Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 83 - Betsy Layne 37 - 15th Region
Final.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Valley! Any stats?
Nice game for Shelby Valley. Who will they play next?
Congrats Valley
Stardust Wrote:Nice game for Shelby Valley. Who will they play next?

Johnson Central!
Shelby Valley 83 Betsy Layne 37

Betsy Layne 8 7 8 14 37

Shelby Valley 24 18 22 19 83

15th at East Ky. Expo Center
First round
Betsy Layne (17-11) -- Adkins 2, Martin 3, Head 12, Slone 2, Newman 2, Deskins 8, Howell 2, Newsome 4, Roberts 2.
Shelby Valley (28-4) -- Justice 21, Bryant 10, Hatfield 14, Ta. Newsome 8, Varney 4, Adams 4, Ty. Newsome 1, C. Tackett 6, Robinson 6, Roberts 5, D. Tackett 4.
kentucky.com
No surprise there. Congrats Wildcats.
This game was over when it started, Good game Valley!
Congrats Valley
Good opening game for Valley. Any thoughts of a near-upset like Betsy Layne almost pulled off two years ago were quashed right from the start. Valley was able to put this one away early, and the becnh guys saw plenty of playing time.

Good luck against Johnson Central!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Valley....

Good season Bobcats
Congrats SV on another smokin. GO BIG BLUE. :flame:
Congrats SV!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
I attended this one and it was never really close.

Justice was amazing as usual and the Wildcats played some nice team ball.

Congrats Wildcats and good luck!
Another sleeper this one was over early BL just looked liked they knew what was coming before the game even started. GO CATS.:ChairHit:
valley's justice and hatfield had a great game and the call on justice carring the ball, i believe the ref knowed he made a bad call
Congrats Valley, some nice dunks in this game. #14 from BL had a nice throw down as well.
who is left in the 15th region besides valley and jc
NYY10 Wrote:Congrats Valley, some nice dunks in this game. #14 from BL had a nice throw down as well.

It was nice to see Elisha get a good, clean dunk. Just saw it again on WYMT. Pretty impressive for someone around 5'9"-5'10".

Good game guys.
Any footage of the dunks?
Loved the dunk by Elisha, nice to see him put one in, clean, to prove the naysayers wrong who said he couldn't put one in clean.
Congrats cats figured this wouldnt be close.
This one was never a game. Valley dominated from start to finish. Josh Head played his tail off tonight for the Bobcats, he also had another impressive slam between two defenders. Elisha Justice played exceptional along with the rest of the team.

Congrats Valley... great season Bobcats, you have nothing to hang your head about!
Betsy Layne played their hearts out, Shelby Valley just too much this time.
THE SOURCE Wrote:Any footage of the dunks?

You can see Elisha's dunk at www.wymtnews.com/wymtsports. It is the Mar. 4th - 11 pm... 04:00 video...
Let's see if this works better...

http://www.wkyt.com?autoStart=true&topVi...Id=3512646
hossman Wrote:who is left in the 15th region besides valley and jc

I belive Lawrence Co and Phelps play the 1st game tonight and then Pburg and Pike Central plays the second game
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Josh Head played his tail off tonight for the Bobcats, he also had another impressive slam between two defenders. Elisha Justice played exceptional along with the rest of the team.

Head's slam was one of the more impressive dunks I've seen all year, considering that he was dribbling down court, through pressure and dunked between two defenders. NICE.

SV could've done without the blown alley-oop they attempted after Elisha's dunk. Little too much hot dog on the mustard for me.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Loved the dunk by Elisha, nice to see him put one in, clean, to prove the naysayers wrong who said he couldn't put one in clean.
Looked like a pretty nice little dunk to me
This one was kinda like I thought it would end up. Great game by Valley. They seem to playing very well at the right time of the season. Although I did see a little let up, but that was good and bad in a ways. I think it was good if not they wouod have won by 50. Bad because it could lead to bad habits.

Everyone is talking about the BL players dunk. I didnt see it being that impressive. It wasnt clean, and I think if he didnt hang on the rim it would have bounced out.

The chant at the BL side of the gym at the end of the game saying "We want seniors", looked to me like it was getting under the skin of the coach. He kept looking across at the fan section. I can see both, playing the seniors at the end of their last game, but also playing the players he had to get them a little more experience for next year.