finish around the rim in the mountains.

almost all of valley's players that get in the game can finish around the rim!!
i know, right? Wrote:almost all of valley's players that get in the game can finish around the rim!!

You realize when I say "around the rim", I mean that a player can dunk it home from within the paint and not take a run and go like most players (i.e. Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield, Cody Varney, Kurby Tackett).

Devan Adams is probably the only player that can take a step or jump flat-footed and dunk the ball for Valley. He, Josh Head, and Garrison Collins are probably the only players that can do it in the mountains.
Betsy Layne was beat in warm-ups..they had no confidence in themselves whatsoever..
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You realize when I say "around the rim", I mean that a player can dunk it home from within the paint and not take a run and go like most players (i.e. Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield, Cody Varney, Kurby Tackett).

Devan Adams is probably the only player that can take a step or jump flat-footed and dunk the ball for Valley. He, Josh Head, and Garrison Collins are probably the only players that can do it in the mountains.

I think you need to go watch JC's warmup then. Ian Welch can dunk a ball better than anyone around here off two feet and i gurantee you know one will argue with me about that. JC also has a few other good dunkers better than justice and the Valley crew.:Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You realize when I say "around the rim", I mean that a player can dunk it home from within the paint and not take a run and go like most players (i.e. Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield, Cody Varney, Kurby Tackett).

Elisha's dunk last night was off what, 2 steps? Varney's dunk at Pike Central was off a steal and 1 step.
Blueheat Wrote:I think you need to go watch JC's warmup then. Ian Welch can dunk a ball better than anyone around here off two feet and i gurantee you know one will argue with me about that. JC also has a few other good dunkers better than justice and the Valley crew.:Thumbs:

You might dunk better, but Elisha's two point drive by's count just as much as any JC dunk.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Elisha's dunk last night was off what, 2 steps? Varney's dunk at Pike Central was off a steal and 1 step.

Please read my previous post in this thread again.

Justice stole the ball at the half-court line and took a run and go, Varney stole the ball his own 3-point line and took a run and go. I'm talking about players that can grab a rebound and go back up with it and dunk it.

I know that Elisha, Varney, Welch, etc, etc. can dunk the ball.
I agree that JC has the best dunks in the mountains by far. They have quite a few players that can really jam it when they want. Ian has had some awesome in game dunks this year for sure
Blueheat Wrote:I think you need to go watch JC's warmup then. Ian Welch can dunk a ball better than anyone around here off two feet and i gurantee you know one will argue with me about that. JC also has a few other good dunkers better than justice and the Valley crew.:Thumbs:

I would hope so. If they can't outdunk a 5'9-5"10 point guard, they can't do much.
ive seen loads of short people dunk it, seriously dont use his height as to why people should out dunk him. Anyone watch the Slam dunk contest??? Who won, someone remind me?? and how tall is he??? wow, height should not be used as a reason for why people should outdunk him.
gtowntiger Wrote:ive seen loads of short people dunk it, seriously dont use his height as to why people should out dunk him. Anyone watch the Slam dunk contest??? Who won, someone remind me?? and how tall is he??? wow, height should not be used as a reason for why people should outdunk him.

I haven't seen Ian Welch dunk the ball in a game yet, but he did attempt one yesterday and was blocked by the rim.
My response was to someone who mentioned Elisha before all the other Valley players as far as dunking. Adams, Varney, and Tackett can all dunk much easier than him without having to take a few steps. The post sounded like Elisha was made out by everyone to be a great dunker. People were just happy to see him get a clean one for the first time this year.

Sorry that you think height isn't a factor in dunking. Most people do.
Congrats Valley!
gtowntiger Wrote:I agree that JC has the best dunks in the mountains by far. They have quite a few players that can really jam it when they want. Ian has had some awesome in game dunks this year for sure

And whats your point, dunking does not win ball games. If kids today would put more effort in shooting rather than dunking then they would be a lot better ball players out there. Elisha may not be able to dunk really clean, but he can shoot the ball very well and drive by anyone, and they count for just as much as a dunk.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I haven't seen Ian Welch dunk the ball in a game yet, but he did attempt one yesterday and was blocked by the rim.
here is one of the two in game dunks for this game alone. he had another awesome dunk in the district tournament game.
no one was dissing elisha being able to dunk. One person was just trying to compliment the poor bl team that lost on the effort of the kid that dunked the ball. Then SV fans persisted on saying it wasnt as good as the ones they did, then someone mentioned they would hope with the size jc had they could outdunk elisha and i reminded them that size is never an excuse (just ask nate robinson who is 5'9 and he won the slam dunk contest by jumping over someones head). No one ever said elisha wasnt a good player or that his points didnt count stop defending a position that wasnt attacked. why do people insist on constantly making the poor team out to be god's gift to basketball. yes they are very good. let them play and earn their way to state or even a state championship, stop acting like they should just walk past everyone and be handed a trophy. they may have an "easy" time but im sure none of the players would agree that they dont even have to try in region. if they didnt try at all, they would lose
I AM NOT BASHING SV's TEAM NOR PLAYERS only questioning the insane defense that no one else is worthy to be mentioned for a good effort even after their season is over. Please compliment BL on their efforts, mentally if they read anything on this site, they probably thought they should give up before the game started.
here you go:
[Image: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk29/...CT0384.jpg]
...and That Was A "flat-footed" Dunk???? I Don't Think So.
that one wasn't i said it was one of the two for that night alone
gtowntiger Wrote:here is one of the two in game dunks for this game alone. he had another awesome dunk in the district tournament game.
no one was dissing elisha being able to dunk. One person was just trying to compliment the poor bl team that lost on the effort of the kid that dunked the ball. Then SV fans persisted on saying it wasnt as good as the ones they did, then someone mentioned they would hope with the size jc had they could outdunk elisha and i reminded them that size is never an excuse (just ask nate robinson who is 5'9 and he won the slam dunk contest by jumping over someones head). No one ever said elisha wasnt a good player or that his points didnt count stop defending a position that wasnt attacked. why do people insist on constantly making the poor team out to be god's gift to basketball. yes they are very good. let them play and earn their way to state or even a state championship, stop acting like they should just walk past everyone and be handed a trophy. they may have an "easy" time but im sure none of the players would agree that they dont even have to try in region. if they didnt try at all, they would lose
I AM NOT BASHING SV's TEAM NOR PLAYERS only questioning the insane defense that no one else is worthy to be mentioned for a good effort even after their season is over. Please compliment BL on their efforts, mentally if they read anything on this site, they probably thought they should give up before the game started.
here you go:
[Image: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk29/...CT0384.jpg]

How is it dissing BL saying a dunk wasn't clean? I think everyone on here knows that Head can dunk 10 times better than Elisha. A couple of people just stated that Head's dunk wasn't clean, which it wasn't. It was still nice though and Head is one of the best dunkers, if not the best dunker, in the region. Betsy Layne has a good young team, but the Valley team is just an exception for this region this year. These boys have worked their butts off to get to this point and deserve for people not to want to see them lose just because they are a clear cut favorite. Not a soul on here said other teams aren't worth mentioning. I think Johnson Central is the consensus pick for the 2nd best team in region and you never know what may happen on Saturday. Do Valley's boys think they'll beat JC? I'd say so, but there are probably some nerves about the game and I'm sure they don't think they'll win by 40.

SV has never won a game at state, so if they are blessed enough to win this region, it will be a big accomplishment if they are just able to win one game at state. Would they be satisfied with that, though? I don't think so because they have set their goals high. They may never reach them, but at least they believe in themselves and have worked hard enough to give themselves a fighting chance.
Great game boys! Ashley Hatfield had a GREAT game! :Cheerlead
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:How is it dissing BL saying a dunk wasn't clean? I think everyone on here knows that Head can dunk 10 times better than Elisha. A couple of people just stated that Head's dunk wasn't clean, which it wasn't. It was still nice though and Head is one of the best dunkers, if not the best dunker, in the region. Betsy Layne has a good young team, but the Valley team is just an exception for this region this year. These boys have worked their butts off to get to this point and deserve for people not to want to see them lose just because they are a clear cut favorite. Not a soul on here said other teams aren't worth mentioning. I think Johnson Central is the consensus pick for the 2nd best team in region and you never know what may happen on Saturday. Do Valley's boys think they'll beat JC? I'd say so, but there are probably some nerves about the game and I'm sure they don't think they'll win by 40.

SV has never won a game at state, so if they are blessed enough to win this region, it will be a big accomplishment if they are just able to win one game at state. Would they be satisfied with that, though? I don't think so because they have set their goals high. They may never reach them, but at least they believe in themselves and have worked hard enough to give themselves a fighting chance.

Wow! I'm impressed you actually said somebody was better at something than Justice. I can't believe it. I think Justice is the best dunker in the 15th:rockon:
zulu Wrote:Wow! I'm impressed you actually said somebody was better at something than Justice. I can't believe it. I think Justice is the best dunker in the 15th:rockon:

I'm glad you're impressed.
The dunk by EJ was awesome. GO BIG BLUE :flame:
bigman77 Wrote:The dunk by EJ was awesome. GO BIG BLUE :flame:
I cant find the dunk?