Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 63 - June Buchanan 51
I love seeing parents get involved. Those ladies have and are great supporters of the Crusaders. High school ball games should be about everyone having FUN (parents and fans included)
Agree windsprint!!! Devin was playing some really good D! The entire games was physical, that's what both teams bring to the table! It's part of their game plans and it should be part of every teams! JBS played their best ball of the season in the 1st half, period! LCC got totally dominated, Banks was in bad foul trouble in the 1st! But JBS just couldn't hang in the 2nd! I mean no offense, but they have no bench what so ever! If one of the guards needed a breather or got in foul trouble, then they were screwed, because they had no one! The post subs weren't much better, but they did take Hall out for a short period when he picked number 4! But that's what killed JBS, their bench, or lack of actually!
Come on guys, i meen seriously....... If you want to whine about losing the game, please keep it to yourself. The better team won last night and thats just the facts, foul ratio had nothing to do with it. LCC had the better team/talent and it showed in the second half.
So quit blaming the officials for something that wasn't there fault. Nuff said..
Windsprint Wrote:It's called DEFENSE ol' buddy. DEFENSE

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead TongueirateSho :igiveup: :ChairHit: :popcorn:
Congrats LCC.
Hey guys, There were a lot of questionable calls and a lot of fouls ignored, but no bias. Called bad all around. Great game on behalf of all the players on both teams. Both teams played with all they had. It could have went either way!:Thumbs: :Clap: :rockon:
Smoke 20 Wrote:Come on guys, i meen seriously....... If you want to whine about losing the game, please keep it to yourself. The better team won last night and thats just the facts, foul ratio had nothing to do with it. LCC had the better team/talent and it showed in the second half.
So quit blaming the officials for something that wasn't there fault. Nuff said..

No one said the best team didn't win. I just was observing last night, and I could see who did alot of fouling. Nothing about the players being bad or anything, just statin a fact and that was alot of fouls and no calls for JBS. Like I said eariler, I didn't care who won last night and I thought LCC did a good job of taking control of the game. They were the best team last night and it showed. Nuff said.
Congrats LCC
The problems with the officials in this district is that this district is at a big disadvantage to get the best officials in the 14th region because if an official lives or works in this area Knott or Letcher County, they are not allowed to call this district tournament. All but 2 of the top 8 officials live in this areaand can't call this district. These 6 all live or work in the area:
1. Dexter Campbell
2. Larry Thacker
3. Brian Cook
4. Jeff Richie
5. Mike Melton
6. Tommy Hutton
These 2 are able to call, but usually are calling in the 54th.
7. Steve Thomas
8. Glen Napier

So with those 8 all calling somewhere else, the biggest distict in the region gets the middle to lower officials. Totally not fair. Something needs to be done about this to make it a little more fair. I think you will see an improvement in how the games are called if you get the top officials calling those games. Just my opinion on the situation.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:The problems with the officials in this district is that this district is at a big disadvantage to get the best officials in the 14th region because if an official lives or works in this area Knott or Letcher County, they are not allowed to call this district tournament. All but 2 of the top 8 officials live in this areaand can't call this district. These 6 all live or work in the area:
1. Dexter Campbell
2. Larry Thacker
3. Brian Cook
4. Jeff Richie
5. Mike Melton
6. Tommy Hutton
These 2 are able to call, but usually are calling in the 54th.
7. Steve Thomas
8. Glen Napier

So with those 8 all calling somewhere else, the biggest distict in the region gets the middle to lower officials. Totally not fair. Something needs to be done about this to make it a little more fair. I think you will see an improvement in how the games are called if you get the top officials calling those games. Just my opinion on the situation.

Thanks, thats good to know. And I agree totally.
Jeff Ritchie should not be on the list of top officials, maybe worst
JOBAKKA Wrote:Jeff Ritchie should not be on the list of top officials, maybe worst

Everyone has their opinions on officials and who is where. I just went with the top 8 that are always in the top 8 in the region and calls the regional tournaments every year. Out of those 8, the only one that hasn't called a state tourney, is Dexter Campbell and that is just because he chose not too! All the others have State Tourney experience and all deserved it. They all work hard at the job that they do and would not want to do their job for them.
boogieman Wrote:Yes, Devin Blair was all over Howard last night and they didn't call anything. And no I'm not biased because I'm a KCC fan, so I didn't care one way or the other who won. I kept quiet and I could see every foul Blair committed. But I also saw a few that Garrison committed that they didn't call, but Blair was all over that boy and nothin was called.
It is called guarding your man. Watch him Sat do the same. The physical nature of the game was inside not on the perimeter.
Windsprint Wrote:I love seeing parents get involved. Those ladies have and are great supporters of the Crusaders. High school ball games should be about everyone having FUN (parents and fans included)
Agree
120 pound menace that Blair boy!
Now I will tell you one thing, that Blair is a bad dude. When he wears his goatee he looks mean, talks mean and walks mean. One of the most ill people I have ever met!!!!
UKisN1 Wrote:It is called guarding your man. Watch him Sat do the same. The physical nature of the game was inside not on the perimeter.

Oh, my bad. I didn't know that included hangin on to their jerseys for dear life or slappin their arms. Thanks for clearin that up for me.
JBS was 10-19 from the line. Letcher was 16-21. According to my math --that is a difference of 2. Looks pretty even to me considering that JBS committed 4 fouls in the final two minutes trying to get the ball back. And Blair IS bad to the bone!!!!!
I tell you what, I really believe that Windsprint is right. He is bad to the bone. May want to do like they do in WWE. Before they let him play Sat night they may want to check his trunks and socks for brass knucks.
UKisN1 Wrote:120 pound menace that Blair boy!

He is scary - all 5' 7" and 130 lbs of him! :yikes:
codeblue Wrote:He is scary - all 5' 7" and 130 lbs of him! :yikes:

Ive seen grass hoppers bigger than that.
Smoke 20 Wrote:Come on guys, i meen seriously....... If you want to whine about losing the game, please keep it to yourself. The better team won last night and thats just the facts, foul ratio had nothing to do with it. LCC had the better team/talent and it showed in the second half.

Bull crap, Why do you think that the letcher coach got the technical in the first half, I dont think he cared too much for the officials either. Thats when the foul ratio was in our favor in the first half. The second half they called it in Letchers favor all the way, what was it 9 to 3 or something. How bad does it have to get when an official from the hash mark 30 feet away opposite side of the court has to come to the base line and correct an out of bounds call that an official made 8 feet from the action. Im just thankfull that he had the guts to reverse the call. And im sure your going to say ohh it was just one call. It doesnt take many like that to totaly change the momentum of the game. Letcher has a good team and i wish them luck, but the officiating was horrible i dont care what you say. NUFF SAID!:flame:
Congrats LCC
When looing at how officiating effects a game, you don't just look at the foul ratio on each team, but you also have to take in consideraion the effect of the fouls that should have been called as well. In this game, the second half officiating was horrible. (Even more than the first). Intentional or not, I can't say, but I can say that it was horrible. It only takes a couple of key stops with point conversions to change the outcome of game. That's what happened. Bad calls or not, LCC hit their conversion baskets and that won the game. Once JBS got down, they didn't have the wind to come back. Doesn't matter, Neither team can beat KCC for district title, nor could either team take regionals. Just wanted to point out (for future critics) that foul stats don't tell the whole story.