Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co. 52 - Lee Co. 47
This what happened from my perspective.
First the Lee coach was assesed a technical foul for putting his hands on his head in a manner of disbelief. Two ladies in the Lee section jumped up and yelled"that is terrible". They were then ejected. One of the refs was from Lewis Co. and he is also the assistant assigning secreatary for his region so I can only assume he assign himself to the game. The game was a rough and was let get out of control by the refs. After the 2 ladies were ejected(one of the ladies was the wife to the man who came down the stairs)The man seen on the video ran down the steps and told the ref to throw him out also since he threw his wife, there were other Lee county men who told this man to get back in his seat and he turned and headed back up to get his coat since he had to leave and take his wife home. Then these 2 off duty police officers who were there as fans bull rushed in to seats and one did display his badge at the bottom of the section then he put his billfold up he then proceeded up a few more steps and grabbed a man by the arm(the grandfather to a younger player on the team) the man pulled away not having any idea who this man was, then the policeman grabbed him again and the fan grabbed the officer and the tussle began rolling over a rail and down through the bleachers. When the wrestling quit(very quickly) both the man who went down the steps and the man who wrestled with the state police officer were taken and charged. The player was ejected by the ref for FIGHTING(go figure). the kid never did anything but the right thing in trying to settle down his father. There would be no incident if the officers had not bull rushed the crowd and began putting hands on people. I dont know to many people who like be manhandled by strangers without defending thierselves. There were no uniformed officers at the game. I seen mentioned on this thread a comment about the brotherhood and since the ref from Lewis County is a policeman this may have come into play. Just My Honest Opinion.
Congrats Lewis Co!
JOBAKKA Wrote:This what happened from my perspective.
First the Lee coach was assesed a technical foul for putting his hands on his head in a manner of disbelief. Two ladies in the Lee section jumped up and yelled"that is terrible". They were then ejected. One of the refs was from Lewis Co. and he is also the assistant assigning secreatary for his region so I can only assume he assign himself to the game. The game was a rough and was let get out of control by the refs. After the 2 ladies were ejected(one of the ladies was the wife to the man who came down the stairs)The man seen on the video ran down the steps and told the ref to throw him out also since he threw his wife, there were other Lee county men who told this man to get back in his seat and he turned and headed back up to get his coat since he had to leave and take his wife home. Then these 2 off duty police officers who were there as fans bull rushed in to seats and one did display his badge at the bottom of the section then he put his billfold up he then proceeded up a few more steps and grabbed a man by the arm(the grandfather to a younger player on the team) the man pulled away not having any idea who this man was, then the policeman grabbed him again and the fan grabbed the officer and the tussle began rolling over a rail and down through the bleachers. When the wrestling quit(very quickly) both the man who went down the steps and the man who wrestled with the state police officer were taken and charged. The player was ejected by the ref for FIGHTING(go figure). the kid never did anything but the right thing in trying to settle down his father. There would be no incident if the officers had not bull rushed the crowd and began putting hands on people. I dont know to many people who like be manhandled by strangers without defending thierselves. There were no uniformed officers at the game. I seen mentioned on this thread a comment about the brotherhood and since the ref from Lewis County is a policeman this may have come into play. Just My Honest Opinion.

Thanks for the info on the ref, it sounds like he was most of the trouble. Him being a cop is not good. Would the state police officers been as qucik to come up if he was not. I have been to several games this year that the officating was poor and it always leads to trouble with the fans. Schools need to have a plan to hanlde these problems and officers in uniform to help. 90% of the time if you just ask them to leave in a civialized manner they will go. I am a hillbilly and most hillbillys do not like to be handled rough. As long as there have been games in East Ky they have been incidents like this and allways will be. They could get real ugly if they are not handled properly. Still, this is no excuse for fans behaving poorly.
JOBAKKA Wrote:This what happened from my perspective.

A couple things to clarify, the player got ejected from the game for leaving the bench/floor, he actually went into the stands were they were fighting. That is easy to make that call, I am not saying he acted wrong, because I do agree he was telling dad to get back up in the stands and set down, but high school rules state leaving the bench/floor for anything is an ejection.

Secondly, the ref that ejected the women went to school and played ball with the coach of Lee Co. Yes, one official was from Lewis Co, but he has also done the state tourney and is a good official. The game was not a poorly refereed game, the coach of Lee kept his crowd going the whole game and was complaining and worried more about the ref from Lewis than he was coaching, but he didn't think about the other ref that he went to school with and played ball with, should Lewis coach have complained about him?
lcalum Wrote:A couple things to clarify, the player got ejected from the game for leaving the bench/floor, he actually went into the stands were they were fighting. That is easy to make that call, I am not saying he acted wrong, because I do agree he was telling dad to get back up in the stands and set down, but high school rules state leaving the bench/floor for anything is an ejection.

Secondly, the ref that ejected the women went to school and played ball with the coach of Lee Co. Yes, one official was from Lewis Co, but he has also done the state tourney and is a good official. The game was not a poorly refereed game, the coach of Lee kept his crowd going the whole game and was complaining and worried more about the ref from Lewis than he was coaching, but he didn't think about the other ref that he went to school with and played ball with, should Lewis coach have complained about him?
While I agree with your description of the players activities, the rules refer to a fight. The player is now tarnished with a fight ejection on his record and now if another instance ever occurs there are more serious penalties. I do not believe he deserved a fighting ejection. The ref from Morgan played with our coaches brother and yes he did the ejections but it was the ref from Lewis who threw a phantom T. If he represents the best the 16th has to offer, since he does state tournaments for your region, you have my deepest sympothies. He may the worst I have ever seen. Not his calls it is his blindness and inability to manage a game.
We may disagree, but I do respect yout opinion.
JOBAKKA Wrote:While I agree with your description of the players activities, the rules refer to a fight. The player is now tarnished with a fight ejection on his record and now if another instance ever occurs there are more serious penalties. I do not believe he deserved a fighting ejection. The ref from Morgan played with our coaches brother and yes he did the ejections but it was the ref from Lewis who threw a phantom T. If he represents the best the 16th has to offer, since he does state tournaments for your region, you have my deepest sympothies. He may the worst I have ever seen. Not his calls it is his blindness and inability to manage a game.
We may disagree, but I do respect yout opinion.

The player going into the stands I understand both sides of it, I will leave it at that. I believe people here in the 16th region feel like we don't get a fair shake from officials when we travel outside the region to play either. I guess officials know were there bread is buttered, and refereeing is usually a good excuse for coaches and fans. Normally one team is always unhappy with the officiating, I know it's not easy, but I don't feel we can say to much unless we have been in there shoes. I don't think I want to try it very often. I also respect your opinion, although some may differ a little.
The difference is I have tried it and I now have family that is actively officiating. It was not a game changing call or helping Lewis at all that I am referiiing to> It was the lack of control of the physical and intentional nature that I question. The ref did not score a point for either team. Yes there are differences in each region and refs do tend to take care of those that rate them but I do not believe a ref leaves home with the intent to cheat a team or a kid. They have a job to do and thier performance is what I am referring to. Maybe he was having an off night. Whatever it was it was bad.
JOBAKKA Wrote:The difference is I have tried it and I now have family that is actively officiating. It was not a game changing call or helping Lewis at all that I am referiiing to> It was the lack of control of the physical and intentional nature that I question. The ref did not score a point for either team. Yes there are differences in each region and refs do tend to take care of those that rate them but I do not believe a ref leaves home with the intent to cheat a team or a kid. They have a job to do and thier performance is what I am referring to. Maybe he was having an off night. Whatever it was it was bad.

I guess referees can have off nights just as players do???
I cna attest to that. remeber they never practice, everything is gametime. Good Luck to Lewis the rest of the year.