Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lewis Co. 52 - Lee Co. 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. Good win for the Lions. Lee was 6-5 and had won 3 in a row.
Tough loss for Lee County and an impressive victory for the Lewis!

Congrats Lewis!
Very nice win for Lewis and an excellent way to rebound after the Elliott game.
WOW have you seen the news???????? There was a fight in the stands it will be on 27 news tonight at 11 this is crazy.
courtdog Wrote:WOW have you seen the news???????? There was a fight in the stands it will be on 27 news tonight at 11 this is crazy.

I don't doubt it I went to the Lee/Wolfe game and the Lee fans got pretty unruly.
watch the 11 news tonight they have it on film i just saw it on fox news at 10
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I don't doubt it I went to the Lee/Wolfe game and the Lee fans got pretty unruly.
I heard about this earlier tonight. It sound like the WWE Monday Night Raw came to the Bluegrass.
did you see it on the news someone is in bad trouble.
I haven't seen it yet. I figure it will be on Youtube at some point.
The bad part about it I heard it was a off duty state trooper the fan decided to punch. Good win for the Lions.
he didnt just punch him they rolled all over the stands i hated to see that because Lee Co has great fans.
I was told that the Lee Co fans were gettin rowdy bc of the horrible officiating. It must have gotten outta hand after a few Lee Co fans were tossed from the game .Good win for Lewis Co. All though if they met again Lee would win.
theflash Wrote:i was told that the lee co fans were gettin rowdy bc of the horrible officiating..it must have gotten outta hand after a few lee co fans were tossed from the game..good win for lewis co. all though if they met again lee would win

Horrible officiating?? How can Lee Co. fans complain; team fouls for 2nd half were 9-9, and thats counting the 2 T's on Lee Co, so actual fouls were 9-7. I love when teams get beat they complain about officiating, agree, some times officials aren't the best, but don't make excuses!!!
lcalum Wrote:Horrible officiating?? How can Lee Co. fans complain; team fouls for 2nd half were 9-9, and thats counting the 2 T's on Lee Co, so actual fouls were 9-7. I love when teams get beat they complain about officiating, agree, some times officials aren't the best, but don't make excuses!!!

I just said thats what i was TOLD. I honestly think that if they met again Lee Co would win hands down .Pelfrey went down in the 1st quarter with an ankle injury. That would have been a big difference if he could have played w/o that happening.
theflash Wrote:i just said thats what i was TOLD...and i honestly think that if they met again lee co would win hands down..pelfrey went down in the 1st quarter with an ankle injury..that would have been a big difference if he could have played w/o that happening

I didn't say you were complaining, I said "Lee Co. fans". :dontthink You can't count injuries into whether a team will win or lose if they played, Lewis has one of there best shooters on the side line after he had as acl injury earlier this year, there best shooter don't play as much as he could if he were not injured with a football injury(broken leg). A lot of things could determine the outcome if they played again, but they don't and Lewis won their only game. Cool
lcalum Wrote:I didn't say you were complaining, I said "Lee Co. fans". :dontthink You can't count injuries into whether a team will win or lose if they played, Lewis has one of there best shooters on the side line after he had as acl injury earlier this year, there best shooter don't play as much as he could if he were not injured with a football injury(broken leg). A lot of things could determine the outcome if they played again, but they don't and Lewis won their only game. Cool

Yeah thats true. No disrespect towards Lewis Co. But injuries do come into effect. If Lee Co had Pelfrey healthy that game they could of won. And if Lewis had their best shooter healthy it could have been a different outcome. I misread what you had said bout the complaints. haha:howdy:
theflash Wrote:yeah thats true..no disrespect towards lewis co...but injuries do come into effect..if lee co had pelfrey healthy that game they could of won...and if lewis had their best shooter healthy it could have been a different outcome..i misread what you had said bout the complaints haha:howdy:

I agree, injuries due effect outcomes of games, but most of the time both teams could have injuries. I just think people(whether its fans, coaches, players,etc) should not make excuses (injuries, officiating,whatever) if they lose. They have to play the hand there dealt, and you can't put "*" beside wins and losses.
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/37468729.html#

There is the link to the video on wkyt.com.

The kid who tried to tell his father to shut up and push him back into the stand should be commended I think.
I think this was the all the fault of the officials. They didn't call some 'hard' fouls on one team and called touch fouls on the other. Parents/fans over-reacted.

Not justifying anything, but it could happen anywhere, anytime, if the officials allow very rough play.
I heard Gus Wiseman was suspended one game for trying to tell his dad to get back in the stands....is this true?
Yes, Gus Wise is suspended for one game
racer4life Wrote:The bad part about it I heard it was a off duty state trooper the fan decided to punch. Good win for the Lions.

I am not affiliated with Lewis County, Lee County or Morgan County but I do know the state poice officer in question and he has a reputations for being hot headed and around contraversy. I am not saying what the fans did was right, but this officer let this get out of hand and got personally involved. And to beat that he had another state polce officer there that got involved. This is typical behavior from this individual. Looks like he could have just ask them to leave quitely instead of arguing with the fan.
MonsterMan Wrote:I am not affiliated with Lewis County, Lee County or Morgan County but I do know the state poice officer in question and he has a reputations for being hot headed and around contraversy. I am not saying what the fans did was right, but this officer let this get out of hand and got personally involved. And to beat that he had another state polce officer there that got involved. This is typical behavior from this individual. Looks like he could have just ask them to leave quitely instead of arguing with the fan.
From what I saw on the video, the incident was for the most part over when the off duty trooper got involved. The father of the player was heading back up into the stands with a couple of Lee fans who came to get him. I'm not sure why he got so involved. It looked like everything was calming down.
That's just what it looked like to me. An overreaction by the police officer. But, maybe there was something that was said or done that the video doesn't expose.
LeeCoBobcatfan Wrote:Yes, Gus Wise is suspended for one game
From watching the video they should have commended the kid. It looked like he was trying to defuse the situation by pushing his dad back into the stands.

I find this decision confusing unless he did something else. Maybe for going into the stand after the fight started?
Well whether the state police officers had any role other than maintaining order is irrelevant. The fan should never have come down to the floor, confronted the official and have to have your teenage son (who should not even be as mature as his Father) tell him to go back and sit down. Now because of this Father's stupidity, he may face criminal charges and his son is suspended a game. Is that worth it? It is only a game! But you see that sort everywhere. They just normally don't get that confrontational, especially with the police. Big mistake, bad example for the kids!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Well whether the state police officers had any role other than maintaining order is irrelevant. The fan should never have come down to the floor, confronted the official and have to have your teenage son (who should not even be as mature as his Father) tell him to go back and sit down. Now because of this Father's stupidity, he may face criminal charges and his son is suspended a game. Is that worth it? It is only a game! But you see that sort everywhere. They just normally don't get that confrontational, especially with the police. Big mistake, bad example for the kids!

Like I have said I do not have a dog in this hunt and you are 100% correct. I have seen this or worse happen many times and the way it is handled is to diffuse the situation and just ask the party to leave, then get the police. From the tape it looks like this was done. There is no excuse for the way the parent acted and his son will suffer. I bet the state police officals were upset to see two of thier off duty officers wrestling in the stands on tv. IMO, this is not professional polce behavior.
Why would the off duty statee:doughnutc need to get involved in the first place? When one of the referees had a badge:cop:
goal_line Wrote:Why would the off duty statee:doughnutc need to get involved in the first place? When one of the referees had a badge:cop:

Are you saying one of the referee was a policeman? If this is true this would explain alot! I guess the moral of the story would be do not mess with the brother hood at a basketball game!
FBALL Wrote:From watching the video they should have commended the kid. It looked like he was trying to defuse the situation by pushing his dad back into the stands.

I find this decision confusing unless he did something else. Maybe for going into the stand after the fight started?

I agree. I watched the video and it looked like he was telling his dad to get back up in the stands. I don't understand why he was suspended.
he did nothing at all but try to calm his dad down.
Pages: 1 2